• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 2 |OT| The Marker Is Not A Sharpie

StevePharma said:
In what universe is Dead Space 1.5 a BAD thing? haha
It's not a bad thing, but by the end of Dead Space I was kinda glad it was over. Great, great game, but I'd seen everything and done it over and over. If it had been longer it would've finished with a sour taste left in my mouth.

The demo felt just like the first game. Even the environments looked the same. I just think I'll need something different otherwise it won't hold my attention, or won't be such an awesome experience that the first game was.

I understand that demos very rarely represent the games they show well, however, so I'm reserving judgement until I play the full thing.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
One review described it as the leap from Uncharted to Uncharted 2. Does this ease your worries at all?
That is a promising comment, indeed.

Well, I can tell you this regarding the environments... since it's in a city instead of a ship, I've heard there will be a lot more variety in locations as well as in gameplay, plus they've worked very hard on the pacing of the game so you're (supposedly) never gonna get desensitized to the scares or feel that shit is getting repetitive.

Irish

Foliorum Viridum said:
Even the environments looked the same.

I... uh.. what? Each of the environments outside of the anti-gravity chamber was something unseen in the DS universe.

Yeah I'm hoping for some awesome landscapes in the city. I was really letdown when the demo was a series of corridors that looked like they were another deck of the ship from the first game.

A few of the videos from E3 showed some great locations. Hopefully it will be more of those than the corridor trudging.

the first part of the demo with the 3 identical rooms was terrible. at least, the rest of the demo was great. i cannot fucking wait for the retail game though. dead space 1 was amazing and the reviews are ds2 sound great.

i love how EA bought the #1 trending topic on twitter today and instead of making it #deadspace2 they made it #yourmomhatesthis. You look at the results and NOBODY is even mentioning dead space 2. marketing fucking fail.

Max

I am not Max
Computer and Video Games reports that the game's executive producer Steve Papoutsis states, "Out of the box, we're hopeful the PC version this time will respond a lot better and that people will be a lot more comfortable and happier with the controls. That is feedback we've heard and we're certainly trying to address it."
Still really glad they aren't skimping on enabling PC controllers

Using the right analog in the first game had the same sensitivity as the mouse at 60 fps, took awhile to get used to

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I hope the pc-version has tons of graphic-control, least of which AA should be working properly atleast

Ihya

Foliorum Viridum said:
It's not a bad thing, but by the end of Dead Space I was kinda glad it was over. Great, great game, but I'd seen everything and done it over and over. If it had been longer it would've finished with a sour taste left in my mouth.

The demo felt just like the first game. Even the environments looked the same. I just think I'll need something different otherwise it won't hold my attention, or won't be such an awesome experience that the first game was.

I understand that demos very rarely represent the games they show well, however, so I'm reserving judgement until I play the full thing.

That is a promising comment, indeed.

I feel pretty much the same way; by the end of the first game I was feeling fatigue from walking down the exact same corridors, killing the same enemies. At least RE 5 had variety, even though it was inferior in almost every other way. Whether this issue is resolved is the make or break factor in me picking it up day one.

I wonder when this is going up on steam, EA I want to give you pre-order money.

yeah, I know it is in the steam registry, just wish it was on the storefront

mjc

We've all been waiting too long for this, can't wait to get my copy.

One particular review (it slips my mind) mentioned that the backtracking is almost non-existant this time around. That alone makes me super hyped. As much as I enjoyed the first game, the fetch quests and backtracking were some of the few negatives in the overall experience.

mjc said:
We've all been waiting too long for this, can't wait to get my copy.

One particular review (it slips my mind) mentioned that the backtracking is almost non-existant this time around. That alone makes me super hyped. As much as I enjoyed the first game, the fetch quests and backtracking were some of the few negatives in the overall experience.
Honestly, I don't know how to feel about that. I'm all for greater variety, but I think that crisscrossing old paths helps reinforce the feeling of a persistent world.

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Honestly, I don't know how to feel about that. I'm all for greater variety, but I think that crisscrossing old paths helps reinforce the feeling of a persistent world.

Same here. I suppose as long as theres still some room for exploration outside of the main path I'll be ok with it.

todahawk

BeeDog said:
Definitely getting the PS3 version, but can't decide between the standard edition and the CE.

I pre-ordered the CE with release day shipping from Amazon a couple of weeks ago, can't wait!

*edit: and glad to know that in sifting back through the demo thread that I'm glad I'm not the only one who got RE4 vibes from the Church area and related enemies.

LostVector

Neo Member
Hi PC version .... please please PLEASE be 3D Vision ready. Massive 3D TV + space city horror exploration = most intense experience ever.

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Getting closer. Maybe:

Dead Space 2 |OT| Your ready body has been dismembered

or

Dead Space 2 |OT| Dismembering your ready body

?

Dead Space 2 |OT| Get ready to have your body dismembered.

I'm kind of fond of this one:

Dead Space 2 |OT| The Marker is not a Sharpie

Irish

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
I'm kind of fond of this one:

Dead Space 2 |OT| The Marker is not a Sharpie

Nice!

Here's a silly one that I sorta like:

Dead Space 2 |OT| BOOM! Headshot... Wait, what?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Didn't realize they were doing another animated movie. I will have to pick it up next week along with the game.

I thought the first one was good, not great. But definitely not the disaster some people thought it was.

dskillzhtown said:
Didn't realize they were doing another animated movie. I will have to pick it up next week along with the game.

I thought the first one was good, not great. But definitely not the disaster some people thought it was.

Dude, what? It was a total disaster. Animation doesn't get much cheaper than that.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Buggy Loop said:
Yea it does, TV is like 15 feet away though. Could always play with 360 pad too....
It's totally worth it to hook up your PC to your TV. I'm playing through Dead Space 1 PC at the moment on my TV with a 360 pad.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Fallout-NL said:
Dude, what? It was a total disaster. Animation doesn't get much cheaper than that.

Opinions....

I felt like it provided more depth to the story of the game. I felt like what people were calling terrible animation was more of a style. But whatever. I enjoyed it and that is all that matters to me.

Top Bottom