• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadpool Boxart revealed. Disappointed

Love it.

Knew they wouldn't go overboard with the parody since they actually need people to buy the damn thing who aren't fans in order to make it profitable.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Came here for the Herc gif. Left disappointed.

But seriously, echo the sentiment of the x-men looking weird.

Something about the fidelity of the 3d style doesn't mesh well with the comics, I think.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That honestly sounds very similar to current deadpool

Sounds like old Deadpool too. Did people really think that post-Deathstroke knockoff Deadpool was actually for intelligent and 'insider' comic fans? Because it wasn't. No one was super smart for knowing what a third wall was in the 90s.

The_Monk

Indeed fellow GAFfer.

WQCilzE.gif

NinjaBoiX

High Moon?

That's those guys that did the awful Bourne Conspiracy and those incredibly dull Transformers tie-ins isn't it?

No thanks.

NotLiquid

It played/controlled well, and it was competently coded, but it was just a series of copyapasta corridors with some enemies thrown at you. I was bored after half an hour.

Deadpool could be a good game for them to make since that means it could have a Grasshopper mentality - decent game play but the experience sells it. It's just a question of how clever the game is which it very well might not be. Otherwise it looks like it could be a fun Lollipop Chainsaw-esque score attack game. Or a fun game for one playthrough that you'll forget about later.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
It played/controlled well, and it was competently coded, but it was just a series of copyapasta corridors with some enemies thrown at you. I was bored after half an hour.
Maybe that's why I liked it. All I need from a Transformers game is beating up Decepticons. My expectations for the Deadpool game isn't much different. Although it would be rad if they included Megatron as a bonus hidden boss somewhere.

High Moon?

That's those guys that did the awful Bourne Conspiracy and those incredibly dull Transformers tie-ins isn't it?

No thanks.

I liked the Bourne Conspiracy demo at the time, mostly for the interesting hand-to-hand combat. The environmental takedowns were cool. Then Sleeping Dogs came along.

NinjaBoiX

I liked the Bourne Conspiracy demo at the time, mostly for the interesting hand-to-hand combat. The environmental takedowns were cool. Then Sleeping Dogs came along.
I played TBC on PS3, and it's basically broken. The sound is all screwy and there are glitches galore. The hand to hand gets old really quickly too, it's way too prescriptive. It's basically a QTE sequence.

007 Bloodstone is a very similar game, but executed with much more skill. I actually thoroughly enjoy that game.

R.I.P. Bizarre.

:(

I played TBC on PS3, and it's basically broken. The sound is all screwy and there are glitches galore. The hand to hand gets old really quickly too, it's way too prescriptive. It's basically a QTE sequence.

007 Bloodstone is a very similar game, but executed with much more skill. I actually thoroughly enjoy that game.

R.I.P. Bizarre.

:(

Too bad about the technical issues. I might have to play both games at some point. RIP Bizarre. Did those guys form a new studio with Codemasters or something? Work on that Forza Horizon?

Sounds like old Deadpool too. Did people really think that post-Deathstroke knockoff Deadpool was actually for intelligent and 'insider' comic fans? Because it wasn't. No one was super smart for knowing what a third wall was in the 90s.

Deadpool had a lot more depth when Joe Kelly was writing the series and, seemingly, a lot more space to do what he wanted and as such made a funny, but incredibly tragic character. Once Kelly stopped writing him, he just turned into a goofball, funny guy.

I liked some of Daniel Way's early stuff, though, but it lost me when he started outsmarting everyone from the X-Men to Captain America. But this is a discussion for a different thread.

I hope the game plays well! I'll definitely give it a rental, and I really hope they do something like wolverine's healing factor in the Origins game.

RPGCrazied

No one answered me last time, so I'll ask again. Does this run on UE3? The last 2 of their transformers game did, and didn't run so hot on PS3.

Coconut

Banned
It's weird that money is on the cover because I can't really think of any time that I've seen deadpool actually get paid for a job.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
So with all those guest characters right there on the box, seems like High Moon could have made an actual motherfucking Uncanny X-Force game but chose not to. Instead of the best X-Men run in yearsgetting a game tie in, heres more fucking Way-pool.

The single player sequel, Fall of Cybertron had a far more fucking amazing single player campaign, while the multiplayer was not as good, so the inverse of the original.

Sora_N

Cover's alright, not a fan of the random characters on the cover. The game is called Deadpool, no real need for others on the cover.

Top Bottom