• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Battle - Batman VS Captain America

Status
Not open for further replies.
He tanked temporal acid,

I always found this one more impressive:

Capinfection_zpsa1fa63bd.png

CapInfection2_zps6e0e59d9.png

CapInfection3_zps5cb66426.png

The infection had nulled out the Super soldier serum at that point. Cap was no better than human there.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Prometheus dismantled him in H2H also. That dude had no superhuman stats, but did have the skills of DCs top 12 martial artists, one of which was batman.

IIRC Prometheus also did the same to Shiva, making her look like an amateur.

im suprised there hasnt been a prometheus vs taskmaster battle yet.

Batman pretty much loses his top whenever its about Dick.

Forever Evil pissed off a lot of Batfans.

Is that a gay joke or...? He was going to rescue Damian's body.

And I remember someone at DC saying Batman will always be 32. He'll always be drawn like hes 32. But with Nu52 I think everybody's a few years younger.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Screwattack should do a Stan Lee vs Stan Lee and get to the bottom of which cameo in all the movies was his best.

kswiston

oh man. talk about nerfed to shit.

What did prometheus do to piss off ollie that badly

Blew up star city, cut off Roy Harper's arm, and killed Roy's daughter.

The fallout lead to that drugged out Roy Harper page where he beats people to death with a dead cat.

Ahasverus

It isn't, because Cap's damage soak is ridiculous. There is no way a handful of strikes from batman land him on his ass.

Keep in mind cap isn't wearing spandex, that's chain mail and advanced Kevlar.
With "the Winner beaing clear" hand to hand I was referring to Cap :p

With "the Winner beaing clear" hand to hand I was referring to Cap :p

And with "it isn't" I was referring to the phrase "the way he killed cap in the video is plausible".

It's not. Cap's damage soak is far too high for that fight to turn out that way.

edit: there's a lot of things I could post to prove that, but scrolling up a few posts to "cap carves out a square foot of his own chest with no powers, then single handedly beats the hell out of an army of super mutants mere hours later" is probably sufficient.

Ahasverus

And with "it isn't" I was referring to the phrase "the way he killed cap in the video is plausible".

It's not. Cap's damage soak is far too high for that fight to turn out that way.

edit: there's a lot of things I could post to prove that, but scrolling up a few posts to "cap carves out a square foot of his own chest with no powers, then single handedly beats the hell out of an army of super mutants mere hours later" is probably sufficient.

If we're counting with a Batman that kills, we're counting with a Batman that will use any crazy weapon. It's the surprise factor what counts here.

Is that a gay joke or...? He was going to rescue Damian's body.

And I remember someone at DC saying Batman will always be 32. He'll always be drawn like hes 32. But with Nu52 I think everybody's a few years younger.

Dick Grayson

FE Spoilers:
Batman thinks Lex killed Dick, so Batman loses his mind and almost chokes luthor to death, then Lex ressurects Dick, during all this Lex pickpockets batman.

Dick Grayson

FE Spoilers:
Batman thinks Lex killed Dick, so Batman loses his mind and almost chokes luthor to death, then Lex ressurects Dick, during all this Lex pickpockets batman.

Ohh, I did not read that one. I was referencing an issue or two ago. I may have tuned out during that crossover because I dont remember anything like that.

If we're counting with a Batman that kills, we're counting with a Batman that will use any crazy weapon. It's the surprise factor what counts here.

Batman doesn't walk around with "any crazy weapon", only his utility belt. If you want to have Bruce run back to the batcave and search his closet, Steve drops a fully equipped SHIELD helicarrier on him. A "lets see who has more resources" fight does not go well for Batman. SHIELD is simply too OP- lest we forget, they've got a blank check from the US government to manufacture an endless supply of mutant killing sentinels and Life Model Decoys totally indistinguishable from real people.

Out of what's typically on that utility belt, nothing batman has gets past that shield. It's not just durable, whatever it's made of (vibranium/steel/uru/mystery substance) nulls out energy AND nulls out force. The video also has him throwing it randomly into the end of a dark alley at...nothing at all and disarming himself, which is so mind bogglingly out of character it's a mystery why it's in the video.

