• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Review Embargo Lifts on November 1

KOMANI

KOMANI
Anyone else think this game will review well because it's a kojima game? No one dares to criticize him.
Metal Gear has never been a series that reviewed overly well due to the development team like Gears, Halo or GTA (back when Epic and Bungie were creating their respective title). If anything, the opposite may occur.

Edit: unless Dan Ryckert reviews Death Stranding. That kid is a mark for Kojima.

Last edited:

Shrap

I can see this game getting a bad review only because it could be a walking simulator with a bare bones world but great story.
Yeah, it's giving me Gone Home walking sim vibes for sure. From the combat to the motorbike riding to the stealth mechanics. Even the climbing sections with the giant backpack ladder remind me a lot of Gone Home; that game was pretty famous for its giant backpack ladders.

Last edited:

Generic

Metal Gear has never been a series that reviewed overly well due to the development team like Gears, Halo or GTA (back when Epic and Bungie were creating their respective title). If anything, the opposite may occur.

Edit: unless Dan Ryckert reviews Death Stranding. That kid is a mark for Kojima.
But Kojima games are.

Phase

How I imagine Kojima this whole time

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Justin9mm

I really believe its going to either bomb or it's going to kill. I can't see there being any real in between for some reason, that's my gut feeling.

Saber

Gold Member
Pretty daring today, are we?

But gets me wondering...what the chances of this game gets attacked by today "game standarts"?

While im a fan of his games, i dont see this reviewing super high. I think at best itll be in the low 80s. Too odd of a game to appeal to everyone. That said, im a sucker for Kojima and will get that game day 1.

Daring. Either he has reviewers in his pocket or knows he created truly great game. He’s starting month-long campaign tour all over the world.

ROMhack

Anyone else think this game will review well because it's a kojima game? No one dares to criticize him.

Well yeah because that happens with every game these days. MGS4 had very few discerning voices dispute picking up a reputation like marmite among gamers.

Fbh

Kojima should release a review.

Hideo Kojima presents, a Hideo Kojima Review, Hideo Kojima in: "Death Stranding A Hideo Kojima game review by Hideo Kojima".
Written by Hideo Kojima
Edited by Hideo Kojima
Review Copy provided by Hideo Kojima

Javthusiast

Banned
I'm gonna be realistic and say in the 80s.

Although mgsv was overhyped as hell by critics, despite having only gameplay going for it and mission design, story, characters, etc. all failing.

Just look at this gamespot review quote.

When it comes to storytelling, there has never been a Metal Gear game that's so consistent in tone, daring in subject matter, and so captivating in presentation. The Phantom Pain may be a contender for one of the best action games ever made, but is undoubtedly the best Metal Gear game there is.

L to the fookin MAO

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
Kojima should release a review.

Hideo Kojima presents, a Hideo Kojima Review, Hideo Kojima in: "Death Stranding A Hideo Kojima game review by Hideo Kojima".
Written by Hideo Kojima
Edited by Hideo Kojima
Review Copy provided by Hideo Kojima
Special thanks from Hideo Kojima to Hideo Hojima.
Without Hideo Kojima's love and patience, Death Stranding would not be reviewed by Hideo Kojima.
This review is endorsed by Hideo Kojima and received a seal of approval from Hideo Kojima.

Last edited:

GHG

But I thought it was a walking simulator?

Be consistent with the doofy ass gamer nerd memes, please.

*clears throat*

It's actually a walkie talkie but even despite that the game is apparently too "pretentious" for people to understand.

giphy.gif

KàIRóS

To everyone doubting Death Stranding, here's the problem with your point of view, the director of the game has been making 90+ games his entire career, with ambitious storytelling and new ideas for gameplay and now according to you he has suddenly forgotten how to make a good game? it doesn't sound legit.

Top Bottom