• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Battle - Batman VS Captain America

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswiston

The greatest minds of the marvel universe have NEVER been able to replicate the super soldier serum, and you expect batman to do so with a DNA scan?

Please, tell me more about how Batman is a better scientist than Reed Richards and Dr. Doom.

Ignoring Marvel, Batman isn't even on Professor Ivo or T.O. Morrow's level. I have no idea why DC sometimes insists he's the second smartest person on the planet where he lacks most of the feats associated with other super geniuses. It's like they forget about Rip Hunter, Will Magnus, etc.

Slayven

Ignoring Marvel, Batman isn't even on Professor Ivo or T.O. Morrow's level. I have no idea why DC sometimes insists he's the second smartest person on the planet where he lacks most of the feats associated with other super geniuses. It's like they forget about Rip Hunter, Will Magnus, etc.

Remember when he admitted to stealing Mr.Terrfic's tech?

I could "get" batman being somehow highly intelligent in a lot of areas (deductive reasoning, martial arts skills, etc) that would put him at #2 over someone who was "just" a scientist, but when we're talking something like "reverse engineering the super soldier serum from steve rogers' DNA" that's STRICTLY a scientific feat, and all the detective skills in the world won't help you there.

Bruce's feats in that area wouldn't even get him in the marvel top 30. SPIDER MAN would embarrass him with little effort. It's an insane claim to make.

It's probably based on breadth, but I find it hard to rank them. Dr. Sivana & T.O. Morrow alone have done things more impressive than Lex.

kswiston

It's probably based on breadth, but I find it hard to rank them. Dr. Sivana & T.O. Morrow alone have done things more impressive than Lex.

If it is based on breadth, how is Lex Luthor #1? Lex is your typical science super genius who also happens to be a wealthy businessman. I guess you could argue that he is a master strategist, but he's not as diverse as Batman.

I always found this one more impressive:

Capinfection_zpsa1fa63bd.png

CapInfection2_zps6e0e59d9.png

CapInfection3_zps5cb66426.png

The infection had nulled out the Super soldier serum at that point. Cap was no better than human there.

And with "it isn't" I was referring to the phrase "the way he killed cap in the video is plausible".

It's not. Cap's damage soak is far too high for that fight to turn out that way.

edit: there's a lot of things I could post to prove that, but scrolling up a few posts to "cap carves out a square foot of his own chest with no powers, then single handedly beats the hell out of an army of super mutants mere hours later" is probably sufficient.

Those pics also demonstrate something about Cap that many people forget about: stubbornness. Cap is too damn proud and stubborn to go down. If you are going to stop him, it is going to take a LOT to put him down. Even ignoring the super soldier serum, Cap's willpower is too damn strong to shut him down like Batman did in the video.

And let's get into another point many others are ignoring. People bring up the Batman prep time argument a lot, which is valid. But do they not think that Cap would prep too? If Batman can get intel on Cap, you can bet your ass Cap has it on Batman. Cap may not prep to the same level for Batman, but he sure as shit would know what Batman would come to the fight with.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Cap would manhandle Batman. It would be like an adult fighting a preschooler.

I stop paying attention to death battle when they had Mai beat Chung Li and Superman beat Goku.

With that said, 6 times out of 10 Batman beats Cap. Its one of those fights that could go ether way any given day.

Derwind

I always wondered, even at peak physical fitness, why isn't Bruce in and out of rehabilitation centers. After all the heavy hitters and superhumans he faced, his body and endurance should be at anall time low from wear and tear.

Whereas Cap'N can recover at peak human levels.

I think in that battle the Captain wins hands down.

I always wondered, even at peak physical fitness, why isn't Bruce in and out of rehabilitation centers. After all the heavy hitters and superhumans he faced, his body and endurance should be at anall time low from wear and tear.

In Kingdom come, he can barely function as an old man and has to wear a full body brace

Dai101

Banned

teeh hee..

Thats where the fluid comic timeline comes in handy. Hes only been doing this for 5 years or something. Id guess bruce is 32 an started dressing up as batman in his mid to late twenties. But thats my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom