• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 6 Runs at 1080p on PS4 Pro, while Xbox One X goes up to 4K and includes HDR support

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Where is everyone getting that performance mode is 1080p/60fps and not dynamic resolution 60fps?

Have to admit..it’s nowhere near as bad as it was but there are still some pretty hardcore fans who would probably have a ps4 tattoo on a body part ...cough cough the last word cough cough

Ok thanks, im new here coming from a tech forum where 90% is Sony and everything else isnt that liked there. It gets annoying after a while :) Hope Neogaf is a forum with a more balanced platform bias.

Ok thanks, im new here coming from a tech forum where 90% is Sony and everything else isnt that liked there. It gets annoying after a while :) Hope Neogaf is a forum with a more balanced platform bias.

There are always going to be more Sony fans simply due to the userbase split but most people here just love the games...not the actual consoles..the politics or the console warriors

thelastword

Banned
Honestly, considering the lack of fighting sticks for Xbox One that work without $100 adapters, I'd just buy DOA5 on PS4 or PC. Xbox DPads have never really been good for fighting or rhythm games, so the only alternative are fightsticks or sucking up with the analog stick and losing input precision.
Yes and besides, DOA is not that much of a great seller either...So I guess if you want to find people to play with, for more than a minute, you'll probably have to buy this on a PS4........The sales ratio on said games are aready heavily in PS4's favor...
Fixed. The 1X version is superior in every way. Time for some to pack it up.
There's nothing wrong if XBONEX is superior, but wait till the analysis comes or the game launches.....Ybarra said XBONEX would be the best place to play Anthem and that's not exactly true right now is it?........Things can change obviously, but you will realize nothing is guaranteed till these games are tested.....

Lone Wolf

Yes and besides, DOA is not that much of a great seller either...So I guess if you want to find people to play with, for more than a minute, you'll probably have to buy this on a PS4........The sales ratio on said games are aready heavily in PS4's favor...
There's nothing wrong if XBONEX is superior, but wait till the analysis comes or the game launches.....Ybarra said XBONEX would be the best place to play Anthem and that's not exactly true right now is it?........Things can change obviously, but you will realize nothing is guaranteed till these games are tested.....
Anthem is still 3 weeks out. Let’s not go by a demo that played like crap on every platform.

demigod

Honestly i think this was mistranslated somehow by wccftech. Really no reason why its 1080p on pro and no HDR on both ps4. Hell I didn’t even know wccftech contacts devs, i thought they just post news and rumors.

sn0man

Im no developer but i dont see how they could balance a fighting game around a fluctuating frame rate . When i press a button, that move has to come out the same exact way every time, if it doesn't and frames/ animations/ frametimes start moving around you now have a random element (other than the player) in the game and all the technical gameplay that fighters are known for goes out the window.

As for the tournament selection , the XIX will have a 1080p/60 mode ..but if I was a tournament organizer I wouldn't want the annoyance of having an variable frame rate mode because ..well frankly people suck . I remember during the SFIV years people begging Spooky to turn on character themes because all we heard for hours on end was the freaking training stage theme and he said people mess with the options all the time . He'll change it to character themes and they change it back . It go to the point where he just gave up . I can almost guarantee someone at some time is going go in there and f*ck with it ..

As for the VRR if they decoupled the game logic refresh rate from its rendering refresh rate the could do something maybe. I’m just basising this on the assumption that a fighting game developer prefers a consistent input over everything else and I’m inventing a solution since we don’t have it yet to know.

That sucks about SFIV. I was just saying a potential solution they could do is to have a game mode in the main menu where you can count on all the Pro settings being correct. Hell they might have to bring that to the online as well, as in to keep balance the performance mode is always on no matter option selection for Online VS or Online Ranked or something?

I still prefer the vibrancy and color of these old games......DOA1, 2, DOA3 and 4.......DOA4 had great IQ on XB360 btw...

X360 DOA4 really does hold up well. I’ve kept my launch window copy of that and boot it up to show people an amazing 360 game. I remember reading a development diary where they said they tried to keep every loading screen to 4 seconds or less.

