• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deathloop thoughts?

SquillieDee

I’m really considering dropping this game.

The gunplay is not good for a “first person shooter”. I understand it can be played a number of ways but I am just not finding it very fun.

I dig the art style and the aesthetic and the characters are really interesting but I just can’t get past the gameplay and how quickly you get wasted when you get spotted by the eternalists.

I really want to like the game and I understand you’re not supposed to blitz through it but how this game got a 10/10 is beyond me.
Deathloop is not an FPS, it is an immersive sim/rouglite game. If you play it like an FPS you won't enjoy it, you need to think outside of the box and use your powers in creative ways. Check out this video of Dishonoed 2 to get an idea of how these games are best played.

Salz01

I just finished earlier this week after putting it off for awhile. My least favorite arkane game. I actually grew to like the characters , since they look and act better than the dishonored series. But I prefer the game play and structure of dishonored. Really want a dishonored three. I like the invasion aspect , but the gun play in the invasion is just horrible.
Speaking of arkane their next game redfall looks decent, but those character models are a huge step back. How can one go from Deathloop characters to the abomination that is Redfall characters….

Roberts

I spent a lot of time fiddling around with gunplay settings and got to a point where I really like the controls. Day and night difference from default settings.

Playing as Colt: he just cracks me up all the time and has to be one of the most fun VA performances lately. It might sound like the game is not all that good, but I have been playing it on and off since it came out on GP. I just prefer to play it in small doses - a few runs per week. I guess I am in no hurry to complete but that in no way means it is boring or not good. It's great, the gameplay and story reveal mechanics are original.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It's a fine game, far from Arkane's best but a good single player experience with good acting and stuff.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The game feels very original, has its own style and reminds me of smart game design. The time loop is a bit of a gimmick but a good gimmick.

Certinty

I loved it and I didn’t really like the Dishonored games and hate the “roguelike” genre in general.

Gameplay was great and I loved jumping in and out of different areas at different points in time to experiment and further the story. Made it feel quite inventive.

Plus, the game wasn’t very long which sort of saved it as it otherwise it would have become very repetitive.

Story kind of sucked though especially the ending.

Top Bottom