• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Review Embargo Lifts on November 1

A common throughline I see here is that you guys seem to like not knowing what you're getting yourselves in for. Fair enough I guess. I don't need a full manuscript detailing everything, but personally I like to have atleast some idea what I'm putting money down on (although I suppose you all probably guessed that already).

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
A common throughline I see here is that you guys seem to like not knowing what you're getting yourselves in for. Fair enough I guess. I don't need a full manuscript detailing everything, but personally I like to have atleast some idea what I'm putting money down on (although I suppose you all probably guessed that already).

If you don't mind taking the hit, there's plenty of information floating about on the internet right now. The only snag is that its coming from people who generally have blitzed through the story, avoiding most side-content and I'd assume a lot of the async multi-player stuff because obviously that's a part of the game that's going to be accumulative and going to be very different once the game has been publicly available for some time.

I feel like I've been able to skim enough to confirm that its roughly what I expected it to be without spoiling too many specific plot points.
Spoiler free takeaways being: (1) its a long, slow-burn to begin with, (2) but the gameplay switches up significantly at some point, (3) its very narrative heavy, and (4) it looks absolutely stunning. There's a spoiler screenshot of a major event that looks nuts.

Beyond that, I've read some points about lore/mechanical details that indicate a pretty radically different sort of gameplay loop to what is usually found in open-world action games. Whether this is going to work (for me) or not is an open question at this point, but I'm 100% in to try it and see

TYRiAX

Are the metacritic, review and score threads the new Sony/Microsoft fanboys discussions?
Who cares for bloggers validation about a game you are (not) going to buy anyway. Geez.

I'll be actively avoiding these reviews/impressions like I do for most games... so business as usual for me I guess

This will be Kojima's magnum opus.

Won't be for everyone.

Will sell a lot.

Probably will get a sequel.

Kojima's next work will be again a Sony exclusive (might be DS2).

Death Stranding sequel will be called "Death Stranding: Double hubba bubba baby in a jar a Holdin."

It will be a Japan exclusive Pachinko machine where you drop little jar shaped objects with babies in them into different point values...for tickets! Lots of flashy shit on the screen and Japanese Norman Reedus talking about who the fuck knows what.

I honestly haven't seen a single thing that has given me any desire to even try the game. It has zero appeal to me up to now.

Top Bottom