• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 Review Thread

Kosma

Banned
Another solid 80 from everyeye.it

JrHS0xE.jpg

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
actually better than I expected.. definitely seems to fall under "very flawed but fun", which I guess describes the series to begin with heh.

This is what I expected tbh. DR1 was literally a system seller for me, I bought a 360 to play it, but by the end of the sequel I knew the concept had run it's course.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
So confused at embargo timing

It's 23:12 and I'm in the lab reading reviews when I should be still working. Horrible timing for me as my deadline is wednesday...why put the embargo on 19th (basically 18th yeah)

yeah

they had gifs in the football thread and everything

something about a barrel and an invisible wall

they even told me id be better off buying dead island

AT FULL PRICE

tbf it did look technically atrocious in the DF thing, seems to have been ironed out with the patch though. And whoever recommended Dead Island at full price should be banned :p

GavinGT

Banned
Edge says the frame rate is solid with a patch? Did GS review a different version or are Edge crazy?

Yeah, Kotaku complains about the framerate too. I'm wondering if some reviewed it pre-patch? Or maybe technical issues meant some reviewers couldn't actually connect to download it in time.

Hasney

Destructoid

9/10

Although it sacrifices a tad of its loveable camp factor and neon style in favor of a few other advancements, the outcome is a much stronger, more involved Dead Rising game. For once, I actually felt overwhelmed in a zombie outbreak, which is a real example of how next-gen technology can be used to do more than simply "make things look better." Out of all the launch titles I've played on both new consoles, Dead Rising 3 is my personal favorite, bar none.

They've been higher than average on the 3 XB1 games they've reviewed so far.

iceatcs

Said the weakest in the series, but we're getting a bigger world with more missions, more objects to interact, etc. I have a hard time to understand what they want.

Raven77

This is just so...disappointing. I was really hoping at least ONE Launch exclusive for a next gen system would get lots of 9+ review scores. Still getting the game, but we all know that RYSE has no hope of being a highly rated title. I guess we still have Forza, that will likely get pretty good numbers, I believe.

Top Bottom