• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 3 |OT| Can I Play With Madness?

Any reviews?

Not until launch day. Guys at Machinima said something about 9 am PST.

A few streams and videos cropped up from early copies, and everything looks fantastic. Ch. 1 may make heads roll in some instances, but the rest up until Ch. 7 look great. I personally expect about an 85-87 on metacritic from the critics, and about an 8.0 if the users behave. Since it's EA post-Mass Effect 3 and microtransactions, it will be more like a 6.0 if lucky.

Edit: OP delivers.

Replicant

Just purchased this Steelbook:

aupwHYL.jpg

G1 only though. Wished Visceral had come up with an official G2 Steelbook instead of that humongous developer pack.

JJD

Guys anyone knows how big the game is on the PS3?

Planning to buy it from the PSN store but I don't have a lot of space...

And why don't we have any pre order goodies like a lot of digital EA games? =(

Chapter 1 is story set up anyway so it's easily forgiven.

Chapter set-up spoilers below for the first two chapters, no major story events or major unknown details discussed.

To be clear, there is a Prologue before Chapter 1. Are you referring to the Prologue on Tau Volantis or the "proper" chapter 1 with Isaac shootbanging people? Because the prologue is looking pretty OK, but Chapter 1 looks not so good

Nope. Gotta do it with lights out or at least dimmed. Game is a lot better in the dark and with headphones on. =D

Headphones is a must. Not gonna lie, was looking over my shoulder during some parts during DS3. Got my preorder paid in full, I'm ready for Tuesday!

Chapter set-up spoilers below for the first two chapters, no major story events or major unknown details discussed.

To be clear, there is a Prologue before Chapter 1. Are you referring to the Prologue on Tau Volantis or the "proper" chapter 1 with Isaac shootbanging people? Because the prologue is looking pretty OK, but Chapter 1 looks not so good

Ch. 1.
The person said it looked terrible when talking about it (specifically mentioning a walkthrough of 1), so it'd be one of the few chapters containing Unis.

Ch. 1.
The person said it looked terrible when talking about it (specifically mentioning a walkthrough of 1), so it'd be one of the few chapters containing Unis.

Yeah I guess it is the "proper" chapter 1. I thought it looked terrible as well.

Oh well let's not dehype too much :p Still excited for next week....

Monkey Pants

Outpost Games Creative Director
Lol are you serious?

As for commentary I will probably live stream it once I get a copy.

I love how fans are telling you about stuff we did two years ago. Yeah, that was Seth. It's the scale in the locker room where you get the first suit at the end of Chapter 1.

Replicant

I'd love that.

But then it would look too weird sitting in my shelf next to the other DS plastic cases.

I don't put Steelbook with the rest of the plastic cases. I put it in the special Steelbook section with all of the other Steelbooks.

Although at this point, I have more Steelbook cases than I have normal Blu-ray cases. I just don't like the Blu-ray stripe at the top of the cover. And Steelbook usually eliminates that annoying stripe.

I'd love that.

But then it would look too weird sitting in my shelf next to the other DS plastic cases.

Fuck.

Eyepoke Machine 2.0?

Oh God, the only thing worse than an Eyepoke might be a Dickpoke Machine.

Or a turret sequence

which is in the game but doesn't look as frustrating as the Asteroid one

Varth

Really like how EA asked us for the scores of previous chapters then silently decided NOT TO SEND us reviewable codes until launch (if at all). And both scored in the 90s. I guess we were "polarized and gave the game scores which were, frankly, lower than they deserved".

Yay.

Really like how EA asked us for the scores of previous chapters then silently decided NOT TO SEND us reviewable codes until launch (if at all). And both scored in the 90s. I guess we were "polarized and gave the game scores which were, frankly, lower than they deserved".

Yay.

Wow. Almost thread worthy in itself.

deformity

Neo Member
for codecow and monkeypants

I was wondering, without spoiling me anything, how will be DS3 in terms of necromorph bosses and mini bosses? I love tentacular and intricate necros that Visceral can deliver (urchin, leviathan, slug has pleased me, I'm a freak of this formless creatures)
I kinda missed a bit this feature in DS2

Monkey Pants

Outpost Games Creative Director
for codecow and monkeypants

I was wondering, without spoiling me anything, how will be DS3 in terms of necromorph bosses and mini bosses? I love tentacular and intricate necros that Visceral can deliver (urchin, leviathan, slug has pleased me, I'm a freak of this formless creatures)
I kinda missed a bit this feature in DS2

Let's just say we missed them too... ;)

I'm just going to say, the Dead Space franchise is in my top new ip's for this generation. With that said and not saying too much till embargo is up, you guys did one hell of a job with DS3!

nel e nel

Ebay. But if you live in Canada, you can buy the game from Futureshop and get the Steelbook free. It's a shame Futureshop doesn't ship overseas.

Futureshop is sold out, just checked. It was also listed for $99. :/

There are several other international editions with different steelbook covers though.

http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10599

steel book looks nice! will all preoders be limited edition? I got mine coming from newegg?

It's looking like other EA titles, where the first run of the game is all limited edition (Bulletsorm, Crysis 2, etc).

netguy503

lol "oh god oh god oh god".

It better be good, whatever he's freaking out about.

Well the conversation goes..... "dead space 3 really enjoyed it" "except that one part" "oh god oh god oh god"

So it seems there may be a part that really frustrating/badly designed rather than "good". :/

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Hnnngggg, starting to get hyped, someone hold me.

Even though my ballot in the 2011 GOTY thread didn't count because of some formatting issue I did after all name DS2 my GOTY at that point, that's how much I love these games. I really have no expectations going in ( not in the negative sense but rather, well... literally no expectations ) DS3, hope I'm blown away IGN ™.

Well the conversation goes..... "dead space 3 really enjoyed it" "except that one part" "oh god oh god oh god"

So it seems there may be a part that really frustrating/badly designed rather than "good". :/

Or that there is one really, really creepy part that freaked the guy out a little. Like in a film build up where part of you is thinking 'I don't like it.' over and over but you're enjoying the experience. If you see what i mean. Arthur may have been ribbing the guy about his reaction to one of the scenes they've spoken about together?

Top Bottom