• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 2 |OT| The Marker Is Not A Sharpie

Goldrusher

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
10147070.jpg
nzjk4.jpg
10161828.jpg
Fixed.
PS3 boxes have the same width as a DVD (PC & 360) case, not the same height.

baylon452

Neo Member
Rogerkiller said:
where can i get the PC CE in europe? i can´t find it....

I do believe it was a HMV exclusive, but since it is not showing up any more I can only assume they are all sold out/not available any more. I remember seeing the ps3 version on there while looking for the 360 version so they definitely had them at some point.

EDIT: According to THE EA SITE the 360/ps3 collectors edition was available at HMV, but no mention of a PC CE.

Draft

Good job, OP.

Am I crazy, or isn't an HD version of the Wii game coming to PSN? And don't CE copies come with a code for it?

Very very nice OP man! Beautiful and very informative.

PS3 CE here. Cannot fucking wait.

I plan on playing a lot of MP, as the beta was fun, add me anyone wanting to play MP as well!

-viper-

Banned
Draft said:
Good job, OP.

Am I crazy, or isn't an HD version of the Wii game coming to PSN? And don't CE copies come with a code for it?
Yes, PS3 copies come with Dead Space Extraction for free, and for a limited run only.

Hope it's as good as the first - one of the best new IPs of this generation. I'll wait cautiously on the sidelines to see how the sequel fares with GAF consumers. Thought the demo was only "okay".

ColR100

Managed to do a total media blackout on this from when it was announced.

Only seen about 4-5 screenshots of the game and a few mentions of 9's recently. Even downloaded the demo and then deleted it a few days later without playing it.

PC version this time instead of Xbox along with using the 360 controller.

One of the best new IP's this generation for sure. Thank you for delivering big-time EA.

Don't know if my heart can take another Dead Space. Couldn't put the first one down but it scared the shit out of me. This is coming from someone who never gets scared from any scene in any movie.

Nemesis_

CadetMahoney said:
wat, a collectors edition of a collectors edition?

It's standard EA practice now. The first print almost always includes a little bit of extra content and is labelled the "Limited Edition" then the standard games are thrown out in the second print.

Except this time only the PS3 version is getting the first print limited edition.

ColR100

CadetMahoney said:
Isn't mouse n keyboard better?
Nope. The mouse and keyboard controls were rather poor on the PC version of DS.

The game still controls better than many games that use this camera setup on PC, but it's rather silly playing any 3rd person perspective games with mouse and keyboard imo.

ColR100 said:
Nope. The mouse and keyboard controls were rather poor on the PC version of DS.

The game still controls better than many games that use this camera setup on PC, but it's rather silly playing any 3rd person perspective games with mouse and keyboard imo.
Do you recommend playing with the Xbox 360 controller on the PC? I have that option and didn't play the first on PC so I am unaware of how it played with keyboard and mouse layout.

My body is ready, but my mind never will be - after playing the first one!

This game HAS to be played in surround sound, and loud too. You will shit.

ColR100

ashbash159 said:
Do you recommend playing with the Xbox 360 controller on the PC? I have that option and didn't play the first on PC so I am unaware of how it played with keyboard and mouse layout.
I played the original first of all on the 360. Then double-dipped and picked up the PC version on one of the Steam sales a while back, first of all just sticking with the PC controls...and realising near an hrs playtime in that it just wasn't working for me. So I then plugged in a controller.

This isn't to say the mouse & keyboard controls are useless, far from it...as I expect many had no trouble at all, but for me a better experience was using a 360 controller.

MarkMclovin said:

My receiver just went down. I think I'm actually glad for that. Underwear will stay cleaner.

Curufinwe

Arcipello said:
yep PC version for me too, but ill be using the 360 controller..so i get the best of both worlds:)

I played Dead Space on the PC with a 360 pad, but switched to the mouse for the asteroids. :)

So are people getting on PC getting it from stores, from the online EA Store, or waiting for a Steam version?

I think I want to wait for the Steam version (in UK I'm guessing it'll be the normal £30 like Dragon Age 2), although I would like to hear other's opinions.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Yeah. This, Portal 2 and Gears 3 are my most anticipated games of the year. I've played through Dead Space twice. That's huge for me, since I'm usually a one and done for most modern games. It was that good. So hyped.

MarkMclovin said:

Dead Space actually managed to sound amazing on my shitty Samsung television speakers.

Irish

I can't wait to sit down and start playing this next week. I've been in a Dead Space mood ever since I finished the original for the first time a few weeks back.

Autofokus said:
Is this how the Cutter from the CE looks like?

Standard Edition for me.

No. It looks like this:

75755_443555166658_18523496658_5545525_3154709_n.jpg

It has LED lights and its dimensions are: 6-3/4 x 4-1/2 x 1-1/2 inches

Lyphen said:
Dead Space 2 |OT| Your mom hates this.

Come on, man. It's so obvious!

I was actually gonna put that as the subtitle! And then forgot at the last moment before I hit submit.

Grisby

Oh, by the way, all you first timers playing Extraction are in for a treat. Really fun game that had a pretty entertaining plot. Hope to see some of the characters from it in 2.

Grisby said:
Oh, by the way, all you first timers playing Extraction are in for a treat. Really fun game that had a pretty entertaining plot. Hope to see some of the characters from it in 2.

Still havent bought a playstation move to play it, going to have to order it tomorrow.

Frester

Pre-ordered with release day delivery from Amazon but kind of wishing I hadn't so I could go pick it up the second retail stores open. Funemployment FTW!

Nizz

Awesome official thread for what's sure to be an awesome game :D I saw the "your mom hates Dead Space 2" ad last night. The expressions on some of their faces were lol-worthy. Haha!

Foliorum Viridum said:
I'm a bit worried this will be Dead Space 1.5, for lack of a better term, but the reviews give me hope. The 9 from Edge, especially.

In what universe is Dead Space 1.5 a BAD thing? haha

Foliorum Viridum said:
I'm a bit worried this will be Dead Space 1.5, for lack of a better term, but the reviews give me hope. The 9 from Edge, especially.

One review described it as the leap from Uncharted to Uncharted 2. Does this ease your worries at all?

Top Bottom