• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 6 | OT | Mastering Jiggle Combos

Pantz

If you wanted to unlock stuff.

I already have all costume parts but I guess it converts to coins. Still not sure how they decide on the amount to reward you. Somtimes it will give over 10k, other times 4k. Either way it's racking up pretty fast as I lose matches in ranked mode.

Reactions: Isa

Ol'Scratch

I still really need to pick this up. Gamefly has the physical for 19.99 (at least they did) but would like to see it on the cheap digital either PS4 or PC.

I just saw the tweet about individual costumes purchases for Westerners on PS4, and it's such a giant load of BS. Individual costume purchases remain available on PS4 for DOA5LR and were there from the get-go in DOA6 for Mai & Kula.

If Koei Tecmo's "new system" is anything other than go onto PSN and buy individual costumes, then they can F-off.

Pantz

How much did that set you back?

Just in-game currency. No idea how much total. With the "double xp" on right now for ranked matches grinding out the last half of them went pretty fast and you get just about as much if you lose too.

Vlaphor

They just announced the next set of DLC costumes, Summer Dress.

eikQDu6.jpg

4IJZZGw.jpg

Kind of plain to be honest. I'll just get Tina's and maybe Honoka. Also, it looks like Ayane got bustier in her dress...

I think they added some higher ranks for ranked matches as well. I saw a "star" rating which goes pass the U rank, so I'm assuming that you can earn multiple stars when you ranked beyond that. Not sure if anything else noticeable was added though. We still need non ranked player matches and individual ranks for each character I think.

xion4360

theres up to 3 star rank now and they added full lobby chat..it was there but at times not available. also more into and victory animations, just a few missing now should be competed with the next patch

There's been an initial update on the ability to purchase individual costumes on PS4 for the West. Consumers will need to buy Premium Tickets on PSN, which can be exchanged in-game for the DLC costumes. Prices haven't been revealed, but the tickets will be available starting September 6. The info is from the below tweet.

Going by the video, DLC costumes will cost two tickets. One hopes the cost of two tickets on PSN will be $1.99, equivalent to buying individual costumes in the US on XB & Steam. I do, however, wonder how the license rights to the content will be handled, since there won't be any PSN history of consumers buying & downloading outfits. Buying access rights to digital content is already a fool's errand, potentially made worse if the history of these costume purchases can easily disappear.

Last edited:
There's been an initial update on the ability to purchase individual costumes on PS4 for the West. Consumers will need to buy Premium Tickets on PSN, which can be exchanged in-game for the DLC costumes. Prices haven't been revealed, but the tickets will be available starting September 6. The info is from the below tweet.

Going by the video, DLC costumes will cost two tickets. One hopes the cost of two tickets on PSN will be $1.99, equivalent to buying individual costumes in the US on XB & Steam. I do, however, wonder how the license rights to the content will be handled, since there won't be any PSN history of consumers buying & downloading outfits. Buying access rights to digital content is already a fool's errand, potentially made worse if the history of these costume purchases can easily disappear.

Jesus, I have a bad feeling about this ticket system. Like, why not simply implement the same purchase system that KT has for the Asian PSN Store. This situation is very strange.

On the other hand, I hope they put to sale Kasumi´s pre order bonus costume (aka Tropical Sailor Costume)

Last edited:
Like, why not simply implement the same purchase system that KT has for the Asian PSN Store. This situation is very strange.
Considering it's only the Western PS4 releases that have this issue, along with Koei Tecmo's refusal to openly address things, the general assumption is Sony's blocking the sale of individual costumes for some reason, although one can guess it's somehow related to their new ambiguous content policies.

What I'm interested to see is whether this Premium Ticket system will serve as a beta test for future iterations of the game. I'm of the mind DoA6 will simply rollover to the next generation of consoles. Should the game go further down the route of becoming a service platform, does KT also decide to move sales & account infrastructure to their own servers? Regardless, while the hope is the ticket system will offer the monetary equivalent of single-costume purchases on XB & Steam, I'm also expecting some manner of pricing shenanigans.

As for the Kasumi costume, it still isn't available on other platforms or in other regions, but I'd think everything will eventually be purchasable, even if potentially at a premium.

:::::: edit ::::::

I didn't want to bump the thread for a comment that is essentially only answering my own question, but the DoA6 FAQ was updated, providing answers to various questions related to Premium Tickets.

Information pertaining to DLC costume ownership is as follows.

gO2QYg0.jpg

I really will be curious to see, whether the next iteration of DoA6 comes with a more robust user-account system on all platforms.

