• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition Director's Cut in development, and maybe another new game at E3

wabo

Banned
Fuck_Yea.png

All I can say

If less combat or no combat figures in for the DC, will these Move controls be relegated to 'enhancing' the game with annoying Heavy Rain controls? Hopefully, there's more of an investigative action element to its use, like replacing the simplistic clue gathering in the original release.

klee123

Joystiq reports Move support. Ugh.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/08/d...rt/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Deadly Premonition is being "remastered" and updated for PS3, by a team headed by Swery65, working in concert with the two-man Toybox studio. The new version, which will be further detailed at E3, will include new content, including new "scenarios" -- and support for the PlayStation Move. We're sure the whole thing will make much more sense with motion controls.

Who knows, move controls might actually make the combat more bearable.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Wow, just caught the news. I rented the 360 version, and I was captivated by the weirdness but my system died before I had a chance to buy it. PC or Vita would be so, so awesome but I'll gladly settle for PS3.

Plus, I've watched Twin Peaks for the first time since then, so my desire to play DP has increased tenfold.

To be honest, I think this is the best possible outcome. Deadly Premonition was awesome, but I have no idea what they would do for a sequel. The final hour or two of the first game really shut the door on a lot of stuff. I think a game that's set in a similar universe with new characters would be best.

Like I said earlier, I'm sure I read somewhere that SWERY thought the best option for a prospective sequel would be a completely different plot or universe but with the same characters, like Kenji Eno's whole "digital actor" idea. I'm pretty sure SWERY buys into that concept, given that "General Lysander" and "Forrest Kaysen" appear in both Spy Fiction and Deadly Premonition.

Mahonay

Banned
Oi71V.gif

I never thought I'd see a sequel to this game. I think this calls for a second play through of Deadly Premonition.

I will definitely be buying the director's cut as well.

Like I said earlier, I'm sure I read somewhere that SWERY thought the best option for a prospective sequel would be a completely different plot or universe but with the same characters, like Kenji Ito's whole "digital actor" idea. I'm pretty sure SWERY buys into that concept, given that "General Lysander" and "Forrest Kaysen" appear in both Spy Fiction and Deadly Premonition.

I still think a sequel can be done right if they just embraced the vibe of a much wider, weirder universe of stuff they only hinted at. I would have folded the universe back on itself by exploring the idea of alternate realities that intersect, creating a lot of interesting opportunities to not only see and learn more but change the original game's progression. It would be totally logical yet on crazy pills until it clicked into place very pleasingly, like the end of Mulholland Drive. Yeah, a kinda-sorta Lynchian BTTF2 by Swery.

Persona7

Banned
I really hope they don't change too much.

Someone wanted them to redo the item descriptions? Those are awesome and would be a travesty if they were changed.

I really hope they don't change too much.

Someone wanted them to redo the item descriptions? Those are awesome and would be a travesty if they were changed.

Not all of them! I was specifically thinking about the Weather Doll, which pops up in loading screens all the time and gives you a totally incorrect idea of what it does.

YES!!! This game is exactly the type of game I love to play and I was so sad that it never came out to the west on PS3. Dreams can happen people. I can't fucking wait. Ever since I played about twenty minutes of it on someones else's Xbox I was hooked.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I'm currently playing through the game (veeeeery slowly). I'd buy the hell out of a Director's Cut with an option for no combat/QTEs. Too bad it will never happen :(

nHDR

Banned
I'll definitely buy the enhanced version if it fixes all the issues of the first game. I don't need a story change or anything, just give the same game with 200x more polish.

Angry Fork

As a huge fan of Twin Peaks I've always wanted to play this but I don't have a 360. If a version comes out for PS3 in the west I will get it for sure.

Alfredo

Let's hope York will be able to wear perfume and ride a bicycle, because that was what was missing from the game according to Swery. :p

decaf

Not sure anything needs to be added to the original - it's a flawed gem, but fine as it is. I'd much prefer a prequel.

TGMIII

Guess I'll finally get around to playing this if they put out an international PS3 version. Don't forget about Europe please.

Kevtones

- please come to 360
- add facial hair modifiers like mutton chops but make this something you can level up
- mixable foods
- keep the driving controls!!!
- more in car conversations
- properties you can buy or squat in

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I need to buy this.

Raide

Come on Swery!

I wonder how much of the fan-following happened because of the GiantBomb Endurance run? I know a few that got the game just based upon that.

Top Bottom