• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 6 Runs at 1080p on PS4 Pro, while Xbox One X goes up to 4K and includes HDR support

Shin

Banned
After a brief delay, Dead or Alive 6 is finally launching on March 1st. Ahead of the game’s release, we reached out to Koei Tecmo in order to confirm the technical specs for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One X consoles. Here’s the statement we got from the developers at Team Ninja:
PlayStation 4 Pro enables 1080p resolution maintaining the processing speed, and the quality of stages and effects will be higher than on the base PS4.
On the other hand, Xbox One X will reach a maximum resolution of 4K which is different from the base Xbox One.

It’s impossible to maintain 60fps at all times with 4K resolution, but you’ll enjoy beautiful graphics. There are some options to prioritize graphics or action so you can choose which one you prefer.
The game is not compatible with HDR on PC. That being said, Xbox One X is the only platform that allows you to enjoy HDR with this game.

WCCFdeadoralive63.jpg

Full story: Wccftech

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
It's nice when devs take advantage of hardware power.

Seems like it's 60 FPS on all versions, which is the bigger win.

Ridaxan

This is really disappointing, but not to the point that I'd invest in an X though.

I would have been happy with 1440p.

Dante83

Banned
If it's 1080p on ps4 pro, I wonder if the base ps4 is like 900p...
Also, they admitted that it's not a full 60 fps on XBX. A fighting game like this should be 60 fps. I would check out the 4K, but I would prefer the "action" over graphics mode.

Last edited:

A.Romero

No HDR on PC no buy from me until it has been heavily discounted. There is no reason to hold a feature like that.

ethomaz

Banned
Xbox supports VRR these days, no?
I haven't came across any comparison how that all turned out compared to locked or unlocked without VRR.
Only games with VRR support.... like Divison?

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
女天狗 doesn't look as repulsive in that image in the OP, at least.
I'd say it's the lightning for the most part, before posting the thread I was watching this:

Her facial structure is the same, in 5LR her chin was a bit more pointy, but overall I think people are overreacting and it's not world ending as they make it sound.
In other videos it does seem like a big difference between 6 and 5, but that's why I'm saying that light effects are playing somewhat of a trick to make it seem worse.

Last edited:

TacosNSalsa

Am now shocked off 1080p and no hdr from the PlayStation Pro that’s crazy
Okay..I'm putting on my tin foil hat here so please bear with me...the PS4 is going to be the competitive's scenes choice almost assuredly and having an option to have the game run at a fluctuating frame rate just adds another headache to the already long lists of headaches that a TO has.

Not 60fps at 4k on the XB1X...so what's the point? Who wants to play a fighting game sub-60fps?
You can lower the resolution for increased performance. Sounds like this game is a bit of a mess on the technical side. Some very odd decisions.

But wait. Didn’t SonyGAF tell me, that PS4 pro runs games better than Xbox one x?
Is Eurogamer SonyGAF? People are just posting what they report..

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
VRR is a system level feature. All the game needs to have is an unlocked framerate.
You can read here: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-freesync-support-tested-on-xbox-one-x

They tested a number of titles and only two have the expected result plus you need a PC Monitor with FreeSync suport.

Division 2 is another game that devs said will work with VRR.

I'm not sure what is happening but only having unlocked framerate did not make it work at all.

Last edited:

Thiagosc777

You can read here: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-freesync-support-tested-on-xbox-one-x

They tested a number of titles and only two have the expected result plus you need a PC Monitor with FreeSync suport.

Division 2 is another game that devs said will work with VRR.

I'm not sure what is happening with game but only have unlocked framerate did not make it work at all.

None of that contradicts the fact that VRR is a system level feature. Do you even read the links you post?

Atworkuk

Neo Member

Isa

I'm interested to try it on my X, the game looks alright at times but all the jaggies on my Pro kind of looked off at times. I have absolutely no intention to play online at all, just offline, and when given the option prioritize resolution or gfx over framerate but that's just me. As my waifu and I's favorite fighting series, we just want a clean and fun casual good time. Also really interested on trying out the d-pad on my Elite controller, I've fallen in love with that thing.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Damn PS4 Pro just gets 1080p and they bother with 4k on X1X when it's impossible to maintain the framerate..... In a fighting game?!
What Tecmo thinking.
Poor effort on Pro and fucked on X lol why would they do this.
PS. I hope you X1X owners can disable 4K Res, is that possible?