Last edited:
Is there a core version

Yes, there is a core (values) version, and you could play with Kasumi, Diego, Hitomi or Bass. Personally, I think it's an interesting roster, because the four free characters have very different playstyles. I recommend you to give DOA 6 core version a try.

=======================EDIT===================

Sorry, i didn't see that this was a months old comment.

Last edited:
Considering it's only the Western PS4 releases that have this issue, along with Koei Tecmo's refusal to openly address things, the general assumption is Sony's blocking the sale of individual costumes for some reason, although one can guess it's somehow related to their new ambiguous content policies.
Funny enough you can actually buy Mai and Kula's costumes individually in the Western release and not just in the bundle. If it was Sony, would be weird that they would allow it for 2 specific characters but not every character.

Funny enough you can actually buy Mai and Kula's costumes individually in the Western release and not just in the bundle. If it was Sony, would be weird that they would allow it for 2 specific characters but not every character.
Normal individual costume purchases are available on all platforms and in all regions, except for Western players on the PS4. Given that Western PS4 players require a workaround to the problem and that Koei Tecmo won't provide a clear explanation for why this happens to be the case, everything would suggest this is an issue related to Sony.

I've previously mentioned the ability to buy Kula and Mai's costumes in this very thread. Common sense would dictate the availability of their initial costumes is at least partially due to certain outfits not being retroactively included in the existing costume sets or season pass, while the rest of their wardrobe is specific to those two characters. The DLC for the characters doesn't quite fit into the established format of Western purchases, especially without the option for other character-based costume packages.

As there's clearly no technical reason preventing Western PS4 owners from purchasing individual costumes, with Kula and Mai being licensed characters, it would also be reasonable to assume Koei Tecmo was able to come to some agreement with Sony in this specific instance. Considering the characters' costumes come at a $1 premium, there may well have been both contractual and financial realities that made the individual availability possible.

Last edited:
Normal individual costume purchases are available on all platforms and in all regions, except for Western players on the PS4. Given that Koei Tecmo won't provide a clear explanation for why this happens to be the case, everything would suggest this is an issue related to Sony.

I've previously mentioned the ability to buy Kula and Mai's costumes in this very thread. Common sense would dictate the availability of their initial costumes is at least partially due to certain outfits not being retroactively included in the existing costume sets or season pass, while the rest of their wardrobe is specific to those two characters. The DLC for the characters doesn't quite fit into the established format of Western purchases, especially without the option for other character-based costume packages.

As there's clearly no technical reason preventing Western PS4 owners from purchasing individual costumes, with Kula and Mai being licensed characters, it would also be reasonable to assume Koei Tecmo was able to come to some agreement with Sony in this specific instance. Considering the characters' costumes come at a $1 premium, there may well have been both contractual and financial realities that made the individual availability possible.
Well PC didn't get it either until after Mai and Kula. Also looking it up I don't see individual costume buys on the XBOX version of recent Warriors games either.. I mean it could be Sony, games like SFV let you buy individual costumes through the in game store via PSN, while PSN itself has bundle packs. Still Koei Tecmo don't seem to sell costumes individually in any of there games recently looking up Warriors, suspicious if you ask me.

a
Well PC didn't get it either until after Mai and Kula. Also looking it up I don't see individual costume buys on the XBOX version of recent Warriors games either.. I mean it could be Sony, games like SFV let you buy individual costumes through the in game store via PSN, while PSN itself has bundle packs. Still Koei Tecmo don't seem to sell costumes individually in any of there games recently looking up Warriors, suspicious if you ask me.
For whatever reason, DoA5 on Steam never received individual costume purchases, but when the ability was added to DoA6, it went live in all regions on PC, unlike the situation on consoles. As for the musou titles, individual costumes are available in the West on XB, PS4, and Steam for both Dynasty Warriors 9 and Warriors Orochi 4, which I believe are the most recently available entries in each franchise.

For DoA6, Koei Tecmo needed to create a workaround for individual costumes purchases for Western regions on PS4, suggesting they are more than willing to provide the option. In the absence of any technical limitations, it would make no sense to treat one general region on only one platform differently, leaving the more reasonable explanation to be the lack of normal individual costumes purchases on PS4 in the West has something to do with Sony.

Last edited:
For whatever reason, DoA5 on Steam never received individual costume purchases, but when the ability was added to DoA6, it went live in all regions on PC, unlike the situation on consoles. As for the musou titles, individual costumes are available in the West on XB, PS4, and Steam for both Dynasty Warriors 9 and Warriors Orochi 4, which I believe are the most recently available entries in each franchise.

