• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 4 is a 1-year timed exclusive for MS

This series has been very weird with its platforms, 1st one being on 360 apart from that chop till you drop one on wii, then two was multiplatform, three exclusive and this one timed.

Regardless be picking it up on day one.

Jawmuncher

Dead Rising is the biggest mess of a series. All the game are only available on Xbox platforms. At least more people can play some of them.

eFKac

Ehh honestly they should just keep this franchise exclusive to MS.

It's pretty disrespectful to to their PlayStation customers/fans.

"Ohh you like Dead Rising? We'll throw every second or so game after an exclusivity period your way!
Maybe.
Please enjoy!"

cakely

Wow. I guess they're just not interested in selling a significant number of copies of this on the Playstation 4.

When Rise of the Tomb Raider finally gets its PS4 release it will probably sell < 30k copies in the NPD. Dead Rising 4, less than that.

Chobel

Wait a sec, where did "coming to PS4 in December 2017" come from? It could just be Capcom releasing it on Steam one year later.

Kayant

Is it being (partly) funded by MS?
I feel like if it was it would be console exclusive thinking toward capcom funding.

Makes sense why the trailer had nothing so rather that say anything like they did with TR and have a possible mess of PR/negatively they don't say anything. I feel that's better as long as the info comes out shorter after like in this case.

Edit -
Although could just be a UWP thing.

ethomaz

Banned
Good move from MS.

But I don't think that will sell consoles because it is on PC too... only Xbone could be better for them.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Why doesn't MS just say "Play it first on Xbox One and Windows 10 this fall." Instead of being misleading all the time ?

-d0hv

ps3ud0

As directed:
Surprised this hasnt been linked here?

IS4Nar5.png
https://twitter.com/CapcomVancouver/status/743524640866213888

ps3ud0 8)

shandy706

"Ohh you like Dead Rising? We'll throw every second or so game after an exclusivity period your way!
Maybe.
Please enjoy!"

Imagine how the Xbox Shenmue fans feel.

Some serious disrespect after 1 and 2.

/joking

MUnited83

For you.
I'm an Xbox owner and this is fucking dumb.

Either be exclusive or let PlayStation players in day 1.

Really hate these timed deals.
To be fair, its not always a black or white situation. MS might be funding most of the game but Capcom negotiated well enough to secure the possibility of them releasing in other places later.

Probably Capcom doesn't have the money to market and publish the game themselves and MS is doing that, in exchange they have a year of exclusivity. Then is up to Capcom to decide where else they can publish. Sounds fair to me.

I remember mentioning how interesting it was that MS were back to buying third party exclusives after Spencer said they were stopping that in order to focus on first party titles only to be greeted with multiple posts from some of the MS faithful on how they were paying for this game to be made so it was apparently okay. Guess not... looks like I was right the first time.

LOL Just make it a full exclusive.

With the current state of affairs for Xbox One it's probably at a stage where MS can't secure full third party exclusives any longer even if they wanted to.

Okay...
At least they manage to tell us about it, unlike Rise which literally took until Gamescom to reveal that is was Xbox/PC exclusive -_-

Chris1

I remember mentioning how interesting it was that MS were back to buying third party exclusives after Spencer said they were stopping that in order to focus on first party titles only to be greeted with multiple posts from some of the MS faithful on how they were paying for this game to be made so it was apparently okay. Guess not... looks like I was right the first time.

Didn't Spencer say he was done making deals like this? Another lie from ol' Phil.
He never said they were stopping or doing no third party deals

Yayyy. Words cannot describe how happy this made me. About time Capcom. About time. Looking forward to playing it on PS4 in about a years time :p A years no biggie, it will go by in a flash.

Oh I didn't expect it to come out on PS4 or steam at all, cool. I don't mind waiting a year, too many good games releasing later this year anyways I would have just waited for a sale on the PC version.

IvanJ

Banned
I thought it was a straight up exclusive. Not really a game that I'd be eagerly awaiting anyway, with DR3 never coming to PS4. Probably something that will be a decent PS+ offer in mid-2018, but nothing more than that.

No console exclusive announcement means this is likely coming to ps4.
Still lame but looking at whats coming between this holiday and the next, I doubt this would have been at the top of my shopping list anyway.

Armadilo

Banned
updated to state that it can maybe just mean steam or it could be for both but they care less about Steam so I would think if it was going to be on steam, they would add it earlier just like Tomb Raider

bidguy

Banned

Maybe.
Please enjoy!"

are you forced to buy it ?

Granjinha

I'm pretty sure MS is banking the game so i'm not getting the 'that's shitty comments'. Gotta find something to complain about, i guess.

And i also would bet that this exclusivity means W10 exclusivity and that it's coming to Steam later, just like DR3.

Top Bottom