• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Battle: Venasaur vs Blastoise vs Charizard

Keasar

I loved being one of the few kids who were a fan of Blastoise, when everyone else at the school always (ALWAYS!) picked Charmander as their starter.

"What!? But I have a dragon! How could you win!?"

"Water."

I'm calling Shenanigans. How in the hell does a beam with the power of the freaking sun lose to a beam of fire that can only melt boulders?

#Venasaur4lyfe

Carizard uses fly, Blastoid's hydro pump misses, Venosaur kills Blastoids with idk razor leaf, then Charizard flies back down and kills Venosaur. Done.

Toxi

Banned
Hey, if you are really disappointed, take solace in the fact Charizard easily got the jackpot when it came to mega forms.

Mega Charizard X and Y are unpredictable thanks to not knowing which your opponent has. X gains Dragon typing to remove its Water weakness and is STRONG thanks to its higher bulk, attack, and Tough Claws ability. Let it use Dragon Dance, and it just runs riot. Y is even crazier, gaining a massive special attack boost and the Drought ability that nerfs Water and boosts Fire. Oh, and it can counter Water and Rock types with Solar Beam, which no longer requires a charge thanks to Drought.

Mega Venusaur also got lucky with Thick Fat to remove its Ice and Fire weaknesses and beastly defensive prowess. Add multiple ways of healing with Synthesis, Leech Seed, and Giga Drain, and it just won't die.

Poor Mega Blastoise is stuck being "Most awesome Rapid Spinner in the game for a team with no megas". Takes any amount of punishment, hits like a truck, and has Dark Pulse to counter traditional Ghost type "spin-blockers". Still pretty great.

All three of the original starters are beastly and deserve respect.

choose_your_starter_by_twarda8-d6l0tzz.jpg

Sorian

Banned
I chose Blastoise just based on more real world ideas behind it. Any fire is going to make Venasaur catch fire and burn alive and Charizard dies if water makes his tail light go out. Blastoise is weak to grass but there is no insta-death option that grass can do to Blastoise so it made sense to me.

Spinluck

If we wanna get technical, the guns on Blastoise's back shouldn't be able to hit shit the way they're aligned.

Charizard will always be the GOAT og starter.
Lol at him getting his wings ripped off. Venasaur should've did leech seed the moment battle started.

DedValve

Banned
If pokemon were real, I think charizard would definitely win.

Flame burns flesh and he has a ridiculous advantage of being able to fly.I think fire would be effective regardless of type unlike what the game suggests.

Blastoise would probably "turtle" a bit before it finally succumbs.

All blastoise needs to do is hit the tail. Not even, just rain dance the little lizard to death.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
This video is the truth. As usual, 'Zard fans can't handle the truth.

Godtoise will always be the best starter of the forever.

trixx

Mega Venusaur is the best :)

If TMs were legal:

Charizard would obliterate Blastoise/Venusaur. It wouldn't even need to mega-evolve, Sunny Day alone would take down Blastoise.
Sunny day, Venusaur has chlorophyll->mega evolves, the sleep powder lands.. :)

There all pretty good, I haven't actually seen mega blastoise being used though.

Pokémon Origins already settled this debate
Charizard>Blastoise
. For the latest game Charizard X>Mega Venusaur>Mega Blastoise. So enjoy your moment in the sun
Blastoise Fans

Hey, if you are really disappointed, take solace in the fact Charizard easily got the jackpot when it came to mega forms.

Mega Charizard X and Y are unpredictable thanks to not knowing which your opponent has. X gains Dragon typing to remove its Water weakness and is STRONG thanks to its higher bulk, attack, and Tough Claws ability. Let it use Dragon Dance, and it just runs riot. Y is even crazier, gaining a massive special attack boost and the Drought ability that nerfs Water and boosts Fire. Oh, and it can counter Water and Rock types with Solar Beam, which no longer requires a charge thanks to Drought.

Mega Venusaur also got lucky with Thick Fat to remove its Ice and Fire weaknesses and beastly defensive prowess. Add multiple ways of healing with Synthesis, Leech Seed, and Giga Drain, and it just won't die.

