• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 6 | OT | Mastering Jiggle Combos

Pantz

Gold Member
Probably just my imagination, don't see it anywhere in the patch notes, but it feels like they improved the graphics at least on the Xbox One X version. Did a spectator/photo mode and it just felt like it was looking better than before. I think I used to not use the zoom button for photos before because it didn't look good but now it seems like even at maximum zoom everything looks crisp. Even the skin textures seem to look less foamy/washed out to me. Maybe a stealth update? Maybe an Xbox Insider console update helped natively improve things? Maybe it's because I was alone on Valentine's Day?

I don't know.

Eiknarf

So is this one of those games where the girls outfits are no longer “sexy” or some shit? What’s the story? I haven’t played a DOA game in nine years!

Eiknarf

So is this one of those games where the girls outfits are no longer “sexy” or some shit? What’s the story? I haven’t played a DOA game in nine years!
Wait
Can you download or buy “sexy” outfits? Maybe then they’re not so prude ?

Pantz

Gold Member
F6duytT.jpg
IPxWSaU.gif

Vlaphor

What’s DOAX VENUS VACATION and how is it related to DOAX FORTUNE and SCARLET?

It's a PC gacha game. A spin off of the DOAX series, where you don't play the volleyball, but build up stats through swimsuits and accessories. It's one of the more expensive gachas out there, but being on PC only gives them a chance to be sexier than they might be otherwise.

Vlaphor

Dead or Alive 6...

...is dead

Lasted about a year, whereas DOA5 made it through two consoles, three revisions, and several years of content. Hopefully they do a better job with DOA7 (if one exists) and don't learn all the wrong lessons from this.

That being said, this could also mean they're getting ready for a revision of DOA6. There are additional costume slots to be fulfilled, and I think they said they wanted to do more VV characters than just Tamaki.

Last edited:
Dead or Alive 6...

...is dead

I thought this was possibly an April fools joke, but I know companies rarely play tricks like this especially with the public. This could mean no more DLC or even updates in general which would indicate that the game is no longer being supported. Sure, they made some despicable mistakes, but I hate to see yet another great 3d fighter bite the dust or lose support.

Pantz

Gold Member
DOA is... Alive?

"turn the page on this chapter", "we look forward to returning to fight another day."

Sounds a little more hopeful this time. DOA6U/LR on next-gen consoles would be pretty cool with added features like tag and other stuff. Could be they're suspending work on DOA6 current to concentrate on that?

Aggelos

"turn the page on this chapter", "we look forward to returning to fight another day."

Sounds a little more hopeful this time. DOA6U/LR on next-gen consoles would be pretty cool with added features like tag and other stuff. Could be they're suspending work on DOA6 current to concentrate on that?

I can only hope that they're only putting on hold their DLCs' plan, because they're prepping to announce an updated version of DOA6 for PS5 and Xbox Series X...

It would be such a shame, if the DOA series, too, follows in the footsteps of Virtua Fighter, and ends up in Davy Jones's locker....

Ascend

DOA is... Alive?

Sounds like it. Hopefully... We get a revision on the new consoles and PC as well.
I still can't support their costume nonsense though.

Matt_Fox

I don't know if anyone has tried Dead Or Alive 6 yet on XSX but it's quite revelatory. In the options menu with the game switched to "graphics mode" you get super crisp 4K visuals at 60fps. The only dip I noticed was during the seaside stage but that aside it seems really solid and a great upgrade over previous console versions without even needing a patch. The core fighters version is free too, so the price is right!

KZJc6wl.jpg

MrMephistoX

I don't know if anyone has tried Dead Or Alive 6 yet on XSX but it's quite revelatory. In the options menu with the game switched to "graphics mode" you get super crisp 4K visuals at 60fps. The only dip I noticed was during the seaside stage but that aside it seems really solid and a great upgrade over previous console versions without even needing a patch. The core fighters version is free too, so the price is right!

KZJc6wl.jpg

Yeah the BC looks better than some native games. Try out Ninja Gaiden Black and 2. The Team Ninja Art style holds The fuck up. PS5 looks better on next gen so far but Xbox has got it beat by a long shot on BC.

I feel like this game could have been so much better. I honestly believe the combat is really good, but they really fucked this game over with terrible support

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
I feel like I've been sleeping on DoA 6... 5 was aight

This is like never on a decent enough sale on Steam though

Last edited:

Pantz

Gold Member
My main complaints are the stages and the story mode. DOA always had crazy cool stages and DOA6 stages are all small, flat, recycled and lame. Same for the story mode, this time around it seems so mundane of a story. Plus it was like on very easy 1 round fights.

It was pretty impressive that they got the fighting to feel right on a new engine though. Maybe with more experience they can improve the next game or edition.

Aggelos

“As of today, I have left Koei Tecmo Games,” Shimbori said in a tweet. “I worked on Dead or Alive for 16 years, and while there were times I was pleased, there were also times I was unable to live up to expectations. I would like to take this opportunity to express my utmost gratitude to the many people who have supported and taken care of me. Thank you very much.”
Shimbori’s credits on the Dead or Alive series are as follows:
  • Dead or Alive Ultimate (2004) – Planner
  • Dead or Alive 4 (2005) – Game Designer
  • Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (2006) – Game Designer
  • Dead or Alive Paradise (2010) – Director
  • Dead or Alive Dimensions (2011) – Director
  • Dead or Alive 5 (2012) – Director
  • Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (2013) – Director
  • Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (2015) – Director
  • Dead or Alive 6 (2019) – Producer and Director

Last edited:
Top Bottom