You get some ridiculous opinions that are Pro Sony and Pro MS often but there is no consensus. There are an enjoyable amount of those that even have both or have one system and can respect the other. Me personally I loved my 360 and only got a PS3 used last gen. I wanted to like the Xb1 but the launch DRM policies and specs had me sit out the generation until PS4 Pro.

thelastword

Banned
Honestly i think this was mistranslated somehow by wccftech. Really no reason why its 1080p on pro and no HDR on both ps4. Hell I didn’t even know wccftech contacts devs, i thought they just post news and rumors.
It's what I've been thinking too, since that thread was made, but now I've read the full story at Wccftech, that makes the most sense....It just seems to be some bad translation......It doesn't specifiy that PRO won't have a higher resolution, and it seems he was talking PS4 vs PRO and XBONES vs XBONEX, these were the comparisons made.....So it read to me like PRO will be better than base PS4 and XBONEX better than XBONES......Yet, I don't think a direct comparison made between XBONEX and PRO......He mentions PC and mentions that HDR will only be available on XBONEX, but even that you cant be too sure of, if it's a translation....

Pretty obvious you don't have a high-end OLED 4K TV where HRD is GOD. Actually, HDR changes the image much more than better resolution, not even close.

That's why the lack of HDR support for the PS4 version is both puzzling and disappointing.

Agreed. Not many people have seen HDR on an OLED tv. It’s truly a sight to behold when implemented properly. I’ll probably end up getting DOA6 on both consoles, but no HDR or even 2k on PS4 is very disappointing and perplexing.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
Anthem is still 3 weeks out. Let’s not go by a demo that played like crap on every platform.
Well fair enough, but at least we had the demo to test Anthem and multiple analyses......DOA6, we can't exactly test yet, well there was the beta, but no analysis was done on that......However, DOA6 launches 1 week after Anthem and all we have are translated words on DOA, whilst we have stats on Anthem........Still, prior to Anthem's demo, Ybarra said that XBOX would have the best version, so I'm not sure which PS4 version he played.....I'm thinking for XBOX he probably played Patrick Soderlund's XBONEX from E3 or maybe a devkit.........

In essence, words mean little till any game is tested, so we will wait for final tests on DOA6 and Anthem on their respective launch dates........

Foxbat

Banned
In essence, words mean little till any game is tested, so we will wait for final tests on DOA6 and Anthem on their respective launch dates........

That's not what you've done though. You're attempting to mitigate the differences here, and play them up in the Anthem thread.

A game looks to performs better across the board on one game demo on the Xbx?

You - "Let's wait until the final game build comes out."

A game that looks better on the Xbx, but drops a couple of frames compared to Pro on a demo?

You - "Yet another game that performs better on the Pro. The Xbx is overhyped!"

Journey

Banned
At this point, you guys know that the disparity between PRO and XBONEX is not 1080p to 4K, but yet you go on.........

So you mean to tell me, you rather play a fighter in Dynamic Rez up to 4K, with a variable framerate, when they say PRO is locked at 60fps? Yet they never said PRO does not have a high rez mode now did they, but even if it didn't, for a fighter framerate is king....

It's one or the other not both LMAO. Not surprised coming from you. And yes, we do know the disparity, Red Dead 2 is a good example.

Last edited:

Stuart360

4k is great to show off the game, but you need a locked 60fps in a fighting game.
I also doubt the Pro is only 1080p, if it is then whats the base PS4?, 720p, 600p for the XB1?

dirthead

Banned
Pretty obvious you don't have a high-end OLED 4K TV where HRD is GOD. Actually, HDR changes the image much more than better resolution, not even close.

That's why the lack of HDR support for the PS4 version is both puzzling and disappointing.

I don't know whether it's considered high end anymore, but I have an LG OLED B6, and nah. Resolution and refresh rate are way more important.

Dibils2k

I don't know whether it's considered high end anymore, but I have an LG OLED B6, and nah. Resolution and refresh rate are way more important.
this

1080p game in HDR will still not look sharp compared to a 4k game in HDR...

for movies HDR makes bigger difference(but thats also because you cant get HDR movies thats not 4K), for games though not so much, especially with the variety in the implementation of HDR which can make it even worse than SDR

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Higher res for big displays may be nice to look at, but usually smaller monitors with with less lag are usually the way to go for these types of games.

Top Bottom