• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Def Jam Rapstar |OT|

4 more songs showed up on the PSN Store today:

Def Jam Rapstar: Luniz – I Got Five On It ($1.99)
(Music Downloads Not Rated by the ESRB) Expand your DEF JAM RAPSTAR library with this song: “Luniz – I Got 5 On It”. DEF JAM RAPSTAR game disc is required to play this downloadable content.
File size: 48 MB

Def Jam Rapstar: The Pharcyde – Passin’ Me By ($1.99)
(Music Downloads Not Rated by the ESRB) Expand your DEF JAM RAPSTAR library with this song: “The Pharcyde – Passin’ Me By”. DEF JAM RAPSTAR game disc is required to play this downloadable content.
File size: 53 MB

Def Jam Rapstar: Chamillionaire – Ridin’ ($1.99)
(Music Downloads Not Rated by the ESRB) Expand your DEF JAM RAPSTAR library with this song: “Chamillionaire – Ridin’”. DEF JAM RAPSTAR game disc is required to play this downloadable content.
File size: 47 MB

Def Jam Rapstar: New Boyz – You’re A Jerk ($1.99)
(Music Downloads Not Rated by the ESRB) Expand your DEF JAM RAPSTAR library with this song: “New Boyz – You’re A Jerk”. DEF JAM RAPSTAR game disc is required to play this downloadable content.
File size: 38 MB

wallbc01

Neo Member
not understanding why there is a difference in psn and xbox live tracks but the tracks psn got this week, live had last week. here are songs live gets this week.

Young Dro – Shoulder Lean
Lil Wayne - Got Money
Rich Boy – Throw Some D’s
Shawty Lo - Dey Know
Dorrough - Ice Cream Paint Job
Fabolous - Make Me Better

picked up ridin, and i got 5 on it for psn this week. prob pick up shoulder lean, got money, and make me better next week if available on psn

Argyle

So there was a preorder bonus for this game from Amazon, right?

I had this preordered (PS3 version) for the longest time, before they made that offer - did anyone get codes for the free songs from Amazon? Was it Xbox only or do I have to send them an email?

Argyle said:
So there was a preorder bonus for this game from Amazon, right?

I had this preordered (PS3 version) for the longest time, before they made that offer - did anyone get codes for the free songs from Amazon? Was it Xbox only or do I have to send them an email?
Im still waiting on my amazon xbox pre order codes. I saw some konami site last week that said codes won't be taken care of until today, so hopefully something happens soon

BradleyUK

This game has Soulja boy in it, so it will be shit.

I saw this game at Eurogamer Expo and they were trying ro push this game so hard but the mics were terrible because you couldn't hear them rapping.

wallbc01 said:
not understanding why there is a difference in psn and xbox live tracks but the tracks psn got this week, live had last week. here are songs live gets this week.

Young Dro – Shoulder Lean
Lil Wayne - Got Money
Rich Boy – Throw Some D’s
Shawty Lo - Dey Know
Dorrough - Ice Cream Paint Job
Fabolous - Make Me Better

picked up ridin, and i got 5 on it for psn this week. prob pick up shoulder lean, got money, and make me better next week if available on psn
Ugh, I'm nor happy about the different DLC music between PSN and XBL. I REALLY want Make Me Better, but have it on PS3.

Amir0x

Banned
oh my god these rap videos are hilarious. white pasty nerds rapping...this entire website is comedy gold. Def Jam Rapstar value justified.

Amir0x said:
oh my god these rap videos are hilarious. white pasty nerds rapping...this entire website is comedy gold. Def Jam Rapstar value justified.
Ha, that's exactly what I thought when watching the videos when I first got the game.

sent Amazon an email and they said I should receive my preorder codes by the end of the day today. Hopefully.

I would like to do some Rapper's Delight/Passin' Me By/I Got 5 On It over the weekend :p

TwiztidElf

Does anyone know if the XB360 version of this is region free?
The Aus release looks like it's pushed into 2011, and the English version looks like they've dropped a couple of good tracks for localized bullshit.

TwiztidElf said:
Does anyone know if the XB360 version of this is region free?
The Aus release looks like it's pushed into 2011, and the English version looks like they've dropped a couple of good tracks for localized bullshit.

Not region free I am afraid mate.

Has the Aussie version got any local tracks. You have got some dope rappers out there that deserve some hype..

Or is it like the UK where the good stuff get pushed aside for the wack shit!!

TwiztidElf

I have no idea about the Aussie version. If they had some Hilltop Hoods or The Herd, that'd be great. Maybe that's why it's pushed so far back?

Damn, the UK version has dropped an Ice Cube track and a Public Enemy track from the US version. Seriously, WTF?

TwiztidElf said:
I have no idea about the Aussie version. If they had some Hilltop Hoods or The Herd, that'd be great. Maybe that's why it's pushed so far back?

Damn, the UK version has dropped an Ice Cube track and a Public Enemy track from the US version. Seriously, WTF?

Yeah I cant believe they did that man. Very disappointed!

soul creator said:
"Wu-Tang Week"

Ghostface Killah - "Cherchez La Ghost"
Method Man and Redman - "How High"
Raekwon - "Ice Cream"
Wu-Tang Clan - "Protect Ya Neck"

though I don't see the discounted pack that they mention

"Ice Cream"?

:lol

Wow.

I guess they're all metaphors so it's okay.

nodle

Does anyone know what type of mics these come with? Are they wired or wireless. If I already have singstar mics for my PS3 should I just pickup the game only then for the PS3?

nodle said:
Does anyone know what type of mics these come with? Are they wired or wireless. If I already have singstar mics for my PS3 should I just pickup the game only then for the PS3?

It comes with a wireless mic. The game will work with all 3rd and 1st party mics.

nodle

MassiveAttack said:
It comes with a wireless mic. The game will work with all 3rd and 1st party mics.

Both the PS3 and xbox360 come with a wireless mic? I thought I read online they were only wired. What version do you have?

lljride

So does anyone know when the Wu Tang pack will show up on PSN? Haven't really kept up with the release news outside of what's already out on the PS store. Just about lost my shit when I saw Protect Ya Neck listed.

just popped in the disc again today and noticed that Kinect support is in (just for recording videos, of course). I could be misremembering things, but it seems to be way better quality than the 360 vision camera as well.

Also, the Wu-Tang pack should be up on PSN. No idea why there's lag time between PSN and Xbox Live DLC though.

Hopefully someone can help me.

I got a new TV for X-mas and when I try to play this, I can connect the mic fine and it detects it, but because I have speakers in the back of my TV it does not calibrate correctly with my mic, and the only way to calibrate with it is to put the mic in front of the speaker(ie, reach behind my tv). When I go to play songs, I get "weak lyrics" on every single line even though I know the songs just fine. I have tried to re-calibrate, raise the volume and do normal calibration(in front of my tv), but to no avail, any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Patriotsbball5460 said:
Hopefully someone can help me.

I got a new TV for X-mas and when I try to play this, I can connect the mic fine and it detects it, but because I have speakers in the back of my TV it does not calibrate correctly with my mic, and the only way to calibrate with it is to put the mic in front of the speaker(ie, reach behind my tv). When I go to play songs, I get "weak lyrics" on every single line even though I know the songs just fine. I have tried to re-calibrate, raise the volume and do normal calibration(in front of my tv), but to no avail, any help would be MUCH appreciated!

360/PS3/Wii?

You don't accidentally have a different mic plugged in or something do you? Otherwise, I have no idea :/

Only issues I've had (on 360) is that the wireless mics aren't as accurate scoring wise compared to the wired ones.

TwiztidElf

Australian version finally came out this week.
I can confirm that we got the US tracklist and not the nerfed EU tracklist.
Glad I held out and didn't cave and order from UK.

Chairhome

Awesome. This game is showing up on clearance at Target. Some people have gotten the mic bundle for either system for as low as $12.48, I got mine for $24.98 but didn't want to wait for the next drop cause there were only a few left.

Just checked the DLC list on wiki and wow, they have a lot of songs! They were supporting up to about a month ago. Probably gonna have to pick up a good chunk of songs, can't wait.

IrishNinja

finally jumped on this one - was @ $18 on amazon used, and the box was beatup but the game itself and mic were both new/unwrapped, great deal! only sorry i missed out on some of the preorder DLC.

lotta fun, should be a great party game for other hip-hop fans. im eyeing the backpacker pack (mos, talib, and com) as well as that Wu one. lotta other singles id love to jump on but $2/track seems a bit much to be honest, so i gotta play favorites.

support this title, GAF - fellow GAF-HOP member soul creator worked on it!

Just bought this game, I'm absolutely loving it.

But it seems like a lot of the DLC was removed. I visited the store and I'm not seeing ANY of the tracks I saw on the lists online or the ones listed here.

Did something happen?

JackEtc

Just bought this game, I'm absolutely loving it.

But it seems like a lot of the DLC was removed. I visited the store and I'm not seeing ANY of the tracks I saw on the lists online or the ones listed here.

Did something happen?
I actually just got it today, too. 360 version. Before buying it, I looked at the list of songs available as DLC on Wikipedia, and really was excited by some of the tracks listed (More than a lot of the on disk tracks, in fact). However, I'm having the same problem and I can't seem to find any of the DLC for it at all. What's up?

Didn't even know the DLC was removed until you mentioned it...I wonder if my already downloaded DLC still works.

Can anyone confirm this?

And yea it's a bummer.

Also, why wasn't this game more popular? With all the DLC gone and the community feature disabled, someone needs to take another crack at this genre.

Can anyone confirm this?

And yea it's a bummer.

Also, why wasn't this game more popular? With all the DLC gone and the community feature disabled, someone needs to take another crack at this genre.

well, I was able to play the DLC I already had on my hard drive (360 version). Leaderboards still work as well. Trying to go to the store though just now has a few instrumental tracks for the freestyle mode, but none of the real DLC.

JackEtc

well, I was able to play the DLC I already had on my hard drive (360 version). Leaderboards still work as well. Trying to go to the store though just now has a few instrumental tracks for the freestyle mode, but none of the real DLC.

Damn, so there is literally NO way for new players to get DLC? That's really disappointing.

Top Bottom