• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 2 |OT| The Marker Is Not A Sharpie

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just wrapped up first replay of Dead Space 1 since I bought the game on release, still fucking awesome and I'm crazy hyped for next week.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Does anyone know for sure if the extraction that comes with ps3 version is a download token or included on disc? I would think its a download token considering its only in first-run copies so they wouldnt have to make a separate disc compile.

codecow

~Kinggi~ said:
Does anyone know for sure if the extraction that comes with ps3 version is a download token or included on disc? I would think its a download token considering its only in first-run copies so they wouldnt have to make a separate disc compile.

Nope, it is on the disk.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Fuck, i really want to get this since i loved the first, but i have a bad habit of picking up games at launch and never playing them. My backlog is gigantic and i promised i would try and save money this year (fucking 900$ in car repairs im off to a great fucking start! :(

~Kinggi~ said:

Come on, man... it's in the first post, like not even a quarter of the way down.

Oreoleo

Been on a bit of a media blackout for this; I can't believe it's a week away.

It better show up on Steam sooner rather than later.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Anyone have any guess as to when that last unclickable link in the header row on the game's website (right between the "your mom hates this" and "get caught up" icons) will go live or what it will link to? Looks like the logo for the mining corporation that owns the Ishimura, but I might be wrong about that.

luxarific said:
Anyone have any guess as to when that last unclickable link in the header row on the game's website (right between the "your mom hates this" and "get caught up" icons) will go live or what it will link to? Looks like the logo for the mining corporation that owns the Ishimura, but I might be wrong about that.

It'll probably open when the game launches.

Also, interested in what RIGs Isaac will get? IGN has the info:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1145015p1.html

It lists five suits and shows them: Engineering Suit, Hacker Suit, Vintage Suit, Security Suit, and Advanced Suit. That said, I know of at least one other suit that isn't on that list (Hazardous Waste Suit or something...), so who knows if there's more. Oh, and the Unitology Suit that can be downloaded with the CE.

~Kinggi~ said:

Although already answered, it works like Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves and Medal of Honor Frontline- it will be in the extras disc icon on the XMB and you'll install it like you would normally. However even though it's on the HDD it can only be played if the disc of DS2 is in the drive.

----

Will there be a thread for the MP community? Looking for some serious contenders and teammates for the MP!

And just to let everyone know if they were worried on platinum'ing it there will be NO multiplayer trophies/achievements- . Yay!

Started playing Dead Space 1 today on PC now I've fixed the mouse issues. Playing on easy this time as I don't really care for the jump scare enemy design. Played a couple of hours in the dark hoping to finish before it hits Steam.

Rickard said:
So can you no longer upgrade the base suit?

Yes, you can. I'm pretty sure you can upgrade each individual suit, it's just that different suits have different looks and different bonuses. So let's say you grab the Hacker Suit. It's bonus is that you need less hacks to get through a hack box. You can upgrade its armour and stuff... maybe not to the extent of the Advanced Suit, but you can still upgrade it. But that's just my assumption. I think the point of the different suits is to allow you some leeway into whatever playing style you prefer, and then upgrade that style to suit your tastes.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Forgive if this has been axed already, but is Extraction expected to hit the PSN Store? If so, I'll just wait and get the PC version then buy the Extraction for an additional $10 (hopefully) and enjoy the best of both worlds.

JRW

Dead Space 1 was such an awesome gaming experiance, I forced myself to only play at night with the lights out and volume cranked (50" Plasma + 7.1 surround woo!) Cant wait to do the same with DS2.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
so is there somekind of exclusive review embargo up or something?

cantona222

I hope I have enough time to replay Dead Space 1, but that's not gonna happen. It was a great experience.
I'll definitely play DS2.

Watched bits and pieces of the first 15 minutes because I'm weak. And...holy shit.

The intro has one of the most horrific/disturbing/awesome things I've seen in a game in some time. You'll know it when you see it.

Snuggler said:
Forgive if this has been axed already, but is Extraction expected to hit the PSN Store? If so, I'll just wait and get the PC version then buy the Extraction for an additional $10 (hopefully) and enjoy the best of both worlds.

It's only bundled with the limited edition.

After its run, there will only be a demo of extraction on disk, apparantly.

So yes, it's going to show up on PSN at a later date or depending on sales variations between the various versions.
I find the collectors edition to be a complete rip-off though. The limited edition is pretty much all you need if you want Extraction.

Do note that Extraction is not included with the normal edition of Dead Space 2. For those who(m?) preordered and didn't get the memo, that is.
(which is in the OP, of course)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Zeitgeister said:
It's only bundled with the limited edition.

After its run, there will only be a demo of extraction on disk, apparantly.

So yes, it's going to show up on PSN at a later date or depending on sales variations between the various versions.
I find the collectors edition to be a complete rip-off though. The limited edition is pretty much all you need if you want Extraction.

Do note that Extraction is not included with the normal edition of Dead Space 2. For those who(m?) preordered and didn't get the memo, that is.
(which is in the OP, of course)
Wait, I'm not seeing anything suggesting that the "limited edition" includes Extraction. It only seems to include Dead Space Ignition. Only the collectors edition appears to actually feature Extraction.

Irish

Nope, all first run versions of the game (PS3) will include Extraction. Ignition is what you got for preordering the game.

dark10x said:
Wait, I'm not seeing anything suggesting that the "limited edition" includes Extraction. It only seems to include Dead Space Ignition. Only the collectors edition appears to actually feature Extraction.

In the OP:

Note: The first run of all Playstation 3 editions of the game will come with a full copy of Dead Space: Extraction (originally for the Wii) on the disc coupled with Trophies and Move and Dual Shock 3 Support. This will be referred to as the Limited Edition but it costs the same amount as any other regular edition of the game. Once the first run is exhausted, all subsequent runs of the game will contain only a demo of Extraction.

Ignition is included with the collectors edition, I believe.

edit: oh, right, and with a pre-order.

MoxManiac

dark10x said:

Ignition is a seperate pre order bonus. Extraction is on disc.

Irish said:
Nope, all first run versions of the game (PS3) will include Extraction. Ignition is what you got for preordering the game.

There is an ambiguity here in the sense that you can actually preorder BOTH the normal edition and the limited edition in stores. As the OP notes, the first run is noted specifically as 'Limited edition', so not every preorder is going to have Extraction.

It seems to me that if you preorder the normal version, you will not get Extraction.

And if you choose not to preorder, naturally.
I assume the limited edition will not be available post-launch. But if it is, then there only be a demo after the first batch.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Alright, so if I just order Dead Space 2 on Amazon, I should receive the Limited Edition? There is no specified difference on the site. There is only Dead Space 2 and the Collector's Edition. I'd rather just buy the standard (Limited).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
dark10x said:
Alright, so if I just order Dead Space 2 on Amazon, I should receive the Limited Edition? There is no specified difference on the site. There is only Dead Space 2 and the Collector's Edition. I'd rather just buy the standard (Limited).
Yep, the limited edition is the first run of the standard edition of the game.

I loved Dead Space. I absolutely cannot wait for the sequel to drop.
For those who have played it, is the multiplayer mode any good?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
_dementia said:
The beta was a lot of fun. I enjoyed it quite a bit more than I expected to.

I'm excited about Extraction as well, I just got a Move but every game I've played that uses it sucks and had terrible accuracy. If Extraction utilizes it well and is as good as everyone says, that will be a delight.

Jinaar

I bought Dead Space for $10 a year after release and I was disgusted with myself. EA, I promise to get Dead Space 2 the week of release. I owe you this.

Lince

Banned
dark10x said:

Amazon UK link for DS2 LE

51-a%2Bch2qAL.jpg

also they're not selling a regular edition, just the LE and CE for now.

Irish

_dementia said:

I was thought it was pretty darn fun and it was also really well balanced. Some people might argue otherwise, but when the better team always won no matter whether they were using humans or Necros, I'd find it hard to call out any major imbalances. Of course, I played the beta with a group of GAFfers that I've been playing with for a couple years now. They're a bunch of great players. I suppose playing without a great team to back you up could get quite frustrating.

_dementia said:

It was fun, if you enjoy Left 4 Dead- it's that but in third person.

MoxManiac

Zeitgeister said:
There is an ambiguity here in the sense that you can actually preorder BOTH the normal edition and the limited edition in stores. As the OP notes, the first run is noted specifically as 'Limited edition', so not every preorder is going to have Extraction.

It seems to me that if you preorder the normal version, you will not get Extraction.

I assume the limited edition will not be available post-launch. But if it is, then there only be a demo after the first batch.

What? All the copies of Dead Space 2 preorders are limited edition. Everything dropping on release day IS the first run.

Zeitgeister said:

What is with the confusion? It's just like Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, Medal of Honor and Battlefield Bad Company 2- ALL copies at launch will Extraction. Standard edition, limited edition, pre-ordered or didn't pre-order. BFBC2 and MoH had limited editions floating around for months, NFSHP is now standard editions on store shelves- not sure how EA will handle DS2. I'm sure not as many copies as their military shooters.

MoxManiac said:
What? All the copies of Dead Space 2 preorders are limited edition. Everything dropping on release day IS the first run.

THIS!

Look, every single copy of (PS3) Dead Space 2 that will be in stores for the next little while will have Extraction, the full game. Every single copy, whether it's CE or LE (the LE replaces the regular edition. There are not two editions of the game like that). If you buy DS2 on PS3 in the next few weeks, you'll get Extraction. After that when the first printing run has been sold off, all copies of DS2 will just have a demo of Extraction. No, if you're curious, Extraction isn't coming to 360 or PC (at least not yet).

Muffdraul

I think the confusion was caused by info about the PS3 "standard" edition being sent to retailers weeks ago and they started putting it out there where consumers could see it way too early. Apparently nobody made it clear to the retailers that it would not be available until some time after launch.

Top Bottom