• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Remake |OT| Dead Face lift

Freeza93

Banned
There’s a difference between all 5 playing audio and the audio it’s supposed to play. Go into settings. It defaults to stero in the game settings.
Yes and if you know how surround sounds you can tell after 2 seconds that only 2 speakers are used in stereo and not 5+ ? ! makes no sense still. you hear it instantly especially in dead space which utilizes the rears extensively.

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Yes and if you know how surround sounds you can tell after 2 seconds that only 2 speakers are used in stereo and not 5+ ? ! makes no sense still. you hear it instantly especially in dead space which utilizes the rears extensively.
And I noticed it. What’s your point? I played for 5 minutes ..

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
How did everyone prioritize their credits in the store? I saved up about 15k and debating a power node or upgrade part for a weapon.

TheShocker

Had some left over credit on my psn account. Was going to buy this, but maybe I’ll wait for a patch or two. Or just pay full price on Xbox. Never played the DS series so I was looking forward to this.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Here's one (arguably the most impotrant) of the reasons why The Callisto Protocol never had a chance to beat even original Dead Space:
7V4AyCc.jpg
LBPq0a1.png
QlVJRAG.png
IV61MYX.png
And now, after all significant changes and additions to story, lore, world-building and characters when it comes to writing and their story arcs, which never even been in original game, TCP now and even more so than before, looks like a very poor, extremely straightforward and significantly downgraded attempt to repeat the success of the game which started it all 15 years ago.

I'm sorry Glen, I'll always be greatful to you for Dead Space, but you and your new team failed to make an instant classic as you did with Dead Space, or at the very least be at the same level. Hopefully you'll get another chance:messenger_spock::messenger_relieved:

Last edited:

Edder1

Maybe it's the metal pants !? I'm pretty sure it would be hard on the ballsack.
People in military and work that requires heavy gear still walk like human beings. All Motive had to do was copy DS2 animations. Strange enough Motive worked on single player portion of Battlefront 2 (also on Frostbite) and animations in that game were far superior to this game. It could be that animations in Battlefront were already configured by Dice, or it could be that Motive lost their original animators and got some incompetent people as replacement. It's just strange to see animations so weak in DS remake while everything else was given a lot of care.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

People in military and work that requires heavy gear still walk like human beings. All Motive had to do was copy DS2 animations. Strange enough Motive worked on single player portion of Battlefront 2 (also on Frostbite) and animations in that game were far superior to this game. It could be that animations in Battlefront were already configured by Dice, or it could be that Motive lost their original animators and got some incompetent people as replacement. It's just strange to see animations so weak in DS remake while everything else was given a lot of care.
Is the walking animations something that can be modded? Does the Frostbyte engine allow that?

Drizzlehell

Banned
There’s a difference between all 5 playing audio and the audio it’s supposed to play. Go into settings. It defaults to stero in the game settings.
You would be surprised to discover that most people play in stereo.

We get it, you have a big expensive audio setup. Nice flex.

Freeza93

Banned
If he did, I wouldn't have thought it looked weird. I am not saying it ruins the game, but it *is* a little distracting from an otherwise stellar visual presentation.
ah just ignore it the base is still a 2008 game and its not built from the ground up.

xrnzaaas

How did everyone prioritize their credits in the store? I saved up about 15k and debating a power node or upgrade part for a weapon.
Saving money for suit upgrades is the top priority. They're quite expensive, but worth it for the extra inventory slots alone.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

I am at the part when I parted ways with a particularly interesting doctor, and I must say I will restart the game.

I think the remake is a lot harder then the original because it has a LOT more upgrade paths for the weapons. Also, especially in the beginning, the game's quite stingy with the credits you find throughout the Ishimura.

I started this playthrough with Plasma Cutter, Rifle, Flamethrower and the Ripper (the first four weapons I acquired). I tried to distribute points evenly, even bought a few nodes at the store, but I am now at a point where I have almost no ammo, and my weapons don't seem to have enough kick on them.

I will try to replay the game and this time focus only on the plasma cutter and one close-quarters weapon only (Ripper possibly). Will not bother with buying more suits, and will spend my nodes on RIG, Plasma Cutter and Ripper.

Hopefully for the first playthrough, this will help me spend my resources better.

It may also be possible that I failed to properly utilize the environment, although I tried to score as many kills as I could with throwing piercing poles at the enemies at Medical.

Compared to the original, which would almost always drop a plasma cutter clip whenever you downed an enemy with 3-5 shots, the amount of resources you get by killing enemies here is a lot less. I don't disapprove, I think it's great the game is now willing to fight you without gloves, but I think it was a mistake for me to think it would be as easy as the original.

It's Resident Evil 1 Remake all over again. Which is great.

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
Started this on PS5 first time play through of the game. Man it looks rough on performance mode.. Dropped back to quality. Having a bunch of fun so far.

Edder1

Wake up. He moved always this way. And nobody cares. Jesus
Lol, if you played the original then you would know this isn't correct. The original animations had Isaac's upper body move together with his lower body with his shouldes swaying to the side when moving sideways for example, in the remake his upper body is stationary while only his legs and lower body are animated. I don't think you need to be a genius to know that this is isn't how one moves.

Freeza93

Banned
Lol, if you played the original then you would know this isn't correct. The original animations had Isaac's upper body move together with his lower body with his shouldes swaying to the side when moving sideways for example, in the remake his upper body is stationary while only his legs and lower body are animated. I don't think you need to be a genius to know that this is isn't how one moves.
its a game in future in space with monsters. The skeleton is the same its not build from the ground up.

Edder1

Is the walking animations something that can be modded? Does the Frostbyte engine allow that?
I'm not sure. I know the source code for Frostbite leaked before, but I'm not sure how extensive the editor is when it comes to Frostbite modding. Modding animations isn't as easy as modding textures so I'm not sure they will ever get touched. One way this could happen is if Motive make DS2 remake using the same engine with improved animations and presentation and then modders will port those improvements to the original.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Guys - question.

In the original Dead Space, New Game+ had the difficulty locked in the mode you played New Game in the first place. In Dead Space 2, you could play New Game + on any difficulty you liked. So you could play New Game on Easy, and NG+ on Hard, for example.

What is it in DS Remake? Locked difficulty in NG+, or you can choose it like in DS2?

Nvm - just watched a YouTube video. You can indeed play on a different difficulty in NG+.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Some people need to take deep breaths and just step away from everything. Jesus Christ the shit coming out of this dude's mouth, lmao. Honestly, I feel bad for people like this that can't just enjoy something. Turn your brain off to everything that "bothers you" and just get immersed.

Game is fantastic. I almost forgot how much I adored Dead Space, it's so good to be back. Just beat the campaign and hitting up New Game+ now.

I really look forward to seeing what they do with the IP in the future. I don't want Dead Space going dormant ever again.

Last edited:

simpatico

This one is tough to buy because it's one of those titles destined for Gameplass because of the EA play connection. Resisting the urge to skip the wait for $60 is hard though. Looks like it turned out really good and I love the franchise.

MiguelItUp

This one is tough to buy because it's one of those titles destined for Gameplass because of the EA play connection. Resisting the urge to skip the wait for $60 is hard though. Looks like it turned out really good and I love the franchise.
I'd say it depends on how long you're willing to wait. It's outstanding. You'll love it.

simpatico

I'd say it depends on how long you're willing to wait. It's outstanding. You'll love it.
If Atomic Heart wasn't so close, I don't think I would be able to resist. The remake looks tastefully done. I've read some negative stuff about the AI director flooding levels with too many enemies, taking away some of the pacing tension. Any impressions on this aspect? Some reviews don't mention it.

Top Bottom