• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 Review Thread

Curufinwe

Man, the game looks really ugly.

Definitely looks like an up-ported 360 title.

The Globe and Mail (Toronto) disagree.

If it’s a true “next-generation” game you’re after, look no further than Dead Rising 3. Capcom Vancouver’s gory, over-the-top zombie thriller is a technological masterpiece that amply showcases the power of Microsoft’s new Xbox One console.

10/10

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/technology/gaming/review-dead-rising-3-is-the-xbox-one-launch-game-you-want/article15484310/

lol-gif-36.gif

wtf

Even with the fixed framerate, it is not a pretty game

Seems pretty good so far, wonder how old DF's code was

I didn't expect reviews like this. Awesome. Destructoid's comments on the framerate make me feel better about this purchase. HYPE RISING!!!

But it looks like Xbone is going to have plenty of WANT to play games.

I don't know. I think it's more about needing something to play. I have an xbox one that's supposed to be arriving on Friday, and I'm having a hard time figuring out which game is worth paying full price for. They don't look bad, but if they weren't launching with a new console I wouldn't look twice at them. Same can be said for the PS4 launch titles.

iammeiam

This I exactly what I was expecting it to get, with most of the criticisms coming in areas if expected the game to get dinged for. As a preview of the graphical shininess next gen promises it's a letdown, but sounds like it's still fun with some of the typical DR weirdness.

Pain

Banned
If it’s a true “next-generation” game you’re after, look no further than Dead Rising 3. Capcom Vancouver’s gory, over-the-top zombie thriller is a technological masterpiece that amply showcases the power of Microsoft’s new Xbox One console.
WTF?
If there was ever a case of opinions being wrong, this is it.

Does sound good so far, wasn't sure I liked what I heard early on. I pay attention to this title more than some other new offerings as I was on a real Dead Rising 2 kick earlier this year, especially enjoyed the "reimagining" that was OTR and the Frank/Rebecca duo. Apparently you can collect Frank statues in this...lol.

Im assuming they resolved the framerate issues for these relatively high scores? I thought the game ground along at around 20fps?
Nope. It's just that if a game struggles to meet 30 fps it isn't worth mentioning in your review at all. If however your game occasionally dips it is very much with mentioning and reducing the score.

Marleyman

Banned
I observed people playing it at an Xbox event, and then Digital Foundry's analysis of the game's crippling technical issues, and then hearing people talk about it on podcasts.

I was seriously expecting 6's, and maybe some 7's.

Figured that. Personally, I don't judge a game until I have played it. That is usually the best way to go.

besada

Banned
Pretty good scores, and great to hear that there's a 30fps patch. I am looking forward to splitting some zombie skulls come Friday.

.Anema

LOL Destructoid.
9/10 for DR3 and 6.5/10 to A Link Between Worlds. What the fuck. Seriously, you can't put a 9 to a game, specially after the Digital Foundry analysis. C'mon!!

Justin

LOL Destructoid.
9/10 for DR3 and 6.5/10 to A Link Between Worlds. What the fuck. Seriously, you can't put a 9 to a game, specially after the Digital Foundry analysis. C'mon!!

Dark Souls has an entire area of the game that runs at like 10fps and is many people's game of the generation...

Also it is stated that a day one patch fixes the fps.

What I don't understand is some of the inconsistency in these reviews. Now most of them do outline the bugs, frame rate and pop in issues but then you have game informer with "The framerate never hiccuped once, even when steamrolling through dense crowds of zombies" and Polygon "an impressive technical achievement for the brand-new Xbox One" I'm sorry but WTF?

Marleyman

Banned
LOL Destructoid.

These posts are why I keep coming back. I mean, why even buy a game if Digital Foundry didn't ok it?

Bundy

Banned
LOL Destructoid.
lol hilarious!
But who cares?! Destructoid was always just a joke site, imo.

Top Bottom