• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DEEP DOWN - PS4 Exclusive, Random Dungeons+Monsters, Online Only play @ TGS

AngryBird

Banned
In February, the developers stated that "the development machines used at Capcom have Geforce GTX 680 and GTX 590 GPUs", although "the demo can run on a PC with an NVIDIA Geforce GTX 570, 8 GB of RAM, and an Intel Core i7 CPU". Some of you may have missed this.

Nevertheless, I think they are doing an admirable job porting it to the PS4, and in my opinion, technically unchallenged in console terms, particularly the fire effects using fluid dynamics.

PC
ibjxCz37mFXzrX.gif

PS4
dd3.gif

I'm not expert but...

The devs used pc specs of what they though the optimized game on PS4, after coding to the metal, would look like. These are only assumptions because they lack information or have no experience on the new console, hence it may look worse than the predicted or assumed "Target Render". The PS4 turned out not to be as powerful as they thought. Mind you, the game still looks beautiful, but the Feb demo was a wet dream. The game that was shown at Feb was basically at concept stage.

Having said that i'd like to make a small correction to you, PS4 devkit =/= PC and certainly would not run on a puny 570( what I have and fail to max most games) with that type of visuals and 1080p.

PC runs windows and they need "layers" or api's to make the game functional on PCs with different specs. This lowers performance not to mention most people do not have 680's or better, so a similar issue that happened with Crysis in 07 will happen, maybe bigger.

Feel free to correct me.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Those screens indicate that the game does render natively in 1280x720, with a good amount of AA though. The only screen that's not 720p is obviously supersampled from an even higher resolution.

gembel

so its possible to play single player only! but must be connected to internet since everything is dynamic it seems.

and 60 fps!

There will be a beta after the release of the PS4, and Ono-san wants it to begin as soon as possible.

pfft. lets go with november launch instead of february.

Sony has created an easy development environment for the PS4, and that’s a welcome change.
The quality showcased in the PlayStation Meeting in February was reached considerably quickly, and things like 60 frames per seconds are relatively easy to achieve.

well if it was easy what was sony doing to help? ;P

anyways. screen looks good. tweeting to aboyes and 3rd party team for the game.

Sanctuary

Randomly generated dungeons almost never end up giving as personal experience as those that are handcrafted. They also almost always lack the kind of detail handcrafted can get, but I'll have to wait and see what this engine can do.

Top Bottom