Steve is also substantially faster than batman is and can casually dodge batarangs all day every day. in a H2H fight Bruce gets dominated, and badly. Winter Soldier is peak human (with a superhuman arm) and roughly estimates steve rogers is three times stronger, faster, and more durable than he is. Cable said the same thing, tossing "endurance" on top of that, and cable has cybernetic enhancements. Batman fighting someone TRIPLE his physical abilities with more experience is akin to a third grader trying to outfight the captain of the high school football team.

kswiston

Ohh, I did not read that one. I was referencing an issue or two ago. I may have tuned out during that crossover because I dont remember anything like that.

Here's a recap:

Issues 1-4: Lex Luthor has a new solo title!

Issues 5-7:
Batman: I need your help, but we do things my way!!!!
Villains: *laughs*

Oh, and the Crime Syndicate gets demolished in short order.

Here's a recap:

Issues 1-4: Lex Luthor has a new solo title!

Issues 5-7:
Batman: I need your help, but we do things my way!!!!
Villains: *laughs*

Oh, and the Crime Syndicate gets demolished in short order.

Oh, so is
Dick dead? I know his identity got exposed so I assumed he got better and is laying low somewhere

Varna

I've always been a little confused about the whole "peak" human thing.

Aren't people like Batman peak human? What about the Kingpin? Dude is all muscle.

Slayven

Aren't people like Batman peak human? What about the Kingpin? Dude is all muscle.

Can Kingpin run a 3 minute mile? Cap is suppose to be as strong, as fast, etc as a human could possibly be, before being considered superhuman.

Peak human is a phrase that kind of got made up by people writing the old marvel handbooks. it's not an official designation.

Generally it means you're at the strength limit of someone who works out constantly with intensive exercise, or an elite athlete. Batman would be somewhere around here- able to compete with the best pro athletes in a variety of areas.

Kingpin might be in the strength area, but definitely not when we're talking speed.

Cap is well past both of these, with routine demonstrations of strength and speed that are at minimum double to triple that of the best athletes that have ever lived. Cap can sustain 60mph speeds on foot while carrying others, jump out of helicopters sans parachute while breaking the concrete on landing, bench 1500 pounds while training, and has carried around trees, telephone poles, and steel I-beams on one shoulder.

He's enhanced by the super soldier serum, but marvel has declined to say just how strong he is because editorial gets a lot of mileage out of Cap exceeding expectations.

RagnarokX

Yeah, but I dont think that Batman relies most time on his scientific knowledge beyond the times, when he builds his gadgets/ is making preptime.

Batman (and also Spider-Man of course) had an advantage, when the fight would be placed in a laboratory or if you want a factory, but in other areas its more important, how you can fight and how good you can plan the fight, and there had Cap an advantage.
Also, while he has no "real" superpowers and superstrengh in the classic way, he has still the increased strengh, speed and stamina... I see them almost on par, but maybe Captain America would win.

Whether Batman wins or not depends a lot on prep time. If Batman has the prep time he could win like any fight.

Captain America wins hands down if they are riding in the batmobile: http://youtu.be/d-O_RzwrZPw?t=22m50s

Whether Batman wins or not depends a lot on prep time. If Batman has the prep time he could win like any fight.

Captain America wins hands down if they are riding in the batmobile: http://youtu.be/d-O_RzwrZPw?t=22m50s

The prep time argument tends to rely on batman's opponents doing nothing and scratching their ass while Bruce looks up everything about them on wikipedia.

Are we to assume Cap doesn't get prep time? or does nothing with it? Infinity established Captain America to be one of if not THE best combat strategists in the galaxy, even better than the Kree Supreme intelligence- and he has the full resources of SHIELD backing him up. Cap, it should be emphasized is not a lone vigilante but a commissioned officer of the planet's most powerful defense organization.

kswiston

People always say that to make Batman sound impressive. It does the opposite. A normal person can solve a lot of shit with unlimited freetime and billions of dollars.

