• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut |PC OT| Do you remember what the coffee said?

Bittercup

Is this a port of the 360 version or PS3 version? I know Japanese devs like to use the 360 version due to its similarity to PC.
The Director's Cut is only available for PS3 and the PC version features all the PS3 changes. It's likely a port of the PS3 version.

Wait, how was the PS3 port bad? It launched on both systems in Japan, a PS3 version already existed. Did the Director's Cut run worse than that?
Yes the performance was worse than on the 360 original. But on the other hand, the original was subHD with a lower FOV.
Besides that the DC on PS3 was a strange mix of improvements and downgrades. The controls are vastly superior but some effects are missing like for example the wet road with environment mirrored in puddles and strange design changes like the
"other world"
sequences are way to bright that the flashlight serves no purpose and the atmosphere suffers a bit from that. I hope this is changed in the PC port or is mod-able.

Still absolutely worth it. It's the third time I'm buying this game :D

Lijik

Literally just bought the PS3 port for a friends birthday and watching her play it got me in the mood to go back to Greenvale so this couldnt have come out at a better time

Alfredo

It's gonna be funny (and amazing) if modders are able to make the driving and shooting more..."modern."

And also, someone needs to mod in a map that you can zoom all the way out! Can't believe that still didn't make it in to the PS3 Director's Cut.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if I should wait for the GOG version (if there's even one) or just get it...Tempting. Never played the game before but I know I'll like it.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Any news on whether the DLC is included or will come across to PC? Was browsing PSN last night and there's extra cars and suits etc.

Czigga

some how I sort of have no clue what this game is but you guys are getting my panties wet. might have to pick it up. is this something a gf might enjoy watching me play? she likes heavy story driven games, but it has to pick up quick or she'll lose interest fast.

Bittercup

some how I sort of have no clue what this game is but you guys are getting my panties wet. might have to pick it up. is this something a gf might enjoy watching me play? she likes heavy story driven games, but it has to pick up quick or she'll lose interest fast.
The story is very good and I assume enjoyable to just watch if you like the style of the game. Besides the technical shortcomings the cutscenes are all done very well and the voice acting and writing, especially of the main character is really good. The only thing that might get in the way are the side missions. The game has a lot of them and they don't really add anything to the main story, but are still fun and show you more of the people living in the town. They are all optional and can be done later via chapter select in case your girlfriend gets bored.

Arthea

I so hoped it'll be: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut |PC OT| The owls are not what they seem
Oh well
Eagerly awaiting first impressions on DP performance on PC.

synce

May pick this up if someone releases a decent trainer for it. Twice now I've tried to play the PS3 version and never got past the police station, the gameplay is pure ass. But I loved the Twin Peaks vibe

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This game deserves to be put out on all platforms that can run it. So good.

I finished the game three times to get all the achievements. I watched both Endurance Runs. I watched a very popular German equivalent to the endurance runs. This means I've seen the whole game 6 times already. I will buy this tomorrow and finish it at least once. Do I have a problem?

Arthea

I finished the game three times to get all the achievements. I watched both Endurance Runs. I watched a very popular German equivalent to the endurance runs. This means I've seen the whole game 6 times already. I will buy this tomorrow and finish it at least once. Do I have a problem?

Nope, not really. You are a good and reasonable person.

Cheddahz

Banned
If I recall correctly, there is only one difficulty mode in the Director's Cut and it's basically the easy mode of the original version

Nillansan

An active member (Grant666uk) in the Steam Community has been in touch with Rising Star Games. He asked them a few questions about the port. Here is his post in its entirety.

Grant666uk said:
Right I have been chatting to the devs for the past few weeks and I have asked them a few of your questions. Here is what they said......

We've briefly tested the game on our PC here and the graphics are certainly a lot sharper on a crisp monitor. And our PC isn't really specced as a gaming machine so we've yet to test it on a high rig machine.

We received an updated version this morning so I fired it up on my Alienware laptop and it was amazing! I am delighted to tell you that the framerate is exceptional. It is running so smooth that I struggled to tear myself away from it

Mouse and keyboard is supported and yes you can invert the controls (heard a few people ask that).

I'm not 100% sure on our agreement with GOG.com at the moment. I know we've been in contact but the right person to ask isn't in the office at the moment.

We haven't localized the PC version to Russian. We had investigated it but the cost would have been too much and would have also delayed the release substantially.

Regarding preload, again the person dealing with Steam isn't here at the moment so I can't know for sure. If it isn't Steam standard, then I don't think it will. I know the devs are making final tweaks all the time.

One of those tweaks was the reason I've not been able to make the video. Despite running perfectly on my laptop, when I took it home to my gaming rig, for some odd reason the game was sped up to the extend it was really funny to watch, but not suitable for a 'Let's Play'. We're glad to have caught this problem in time and notified the devs. They've made a few changes and it now run as intended on all machines

Right thats the highlights. I am expecting more infd at some point and will update

Source.

Nillansan

The game will be available on GOG as well.

Rising Star Games said:
Yes, you can get DPDC for PC from different places - it's here on Steam to buy direct and some other places (GameStop, GAME, Get Games Go) are selling Steam codes. You can also get it from both GamersGate and GoG - these versions are non-Steam.

Source.

AkuMifune

Banned
I thought this game was amazing the first time through, but promised myself never to touch it again. So why am I so excited?

I'm just going to chalk it up to halloween madness.

FrancisYorkMorgan2.jpg

Paid it off on Steam earlier this morning, really can't wait for tomorrow - been meaning to play this since it first came out but for some reason never got round to it. Bring on the madness!

I thought i'd already pre-ordered but it seems not. I'll have to remedy that with a triple dip :)
360/PS3 and now PC. Swery's awesome.

Foaloal

Oh hell yes, this is coming out already?!
I already have the 360 version but if there is any game I would double dip this is the one (especially if it comes with dat lucrative 60fps/etc.)
So stoked!

Edit: Checked hardware requirements to try and get an idea of what to expect graphically.
They are incredibly reasonable, so I'm hoping that means they've got the engine running nice enough that somebody with better hardware (probably every single person reading this topic) will be able to force AA/downsampling/etc and still maintain a locked 60.

An active member (Grant666uk) in the Steam Community has been in touch with Rising Star Games. He asked them a few questions about the port. Here is his post in its entirety.

Source.

Good to hear about keyboard/mouse. I typically avoid using a controller whenever possible and I had this sinking feeling that kb/m support would be totally borked.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Rebought. Everyone I know will own this come the next Steam Seal.

Then get saving, I think the next Steam sale begins today or tomorrow, and Deadly Premonition is confirmed on sale.
Halloween Sale, they confirmed Deadly Premonition would be on sale at the same pre-order price, except won't include the soundtrack for free like pre-orders do.

But in seriousness, all of my friends are going to see FK... in the coffee, next sale as well.

Top Bottom