• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deathloop is Now Free on Prime Gaming

Draugoth

Gold Member
EGS_DEATHLOOP_ArkaneStudios_S1_2560x1440-bf6d342edbd2411ccf24e326852fca93

As promised last week, today Amazon released the game Deathloop for free on Prime Gaming, and all Amazon Prime subscribers can now redeem the game at no extra cost on PC.

Note that Deathloop is free forever, and everyone who redeemed the game will keep the game forever on their Epic Games Store account if they grab it until Dec.14

Fbh

One of the few games this gen which I dropped.
It was sort of interesting at first but the gameplay loop quickly became tedious, also IMO once you unlock some decent weapons and a couple of powers you are mostly OP enough to trivialize most of the challenge.
Also I hated the invasion mechanic (at least disabling multiplayer made it slightly less annoying)

//DEVIL//

the number of free games I have on PC that are actually worth something by the time I got them, or the number of games I got for dirt cheap on PC compared to the console prices = PS5 and Xbox x 3 if not more.

PC itself is expensive yes compared to consoles. but man, it feels kinda good when you get games for almost nothing and games you want to play but you don't really justify its price lol.

Not talking about PC vs consoles here. but more of the fact that both MS and Sony are greedy and their sales are SHIT when it goes against the PC version.

Robb

Gold Member
Didn’t really click with me, although I liked the story/characters, levels and gameplay from what I played. But the loop system itself with the economy (specifically the Residuum collecting and loosing everything between loops) did not click with me at all. It just sucked the fun out of the entire experience for me unfortunately.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
I don't get the hate behind this game. I loved the loop system, if you're into immersive sims there's very little to dislike.

This is 100% not true. There is nothing "immersive" about Deathloop.

This game is whack. Boring, tedious and pretentious: it thinks it is smart when it really, really isn't.

If you can play this for free, go ahead. But don't pay money for this because it is extremely average.

Roberts

It took some time (played it first on PS5 but dropped due to shitty controls but picked it up on XSX when they patched it) but I ended up loving it when I figured out how the game works. It’s also surprisingly funny as pretty much everything Colt says is comedy gold. Poor guy, stuck in a loop with a major hangover.

trikster40

I actually quite loved the game. Was quite ingenious as long as you do NOT play with a guide. Figure it out on your own.

The only downside is once you beat it, you're pretty much done. The trophy cleanup was NOT fun.

Game was legit great. Cool characters, amazing visual style, gameplay loop that isn’t original at all but was done extremely well.

If I were making it I’d have removed the multiplayer aspect of the player invasion and removed her from “invading” at all. She should have been a regular character appearing in every level as another boss battle or story scene. Would have made the story stuff at the end much better imho.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Epic gave away Gigabash today, which is far more exciting than Deathloop. Especially if you’re a Kaiju fan.

//DEVIL//

So how much do I have to pay to get it free?
try your luck with free amazon 1 month. just google 1 month free amazon prime. if that doesn't work, create new amazon prime and put your credit card (that you didn't use before on your other amazon account ) and you will be qualified for 1 month amazon prime free.

once you have that you can get the game.

the number of free games I have on PC that are actually worth something by the time I got them, or the number of games I got for dirt cheap on PC compared to the console prices = PS5 and Xbox x 3 if not more.

PC itself is expensive yes compared to consoles. but man, it feels kinda good when you get games for almost nothing and games you want to play but you don't really justify its price lol.

Not talking about PC vs consoles here. but more of the fact that both MS and Sony are greedy and their sales are SHIT when it goes against the PC version.
I just checked and I have around 400 games in my Epic Games Library, all of them were freebie's...

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
deathloop 2 announcement, ps5 timed exclusive.
6 months trailer ad contract with SIE!!!!!!

calistan

Game was legit great. Cool characters, amazing visual style, gameplay loop that isn’t original at all but was done extremely well.

If I were making it I’d have removed the multiplayer aspect of the player invasion and removed her from “invading” at all. She should have been a regular character appearing in every level as another boss battle or story scene. Would have made the story stuff at the end much better imho.
I liked it too, in parts. Got rid of the multiplayer after the first time I got 'invaded' - that was an unwanted distraction.

Eventually gave up on the level with the artist woman in the reactor. The stealth seemed ineffective and as soon as I got spotted there was a countdown and still loads of enemies plus a boss to kill, and a puzzle to disable the reactor.

Must have failed that half a dozen times, and it was a long slog to get to that point every time.

>4 hours long tutorial

By the time I finished the tutorial I was so annoyed, the camper waiting for me right at the start made me alt+f4 and uninstall.
Just play Mooncrash.

Mooreberg

The prime gaming page now says it is available until January 10th. That's good, because speaking of loops and the EGS: How do you get EGS to stop perpetually trying to send six digit verification codes to an email account that no longer exists? The easy solution would seem to be the Email change page, except that tells you your new email address is invalid. Nevermind that this is the exact same email that I migrated PlayStation Network, Battle.net, Amazon, Best Buy, and every third party key store to, with zero difficulty. Between this and the quality level of Valve customer service, I'm instantly reminded why I've been drifting away from PC gaming for the past few years.

The game was kinda tedious, requiring to setup the world/events to trigger what you wanted to do in your current loop, again and again. It possibly could have been done once you unlock a configuration you can just retry with its settings, but no, only specific stuff gets unlocked/saved. Even after you figured out how to kinda quickly get everything as you want, it still takes some time to do it in the different time of the days and levels, which is naturally very repetitive, since mostly you can only do one thing at once.
I think the story was not really interesting. The basic premise might have been good, but the main plot was meh with the two main characters being entirely unlikable and working out the backstories for the other opponents could have helped, but that was kinda hidden for no good reason other than the usual find logs BS storytelling device that should already have been outdated 20 years ago.
I did not love it at all, but nevertheless it was at least interesting in its different approach to the genre and was not just another run of the mill game.
So far I think it is at least better than Returnal. That game seems even more unapproachable. Walking three steps forward and immediately two and a half back. Playing the goddamn same freshly arranged boring level pieces again and again.

Top Bottom