• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dear Sony, give me the option to swap / × button functions.

It's not that big of a deal. Would be cool. I'm used to the PS/Xbox style of confirm/cancel, so when I went to play Breath of the Wild it was a little weird. Ultimately, I got used to b/a in a few days.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Groovitunes... My Tweet to Shuhei Yoshida has been retweeted and re-retweeted by a few industry movers 'n' shakers. My crusade continues!

Totally agree. Got a Vita from Ratuken to only find out it's the Japanese version with the X and O buttons swapped which would be fine if that console only played Japanese games but I only play Western games on it and it drives me nuts.Tried research to see if there was a solution, but as the OP said, swapping the button via the menu doesn't really solve the issue if the western games don't natively support the feature. I would say it has tarnished my vita experience specifically that or I eventually get a US vita.

Ahh... My exact situation, but in reverse. It's encouraging to see. Perhaps Sony will listen eventually. People have only been asking for this ability for, well, years!

PS: You can easily swap ○/× on the system level if your Vita is below firmware 3.60 with HENkaku.

Aswitch

Totally agree. Got a Vita from Ratuken to only find out it's the Japanese version with the X and O buttons swapped which would be fine if that console only played Japanese games but I only play Western games on it and it drives me nuts.Tried research to see if there was a solution, but as the OP said, swapping the button via the menu doesn't really solve the issue if the western games don't natively support the feature. I would say it has tarnished my vita experience specifically that or I eventually get a US vita.

Top Bottom