Last edited:

Isa

LoL @ppl not reading that you can choose to prioritize framerate on the X. I'd wager it drops to 1080p. I'd like to see DF give at least a quick comparison video.

Journey

Banned
You can lower the resolution for increased performance. Sounds like this game is a bit of a mess on the technical side. Some very odd decisions.

Is Eurogamer SonyGAF? People are just posting what they report..

Did you read the replies? Eurogamer may have noticed a trend with Japanese developers not putting effort on an American made console (Big surpirse) but they did not speculate about FP16 conspiracies lol.

TGO

LoL @ppl not reading that you can choose to prioritize framerate on the X. I'd wager it drops to 1080p. I'd like to see DF give at least a quick comparison video.
That's good then, I'm more shocked people are celebrating a 4k mode with an unstable framerate in DOA of all games.
But if you balance it out with a good Res boost and stable 60fps.
That'll be good.

Shin

Banned
Eurogamer may have noticed a trend with Japanese developers not putting effort on an American made console
It happens on PC as well and not just console and to remain on-topic TK is definitely guilty of such sins as they literally are all over the place and/or don't put effort into PC ports either.

xion4360

A little early to be sure the game doesnt maintain 60fps during gameplay on X in 4k mode.. Shimbori knows how important it is to maintain that framerate for gameplay and makes it a priority, Perhaps what they mean is it wont be 60 at all times, like how the beta on ps4 cut to 30 fps during pose scenes and the break blows, but was still 60 during the match.

Even if it was the case that it didnt, well they still have a prioritize framerate mode that would still look as good as pro if not better.

Wait do who even plays DOA in 2019? The 90's early 2000's pervert weeaboo scene is dead. Or at least doesn't make as much money in games. Maybe if DOA was an anime.

demigod

But wait. Didn’t SonyGAF tell me, that PS4 pro runs games better than Xbox one x?

Xbox fanboys were making excuse that Japanese developers were optimizing only for the PS4/Pro, what's the excuse now?

Wait do who even plays DOA in 2019? The 90's early 2000's pervert weeaboo scene is dead. Or at least doesn't make as much money in games. Maybe if DOA was an anime.

Dead or Alive is a mediocre fighting game. I buy it for the titties, but since that's getting a nerf, PASS.

Last edited:

Journey

Banned
Xbox fanboys were making excuse that Japanese developers were optimizing only for the PS4/Pro, what's the excuse now?

Dead or Alive is a mediocre fighting game. I buy it for the titties, but since that's getting a nerf, PASS.

Playing Devil's advocate, but you do know that Tecmo and MS go way back?

That's such an awkward statement. Hopefully the line about it not being possible "to maintain 60fps at all times with 4K resolution" is meant as indication all matches, otherwise, run at 60fps in sub-4K. There's been some concern about frame rate, since a French preview article from two weeks ago mentioned both the PS4 Pro and XBOX having a toggle for better graphics or performance, without offering any further clarity on the issue,

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
A little early to be sure the game doesnt maintain 60fps during gameplay on X in 4k mode.. Shimbori knows how important it is to maintain that framerate for gameplay and makes it a priority, Perhaps what they mean is it wont be 60 at all times, like how the beta on ps4 cut to 30 fps during pose scenes and the break blows, but was still 60 during the match.

Even if it was the case that it didnt, well they still have a prioritize framerate mode that would still look as good as pro if not better.
Early... yes but the word “impossible” left no room for that happen.

In the other thread I said I guess these games are trying to push 4k no matter what.. so why not lock the resolution at 1440p for example... it is wat higher than Pro 1080p and that way they could get constant 60fps.

Why push 4k in every single game in machine not ideal for 4k? Marketing?

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Why bother with 4k if it's not 60fps on a fighter? Is this some MS mandated checkbox?

TGO

Playing Devil's advocate, but you do know that Tecmo and MS go way back?
Itagaki was a full blown MS fanboy, He even went full MS defense & attack mode if anyone asked about ports to other systems in interviews.
They got rid of him for that reason.

Top Bottom