• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Def Jam: Icons Soundtrack/Characters Revealed..

The in-game soundtrack to Def Jam: Icon, the latest entry in the venerable rap label's fighting game franchise has just been announced.

The game, which will be available for Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, will feature no less than 29 tracks from such high profile rap artists as Ludacris, Lil Jon, Young Jeezy, The Game, T.I., and more.

For those who like prefer their Def Jam in 360, the music featured in the game will also feature an exclusive "My Soundtrack" mode for the Xbox 360, which will allow players to load any MP3 into the game and it will drive the environment and game play just like songs already included on the game's soundtrack. .

"Def Jam: Icon is the pinnacle of interactive music entertainment," says Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music and Music Marketing at EA. "For years, we have been leading the way in game soundtracks and this year we take it to an all new level with the fully interactive DEF JAM: ICON soundtrack. It is a real breakthrough that will forever change the relationship between music and gameplay."

Def Jam: Icon In-Game Track Listing

Big Boi (i.e., Purple Ribbon All-Stars feat. Big Boi) - "Kryptonite"

E-40 - "Tell Me When To Go"

E-40 - "Go Hard or Go Home"

Fat Joe - "Make It Rain"

Ghostface - "The Champ (Remix)"

Jim Jones - "Crunk Muzik"

Jim Jones - "We Fly High"

Konkrete feat. Big Boi - "What's that Smell"

Lil Jon - "Get Crunk"

Lil Jon (and the Eastside Boys) - "Get Low"

Ludacris - "Get Back"

M.O.P. - "Ante Up"

Method Man & Redman - "Da Rockwilder"

Mike Jones - "Back Then"

Mike Jones - "Got it Sewed Up - Remix"

Nas - "Hate Me Now"

Paul Wall - "Sittin' Sidewayz"

Paul Wall - "Trill"

Redman - "Rush Da Security"

Redman - "Let's Go"

Sean Paul - "Head in the Zone"

Sean Paul - "All Out"

T.I. - "What You Know"

T.I. - "Top Back"

The Game - "One Blood"

The Game - "Scream on 'Em"

Young Jeezy - "I Do This"

Young Jeezy - "Soul Survivor"

Young Joc - "It's Going Down"

My two cents: According to the soundtrack list... Big Boi, E-40, Fat Joe, Ghostface, Jim Jones, Konkrete, Lil Jon, Ludacris, M.O.P, Method Man, Redman, Mike Jones, Nas, Paul Wall, Sean Paul, T.I, The Game, Young Jeezy and Young Joc confirmed to be playable... :)

MMaRsu

Banned
Soundtrack looks okay apart from a few songs, **** that eastcoast shit like Young Jeezy and Lil Jon and Lil whackrappers like that.

This shit needs more Meth & Red songs that's what'up EA

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
shagg_187 said:
For those who like prefer their Def Jam in 360, the music featured in the game will also feature an exclusive "My Soundtrack" mode for the Xbox 360, which will allow players to load any MP3 into the game and it will drive the environment and game play just like songs already included on the game's soundtrack.
You know what that means...

defjamicon2007011607340ak4.jpg

+

StreetlightPeople.jpg

=

oldscarypeoplenx8.jpg

GCQuinton

Big Boi (i.e., Purple Ribbon All-Stars feat. Big Boi) - "Kryptonite"
E-40 - "Tell Me When To Go"
Fat Joe - "Make It Rain"
Ghostface - "The Champ (Remix)"
Ludacris - "Get Back"
M.O.P. - "Ante Up"
Method Man & Redman - "Da Rockwilder"
Nas - "Hate Me Now"
Redman - "Rush Da Security"
T.I. - "Top Back"
The Game - "One Blood"
Young Jeezy - "I Do This"

My picks outta the bunch, but it should be interesting to see how the tracks actually work when the demo comes out.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Ryu1999 said:
Black Republican would have been better, but Hate Me Now had a good beat

Hate me now makes you want to slap the shit out of somebody, however, Ante Up makes you want to slap the shit out of everybody. Great soundtrack

I'm not very hip hop. I barely know who half those guys are.

How about Metal: Icon.
Lemmy vs. Ozzy
Halford vs. Dickenson (better watch his ass)
Hetfield vs. Mustaine

There's a game I could play. Don't get me started on the OST.

Who's with me?

Odrion

Banned
Oh god please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please have a character creator to go with that sound track editor. I want to make my own artists and have them fight each other.

Captain N

Odrion said:
Oh god please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please have a character creator to go with that sound track editor. I want to make my own artists and have them fight each other.

they said you can do that in a video interview..maybe gametrailers or ign.

Odrion

Banned
**** yeeeeeeees. MC Frontalot vs. Ghostface comfirmed.

But will this feature be in the online mode? This could open up a whole new meta-verse of people fighting as their favorite artists.

(Thom Yorke vs. Chris Martin! Hahahaha.)

Prine

Banned
T.I. - "What You Know"

T.I. - "Top Back"

AWESOME!! Can imagin the environments reacting to the beats of these 2 tunes

Fight music.... although would LOVE to see Three Six Mafia in there too. Now theres osme music to get you pumped

Body Parts!

KGKK said:
Why does the PS3 not have the custom soundtrack feature?

Because the PS3 doesn't have the custom soundtrack feature integrated into its OS. They said they coded it into the game so when PS3 finally adds the feature, it will be ready.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
BenjaminBirdie said:
Because the PS3 doesn't have the custom soundtrack feature integrated into its OS. They said they coded it into the game so when PS3 finally adds the feature, it will be ready.

I haven't heard this feature mentioned as a possible in EONS... is it still on tap somewhere down the road?

KGKK

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:

Oh thats good the hear. Hopefully the next firmware update will feature it.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
So I imagine I'll just rip both Young Jeezy albums to my hard drive and play that way. DEEEEEEEEEEEEEMN.

I just remembered something I always wanted to ask about the original def jam vendetta game but never did.

How come you couldn't listen to the rap with the lyrics in matches but you could in the menus? had the gamecube version. Maybe Aki were doing me a favour.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
DigitalSoul said:
Key word in the title is Def Jam. If you're not into the hip-hop scene, I doubt you're going to know who these people are.

I've played the the previous installment. Just cuz it's hip-hop oriented game doesn't stop me from playing this. I wonder how's it gonna groove to death metal since the surroundings move around the music.

aku:jiki

There's a lot of BAAALLLLLIIIIIIIINNNNN on the soundtrack, but that's okay because british rapper Kano is a playable character! :D

Top Bottom