• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Defiance |OT| If Borderlands was a B2P MMO with a SyFy TV-series half-sister

Is there a way to store loot at all? I keep getting mods for things I don't have, and even with the +10 inventory it's still pretty tight right from the get go with the bonus items too.

Is there a way to store loot at all? I keep getting mods for things I don't have, and even with the +10 inventory it's still pretty tight right from the get go with the bonus items too.
Nope, put 20+ hours in the Beta and inventory was all you had..Sell the mods if they aren't earthshattering, you'll have 20 inventory slots before you know it, make a point of keeping only what you need, at least at first..

Enjoyed the hell out of beta, definitely going to pick one for PS3. Though PC has more features and better graphics it's mediocre at best there, on consoles on the other hand it's quite charming experience.

ShogunX

Playing this now on 360 (Europe). Quite a few people people in the world and even some in crazy hot vehicles.

Haven't done much yet, Just getting to grips with the game.

Mims

Is there a way to pick up new weapons without it automatically equipping it. Its starting to get really annoying have to change back to the weapons I was using. Other than that I'm having alot of fun with the game.

Is there a way to pick up new weapons without it automatically equipping it. Its starting to get really annoying have to change back to the weapons I was using. Other than that I'm having alot of fun with the game.
Just tap the button, hold it to equip and replace current weapon

Got the game on Friday from an independent store. Haven't been able to get past the main menu until about an hour ago.

I see. Also game appeared on US PSN store but not on EU one. I also love how discounted EU version of the game still costs more than undiscounted US one. Fuck you Sony and your regional prices.

How the hell do you roll on the controller?

It's double crouch IIRC.

Nice OT, I was wondering when it was gonna get posted. I'm getting it on 360, GT is TKRunningRiot.

Is someone planning on making a GAF gamertag for this?

Also you guys should check out the Defiance website/forums for the Ark Hunter Codes. Gets you a bunch of stuff like in-game items, extra inventory slots, weapon skills, etc...In order to get all the goodies you gotta enter like 120 of them, but it doesn't take that long and you can copy and paste them in.

Was checking out the show and saw they had a panel at Comic-Con. I thought this video was awesome because it shows the main character (Grant Bowler) knows some of his stuff about MMOs and in particular, EVE Online.

www.defiance.com/en/series/video/2629890

I really hope the show does well. Watch it!
He's horrible at this game (maybe because he's left handed? it seemed like he kept moving the look stick instead of the move one) from a livestream i saw on twitch, but that dude asked some great questions, throughout. it was refreshing to say the least!

ShogunX

Also you guys should check out the Defiance website/forums for the Ark Hunter Codes. Gets you a bunch of stuff like in-game items, extra inventory slots, weapon skills, etc...In order to get all the goodies you gotta enter like 120 of them, but it doesn't take that long and you can copy and paste them in.

Thanks just did this and got a few upgrades, weapons but best of all a nice little quad bike.

Here is the post about the codes - http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?2698-Confirmed-Ark-Codes-*Updated*

and you enter them at - www.defiance.com/arkhunter

Obscured

Was surprised I hadn't heard more about this sooner. Advertising in SciFi (yeah, I know they changed the name and I am not calling if that) is what actually alerted me to it. Sounds like something that would give 12 year old me a heart attack of joy, and I still give 12 year old me a lot of credence.

Is this worth picking up? PC or 360?

Was surprised I hadn't heard more about this sooner. Advertising in SciFi (yeah, I know they changed the name and I am not calling if that) is what actually alerted me to it. Sounds like something that would give 12 year old me a heart attack of joy, and I still give 12 year old me a lot of credence.

Is this worth picking up? PC or 360?
12 year Old me and the current me both got a kick out of it, i would recommend viewing some of the vids to get a better gist of whats on offer!

Xander51

Pre-ordered this on PS3 earlier today after being surprised at the quality of the PC beta. Looking forward to playing! PSN name is Xander51, if anyone wants to add me.

I also watched that 14 minute preview of the first episode of the show that's out there. It looks...okay? Certainly higher-budget than most of Syfy's faire. They're really going all-out on this I think.

M.W.

Finally, the OT. Nice job. I'll be playing the 360 version starting tomorrow afternoon. Stoked.

Is anyone else having trouble logging into Trion Worlds? It says either my login or password is wrong. It's not. I also tried resetting the password several times. I was logged in earlier today but after logging out my account seems to have been removed or something. Lovely.

MooseKing

Banned
It's really nothing like borderlands short of the name of some things. Combat is shit, no humour at all, not much creativity.

Shady859

Any brave soul try the 360 version in the US? I tried the final weekend beta and it was an absolute joke. Horrible log in troubles that finally they "fixed" by requiring you to delete your gamer profile and then import it back onto your console. Then if you were lucky enough to have that work you met by constant game crashes and freezes. Got so bad they had the official forums under post moderation. It seemed somewhat interesting and different but the beta left a bad taste in my mouth.

For anyone playing on the EU servers (pc obviously) , is there more lag than in the last beta? (or less?)

For the most part the beta didn't lag and it was enjoyable, but any lag really ruins this type of game completely.

ShogunX

Just put the game back on the 360 and instead of loading up I'm greeted with a 13 minute wait whilst it ''recovers the manifest''. I have a feeling the game is going to download all of the data again as well.

It is now also telling me the game has not yet launched despite the servers being up last night. Bit shit.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I only played for about 5 minutes in beta so this was all rather new to me. Got in a few hours and it is pretty good. The PvP battlegrounds were kinda terrible though.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Really don't like MMOs, but for sone reason, I'm this close to impulse-buying a PS3 copy. Love shooter-looters ala Borderlands.

Wary of the MMO component, though.

Joe Molotov

The spreadsheet should probably have a cell for our public username or whatever it's called instead of just character name.

StMeph

Picked this up at the urging of my brother. Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but will be rolling a character tonight.

ironcreed

Banned
Ugh, I decided I was going to maybe wait, but I really want this game. I may end up getting it after all before the week is out. Nice OT, btw.

nataku

Queues, ugh. I though a single server game MMO would be past that.

Can't even alt tab out because it crashed the game when I do.

51 minutes to go!

-NeoTB1-

The queues won't bother me so long as they are only present for the first week or two of launch (and with big content updates/dlc/expansions). I've played enough MMO's in my time to just accept them as in inevitability.

My copy is out for delivery!

Effect

Is the game more of a console game ported to PC or a PC game ported to console. The chat system and many parts of the interface from PC streams last night caused me to think this is more of a console designed shooter and not really a PC mmo.

I would like to try it out at some point but not at $60. Been burned by to many MMO. So I'll wait for it to go on sale. Especially if there is a DLC pass they want you to get or just DLC in general (you likely are going to be force to buy to make playing worthwhile) because there is no subscription.

Top Bottom