For DoA6, Koei Tecmo needed to create a workaround for individual costumes purchases for Western regions on PS4, suggesting they are more than willing to provide the option. In the absence of any technical limitations, it would make no sense to treat one general region on only one platform differently, leaving the more reasonable explanation to be the lack of normal individual costumes purchases on PS4 in the West has something to do with Sony.
Looked up, there is for DW9, but couldn't find any for Warriors Orochi 4, all the ones I saw were packs, with the cheap 1.99$ packs being a compilation of costumes ported over from the previous game......

Looked up, there is for DW9, but couldn't find any for Warriors Orochi 4, all the ones I saw were packs, with the cheap 1.99$ packs being a compilation of costumes ported over from the previous game......
The individual costumes for Warriors Orochi 4 are labeled as "Bonus Costumes" and are available on XB, PS4, and Steam. At the same time, the $1.99 "Legendary" packs for both costumes and weapons also essentially function as individual purchases, as opposed to having more expensive DLC packs containing multiple sets of "Legendary" items.

The individual costumes for Warriors Orochi 4 are labeled as "Bonus Costumes" and are available on XB, PS4, and Steam. At the same time, the $1.99 "Legendary" packs for both costumes and weapons also essentially function as individual purchases, as opposed to having more expensive DLC packs containing multiple sets of "Legendary" items.
Bonus costumes you're talking about were the pre-order costumes and other special offer costumes. The actual new normal costumes were these.
I can't find them individually listed anywhere.

Bonus costumes you're talking about were the pre-order costumes and other special offer costumes. The actual new normal costumes were these.
I can't find them individually listed anywhere.
Bonus Costume for Wang Yuanji: XB, PSN, and Steam.

Costumes like the one above were still offered as individual purchases on all three online marketplaces, regardless of being used as bonus incentives. Yes, outside of the Deluxe Edition and the Season Pass, the costumes from your link are only available as a Pack in the West, although--unlike with DoA6--this is consistent across XB, PSN, and Steam. Overall, Warriors Orochi 4 still has a bunch of cheap DLC that effectively acts as individual purchases, which again is unlike the current situation with DoA6 in the West on PS4.

If you want to place the blame surrounding DoA6 & Western PSN on Koei Tecmo, go ahead, but the company is universally selling cheap single-purchase items for its games, with the exception being DoA 6 on PSN in the West.

Last edited:
Like I said....was originally a pre-order bonus, and the cheap "legendary" stuff is ported over DLC from DW8, WO3, and DW7.
None of that negates all of those items being available to download individually and maintaining purchase consistence across Western platforms, unlike the situation with DoA6.

Bottom line, until proven otherwise, I place the blame on Sony for this DoA6 situation on PS4. With regards other Koei Tecmo titles, I don't currently see any relation to their handling of DLC and what's happening in the West with the latest DoA iteration. If you disagree, that's completely understandable.

Last edited:
So I tried the premium ticket system and it works better than I expected. Also, the costumes are reasonably priced... 1 costume costs 2 tickets = 2 USD. For me, the best thing it's that you can buy the premium tickets and the costumes in the same in-game menu, without need to going to the clunky PS Store, like in DOA5.

Aggelos

Momiji returns

027.jpg

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I just played a match of Momiji vs Ryu and it made me really want a new Ninja Gaiden game.
Also, it's taking me forever to unlock Momiji's costumes. I wish they'd make the unlock system easier.

Last edited:

xion4360

I just played a match of Momiji vs Ryu and it made me really want a new Ninja Gaiden game.
Also, it's taking me forever to unlock Momiji's costumes. I wish they'd make the unlock system easier.

unlocking the costumes isnt that hard, just play arcade on the hardest difficulty with her and you'll get tons of pattern parts at the end. I unlocked them all in about 4 runs of arcade and doing her quest mode missions

I realize now that playing on the hardest difficulty isnt considered easy for the average player...sorry about that

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
unlocking the costumes isnt that hard, just play arcade on the hardest difficulty with her and you'll get tons of pattern parts at the end. I unlocked them all in about 4 runs of arcade and doing her quest mode missions

I realize now that playing on the hardest difficulty isnt considered easy for the average player...sorry about that
It's not unlocking the costume parts that's time consuming, it's getting the coins. Also, no need for the condescending tone.

Top Bottom