• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 3 Review Thread

Azlan

IGN - 8.3

Dead Rising 3 doesn’t get by on its looks, but its meaty zombie-slaying combat and nearly endless supply of undead and ridiculous weapons go a long way. Through its lengthy campaign, I was always eager to see what crazy zombie-squishing contraption would come along next. It rarely disappointed, except when navigating its snarled map and waiting out its load times took me out of the fight took too long.

MLCodest

LOL Destructoid.
9/10 for DR3 and 6.5/10 to A Link Between Worlds. What the fuck. Seriously, you can't put a 9 to a game, specially after the Digital Foundry analysis. C'mon!!

That's not how reviews work. Different genres, different platforms.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Very encouraging reviews for XB1 games so far. They aren't lighting the gaming world on fire but I wasn't expecting that. the 22nd should be a fun filled day. Especially with the other cool games on 3DS coming out that day.

Cru

It's like people have been saving their responses for this day and where determined to post it no matter what. Just silly.

LOL Destructoid.
9/10 for DR3 and 6.5/10 to A Link Between Worlds. What the fuck. Seriously, you can't put a 9 to a game, specially after the Digital Foundry analysis. C'mon!!

Wtf is this? Two very different games, people comparing games all over the place its ridiculous. Edge have said theres a day one patch that smooths out the frame rate.

Some people so butthurt.

Interfectum

LOL Destructoid.

Different reviewers and some people actually play games for fun, not for tech analysis... imagine that!

ironcreed

Banned
Oh wow 7.5 from polygon, I knew they were MS shills /s

Not a fan of Polygon, but that score is right around what it is getting nearly everywhere else and even lower in some cases. Just maybe underneath all of the dreaded Xbone doom and gloom it actually has some pretty good games at launch. Just sayin'.

LOL Destructoid.

Yeah, fuck any review that gave Dark Souls anything over a 6 because it ran like utter dog shit when it was released! Stop being ridiculous, poor technical performance hampers peoples enjoyment of games differently and different people enjoy different things in games.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Not a fan of Polygon, but that score is right around what it is getting nearly everywhere else and even lower in some cases. Just maybe underneath all of the dreaded Xbone doom and gloom it actually has some pretty good games at launch. Just sayin'.

The Polygon score is below the metacritic score.

Pug

It's reviewing better than I thought it would and after reading EDGE review it's now on my pre-order list.

danwarb

Rev3 review sounded more like a 2/5 lol. Disconcerting that Kinect registers coughs as voice commands, to the extent she turned it off. Still, if your after mindless fun, it looks like it could be the ticket.

It's noises in general for DR3. Zombies hear you if you make a noise, so not surprising.

Would the command "Xbox stop listening" work in games too? Makes it wait for the "Xbox".

Diablos

I doubt it's as good as DR1 or OTR, Eurogamer seems to not only suspect that but confirm it based on their review...

.Anema

Yeah, fuck any review that gave Dark Souls anything over a 6 because it ran like utter dog shit when it was released! Stop being ridiculous, poor technical performance hampers peoples enjoyment of games differently and different people enjoy different things in games.

DR3 is "next gen" the promise for a new and brilliant experience, not a poor 720p/20fps "thing"
You can't compare it with Dark Souls, you just can't.

From the Joystiq review "I had multiple game crashes and even discovered a repeatable glitch on the final boss battle in Overtime mode, where skipping the pre-fight cutscene would cause both Nick and the boss to fall through the game world"

I hate this, yes games have bugs and issues but crashing, ugh.

Darksol

wtf

Even with the fixed framerate, it is not a pretty game

Seems pretty good so far, wonder how old DF's code was

"The Globe and Mail (Toronto)

If it’s a true “next-generation” game you’re after, look no further than Dead Rising 3. Capcom Vancouver’s gory, over-the-top zombie thriller is a technological masterpiece that amply showcases the power of Microsoft’s new Xbox One console."

o.0

Kerub

Banned
Yeah, because a 7.5 is so far and away above what everyone else is giving it. Seems to me you already had your mind made up.

What. It was sarcasm, hence "/s" and the reply literally telling you that it was making fun of a post like that.

Also considering I like KNACK and Killzone and some of them got rated lower than Dead Rising 3 I think I'll enjoy this game overall. Time will tell.

MCD

So the team delivered another solid DR game.

Maybe Capcom should let them handle RE seeing how they can't do it anyway.

nib95

Banned
78 dead rising 3
74 killzone ..

right now

To be fair, a couple (not all) of the lowest reviews for Killzone are pretty hilarious. Lolygons from someone who didn't want to review the game and hates the franchise (also a Microsoft funded site), along with the Globe and Mail (who gave DR3 a 10/10) who's main complaint was that the game was "needlessly hard". All in all these two games are reviewing fairly close. But if you're interested in either, ignore the reviews and play it for yourself. It's pretty evident user impressions are often wildly different from critic impressions.

Top Bottom