Also. No one else gets the preptime clause. Reed Richards has beat Galactus with prep time, but no one is suggesting he wins all these one-on-one fights.

MartyStu

Peak human is a phrase that kind of got made up by people writing the old marvel handbooks. it's not an official designation.

Generally it means you're at the strength limit of someone who works out constantly with intensive exercise, or an elite athlete. Batman would be somewhere around here- able to compete with the best pro athletes in a variety of areas.

Kingpin might be in the strength area, but definitely not when we're talking speed.

Cap is well past both of these, with routine demonstrations of strength and speed that are at minimum double to triple that of the best athletes that have ever lived. Cap can sustain 60mph speeds on foot while carrying others, jump out of helicopters sans parachute while breaking the concrete on landing, bench 1500 pounds while training, and has carried around trees, telephone poles, and steel I-beams on one shoulder.

He's enhanced by the super soldier serum, but marvel has declined to say just how strong he is because editorial gets a lot of mileage out of Cap exceeding expectations.

Yup. This is why I always find these discussions amusing.

Anyone with a passing comic-based knowledge of either character knows that Cap only looks 'normal' when compared to some of the other Avengers and 'Batgod' only exists in team books because most writers are too poor to handle Batman in that context.

Slayven

The prep time argument tends to rely on batman's opponents doing nothing and scratching their ass while Bruce looks up everything about them on wikipedia.

Are we to assume Cap doesn't get prep time? or does nothing with it? Infinity established Captain America to be one of if not THE best combat strategists in the galaxy, even better than the Kree Supreme intelligence- and he has the full resources of SHIELD backing him up. Cap, it should be emphasized is not a lone vigilante but a commissioned officer of the planet's most powerful defense organization.

Not to mention Batman live in a universe where damn near everyone has an specific but easily to use weakness.

kswiston

Yup. This is why I always find these discussions amusing.

Anyone with a passing comic-based knowledge of either character knows that Cap only looks 'normal' when compared to some of the other Avengers and 'Batgod' only exists in team books because most writers are too poor to handle Batman in that context.

In big events, they often come up with some subplot for Batman to handle while Superman and Green Lantern smash dudes across the galaxy.

RagnarokX

People always say that to make Batman sound impressive. It does the opposite. A normal person can solve a lot of shit with unlimited freetime and billions of dollars.
While I didn't say anything about it being impressive, Batman's intellect is kinda a big necessity in how effective he makes prep time. If you're a normal person having time and billions of dollars won't mean much if you don't have the intellect to make proper use of them. Batman would like get a DNA sample and reverse engineer the super soldier serum and make some for himself or make an antidote or something.

Anyway, the point was to post the video. Watch the video.

Slayven

Also. No one else gets the preptime clause. Reed Richards has beat Galactus with prep time, but no one is suggesting he wins all these one-on-one fights.

And even preptime feats are not that impressive. I mean Pym wrote a computer that eventually evolve to a new form of life while pretty much having a gun held to his head. Reed had only an hours notice and he created a room that was impossible to cross. Spiderman created a suit that warps light and sound almost on the fly.

While I didn't say anything about it being impressive, Batman's intellect is kinda a big necessity in how effective he makes prep time. If you're a normal person having time and billions of dollars won't mean much if you don't have the intellect to make proper use of them. Batman would like get a DNA sample and reverse engineer the super soldier serum and make some for himself or make an antidote or something.

Smarter men then Bruce have tempted to decipher the SSS but they have mostly fail.

The greatest minds of the marvel universe have NEVER been able to replicate the super soldier serum, and you expect batman to do so with a DNA scan?

Please, tell me more about how Batman is a better scientist than Reed Richards and Dr. Doom.

batman wouldn't try to kill him. Batman would try to make him kill himself.

4FHT

Slayven

batman wouldn't try to kill him. Batman would try to make him kill himself.

Funny enough they faced similar ordeals. Omnipotent Korvac tried to break Captain America, Omnipotent Joker tried to break Batman. Batman broke like a bitch. He had to mindwiped or he would have been useless. On the other hand Korvac gave up because he could not get Cap to quit fighting the good fight after thousands of tries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom