• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 6 | OT | Mastering Jiggle Combos

xion4360

It's not unlocking the costume parts that's time consuming, it's getting the coins. Also, no need for the condescending tone.

oh the coins? I had no idea that's what you meant, figured anyone who plays this game has tons of coins going to waste.

..and I wasnt trying to be condescending at all

Celcius

°Temp. member
oh the coins? I had no idea that's what you meant, figured anyone who plays this game has tons of coins going to waste.

..and I wasnt trying to be condescending at all
Apologies if I misunderstood your post.
I had forgotten about doa quest mode (hadn't played in a while) and that made a big difference.

I’ll say it once and I’ll say it again. It would be great if they added non ranked player matches. I think that could entice more people to experiment online and try out other characters.

Or least give each character a separate rank for ranked mode. I want to try out some new fighters, but at my current rank, I fight nothing but professionals and highly skilled players which can make learning a new character extremely difficult.

Last edited:

Ascend

I’ll say it once and I’ll say it again. It would be great if they added non ranked player matches. I think that could entice more people to experiment online and try out other characters.

Or least give each character a separate rank for ranked mode. I want to try out some new fighters, but at my current rank, I fight nothing but professionals and highly skilled players which can make learning a new character extremely difficult.
The game has that option... Online -> Lobby Match

The game has that option... Online -> Lobby Match

Lobbies are usually not so busy, if not dead though and honestly, I hate waiting in lobbies in most fighting games. Lobbies can be good if you want to play with friends, but sometimes I just want to jump into a casual match without having to wait for several people to play in a room. Yeah, I know it sounds crazy.

Last edited:

Ascend

Lobbies are usually not so busy, if not dead though and honestly, I hate waiting in lobbies in most fighting games. Lobbies can be good if you want to play with friends, but sometimes I just want to jump into a casual match without having to wait for several people to play in a room. Yeah, I know it sounds crazy.
I understand. Not saying you're wrong or anything, but there are a few things to mitigate these points.

Generally it's indeed not easy finding a good lobby, because frankly, the game is simply not that popular. But during the right hours, you'd be surprised how many players join if you create your own. Creating your own lobby has the advantage of being able to set your own rules.

Each lobby can have different matches going on at the same time, and you can also set the max amount of players waiting for a match, drastically reducing your wait time. Even if you're in another match group, unless everyone is waiting to really beat that one dude, most of the time, someone is willing to join another parallel match if they too feel they are waiting for too long.

The lobby can be set to a certain amount of consecutive wins before the winning player is switched out. In order to mitigate wait time, it's reasonable to set this to 3 matches, where then the winning player is sent to the bottom of the list again.

Waiting is not always THAT bad. You can watch others play and learn from their play style, or even prepare for their play style by forming a strategy beforehand. You can learn a lot about characters you never play (or even your own) by simply watching others play.

The matchmaking of ranked is honestly not that great. It's not rare to be matched up with players that have red connection bars and the like, having a lag-fest.

I understand. Not saying you're wrong or anything, but there are a few things to mitigate these points.

Generally it's indeed not easy finding a good lobby, because frankly, the game is simply not that popular. But during the right hours, you'd be surprised how many players join if you create your own. Creating your own lobby has the advantage of being able to set your own rules.

Each lobby can have different matches going on at the same time, and you can also set the max amount of players waiting for a match, drastically reducing your wait time. Even if you're in another match group, unless everyone is waiting to really beat that one dude, most of the time, someone is willing to join another parallel match if they too feel they are waiting for too long.

The lobby can be set to a certain amount of consecutive wins before the winning player is switched out. In order to mitigate wait time, it's reasonable to set this to 3 matches, where then the winning player is sent to the bottom of the list again.

Waiting is not always THAT bad. You can watch others play and learn from their play style, or even prepare for their play style by forming a strategy beforehand. You can learn a lot about characters you never play (or even your own) by simply watching others play.

The matchmaking of ranked is honestly not that great. It's not rare to be matched up with players that have red connection bars and the like, having a lag-fest.

Interestingly enough, I did notice for when I create a lobby for some peculiar reason gamers usually start to come in decent numbers.

GrayFoxPL

It's not crazy. This is how quick player match works in Tekken. Non ranked matches without doing lobby.

Last edited:

Petopia

Banned

Right hours huh ok and i aint gonna play against a person who has wifi cause they re too lazy to hook up an ethernet cable into their console.

Seems like Team Ninja are giving away a free premium ticket until November 28th in the PSN Store. I think it’s PS Plus exclusive. Search for Premium ticket in the PSN store and then download the ticket and it should allow for a free DLC costume download of your choice.

Last edited:

Petopia

Banned
Seems like Team Ninja are giving away a free premium ticket until November 28th in the PSN Store. I think it’s PS Plus exclusive. Search for Premium ticket in the PSN store and then download the ticket and it should allow for a free DLC costume download of your choice.
Still not worth a dime though

Vlaphor

Was just rushing here to tell the world the good news. The best DOA waifu has returned! Rachel will soon be upon us. This automatically makes DOA6 better than any other game that doesn't have Rachel (except for the games with Mai Shiranui or Rise Kujikawa).

Javthusiast

Banned
Copy and paste not only from previous game but from character to character and expensive on top of that. Ffs team ninja.

Aggelos

Rachel was added, and the chara selection screen was re-organized for that matter.

EL6S4m7XUAIFImB

Top Bottom