Poor Mega Blastoise is stuck being "Most awesome Rapid Spinner in the game for a team with no megas". Takes any amount of punishment, hits like a truck, and has Dark Pulse to counter traditional Ghost type "spin-blockers". Still pretty great.

All three of the original starters are beastly and deserve respect.

Well said man. Blastoise will always be my favorite, but all 3 are awesome! And while I do have success with his Mega on Showdown, Venasaur and Charizard have stronger Mega's.

Wynnebeck

Banned
lol Ridiculous video. Why wouldn't Charizard just fly off, let Venusaur handle Blastoise, and then swoop in for the kill? Slanted crowd. :p

NotLiquid

lol Ridiculous video. Why wouldn't Charizard just fly off, let Venusaur handle Blastoise, and then swoop in for the kill? Slanted crowd. :p

Charizards have an aggressive warrior's mentality with something to prove. They only avoid battles that aren't worth it's time. Letting other people do the fighting isn't it's style.

taco543

I watched this last night it was a great death battle and i was hoping for charizard but was expecting blastoise.

Ivan 3414

I just thought how they cut off limbs in that video was weird. I'm sure Venasaur's flower is more durable than that; definitely strong enough to endure a simple wing attack or whatever the hell it was.

This does not really have much to do with the video, but I still find it funny.

When I was in first grade, I had an argument with a jewish friend of mine about whether Blastoise or Santa Claus was more real. He believed that Blastoise was real, and I believed in Santa Claus. We both were wrong :(

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Mega Venusaur is the best :)

Sunny day, Venusaur has chlorophyll->mega evolves, the sleep powder lands.. :)

There all pretty good, I haven't actually seen mega blastoise being used though.
You haven't seen him often used because gamefreak went out of their way to shaft him.

They should have given him drizzle and made him more bulky with a steel/water typing. But noooo we can't very well have any of that shit now can we, gamefreak. They needed to focus all their efforts on shoving Charizard down everyone's throats instead. Smfh

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
You haven't seen him often used because gamefreak went out of their way to shaft him.

They should have given him drizzle and made him more bulky with a steel/water typing. But noooo we can't very well have any of that shit now can we, gamefreak. They needed to focus all their efforts on shoving Charizard down everyone's throats instead. Smfh

I thought I cut down on my salt intake.

PK Gaming

Mega Blastoise is a good Pokemon. Sure, it might not be as overpowered as Mega Charizard or Mega Venusaur, but it's a strong Pokemon in its own right. And for what it's worth, I think Blastoise is better off being pure Water-type after the Steel-type nerf. It's a well designed Pokemon with a unique niche (aka, arguably the best Rapid Spinner in the game)

Giving Drizzle to Mega Blastoise would have been a terrible, terrible idea.

They gave it to a Pokemon that sucks (Politoed), and it turned into one of the most dominant Pokemon in the game. Drought is a lesser ability, and its the reason why Charizard-Y is on the cusp of being broken.

The outcome was exactly how I pictured it to be.
Not by detail, mind you, but the fact that
Venusaur would lose to Charizard due to double type disadvantage and Charizard would lose to Blastoise due to its weakness in rain

Awesome battle, though.

Charizard. Every day, every way. He's the only pokemon who could recognize Ash was garbage. Also, he's a goddamn dragon.
Sucks to be a fan of the other two though, no Smash character, you only got one Mega evolution each, and the both make your chosen pokemon look stupider instead of cooler. Totally see where the salt is coming from.

Alchemy

Mega Venusaur is neutral to Ice and Fire Attacks, and easily kills Mega Blastoise. However, Charizard Y can carry Air Slash which Thick Fat does nothing to and should be able to 2HKO with it. The only question comes down to if Mega Venusaur can land a Sleep Powder and if Sludge Bomb can 2HKO.

Charizard Y can also hit Mega Blatoise with a one turn Solar Beam, and Sun reduces the damage he receives from water attacks. Water Pulse (common on Mega Blastoise) can confuse which might tilt the match into Blastoise's favor, but at most I can see it being a 3HKO while Solar Beam is probably a 2HKO.

The odds are in Charizard Y's favor however.

Top Bottom