Demon's Souls |OT2| Soulsuckingly brilliant RPG full of Demon's Crack

Oct 31, 2007
2,606
11
935
Ontario, Canada
#2
I love this game so much. My game of the year so far, even though it came out last year. Can't wait to see what Project Dark looks like. I think I'll go play right now, actually...
 

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sep 1, 2006
58,593
20
1,285
-
#4
Wow the new OP, or was the original one like that :lol
 
Jan 23, 2009
6,851
0
0
#5
No! No! No! Why did you do this duckroll?

At least you can give us warning so we can pay tribute to the legendary, longest active thread
 
Feb 10, 2008
3,596
0
0
West LA
#10
JUST IN TIME! I just bought this game due to the Amazon lightning deal, gonna play tonight hopefully. Planning on rolling a Royalty or A Templar Knight. That is unless gaf convinces me otherwise.
 
Aug 31, 2007
21,002
0
0
www.youtube.com
#13
DemiMatt said:
JUST IN TIME! I just bought this game due to the Amazon lightning deal, gonna play tonight hopefully. Planning on rolling a Royalty or A Templar Knight. That is unless gaf convinces me otherwise.
Amazon is the anti-christ to my productivity. I'm pretty sure I know who I'm rolling with to start.
 
Oct 22, 2009
22,084
0
0
#15
DemiMatt said:
JUST IN TIME! I just bought this game due to the Amazon lightning deal, gonna play tonight hopefully. Planning on rolling a Royalty or A Templar Knight. That is unless gaf convinces me otherwise.
Nope, those are both great choices. Just make sure you spend your first few soul levels to increase magic and pick up the soul arrow. VERY useful in the early game.
 

Tucah

you speak so well
Feb 27, 2008
9,203
0
0
#16
I plan on starting this again sometime today. I had bought it back in January or so, hated it, and never touched the game again. I need to give it another try.
 
Feb 10, 2008
3,596
0
0
West LA
#19
weekend_warrior said:
Nope, those are both great choices. Just make sure you spend your first few soul levels to increase magic and pick up the soul arrow. VERY useful in the early game.
Good to know thanks. I just chose them because I like using pole arms, and I forget why the Royal, but it sparked my interest.

Amazon is the anti-christ to my productivity. I'm pretty sure I know who I'm rolling with to start.
Seriously, all these games ive been wanting are now coming 20 bucks, so wo0o!
 
Oct 6, 2007
3,614
0
0
#23
The true Demon's Souls starts here.

Question - They're not planning on cutting the servers off any time soon, right? I've had this game quite a while now, and I've yet to try the real online aspect of the game.
 
Jan 23, 2009
6,851
0
0
#26
Firehead said:
The true Demon's Souls starts here.

Question - They're not planning on cutting the servers off any time soon, right? I've had this game quite a while now, and I've yet to try the real online aspect of the game.

Eventhough, it's already a bit late, servers have slowed down. Newcomers are definitely missing out on the full Demon's Souls experience
 
Dec 11, 2008
10,608
0
0
#27
Happy to see this amazing game became this popular. I need to start playing this again. I got a slim recently to replace my fat ps3 and haven't gotten around to making a new character. I only got up to 2-3 or so overall I never made it too far so I shouldn't be too worried. No idea what class I want to be though. As opposed to the knight which I first chose, I think I may want something that utilizes magic more.
 
Nov 14, 2009
3,978
0
0
Paris
#34
Coldsnap said:
Im fascinated by this game.

Anyone have any tips for a beginning Temple Knight? I killed phalanx and working through 2-1 with a spear.
4-1. Crescent falchion behind the red eye katana wielder. Don't fight him, just roll past and mash X to pick-up the falchion.
 
Dec 11, 2008
5,263
0
0
Florida
#36
BaronLundi said:
4-1. Crescent falchion behind the red eye katana wielder. Don't fight him, just roll past and mash X to pick-up the falchion.
Cool, I will make a mad dash for it. Should I be putting my stuff into Faith so when I get blessed weapons? Is this the best build for Temple Knight?
 
Feb 6, 2006
5,239
1
0
37
www.youtube.com
#37
Coldsnap said:
Im fascinated by this game.

Anyone have any tips for a beginning Temple Knight? I killed phalanx and working through 2-1 with a spear.
I played through as either the Temple Knight, or Knight, I don't remember. Whichever one starts with the armor of the guy on the cover.

I played through using bow and arrow, long sword, and spear.

My tips would be: Whenever truly stuck, try switching to two handed weapon style, rather than sword/shield, and see what that does for you. Master the dodge! If you time it right, you are totally invulnerable to most attacks when dodge jumping. It is also a move that is available to you very soon after attacking. Many times, with my playthrough, it was a choice between dodging correctly, and getting hit. There was no time to recover and block with shield. This helped a lot with enemies with long reaching melee attacks, like Tower Knight. Get real familiar with enemy attacks timing. Falling back, but dropping your shield will recharge your stamina much faster, and allow you to block more readily. It has saved my ass tons of times. Often, an enemy will totally dominate you unless you know the secret tricks to getting your stamina back up ASAP!
 
Sep 28, 2009
2,831
0
670
39
Bellingham, WA
#39
dreamer3kx said:
Anybody have any recommendations on which worlds to go through in order?
1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1, 5-1, 2-2, 2-3, 4-2, 4-3, 3-2, 3-3, 5-2, 5-3, 1-3, 1-4.

This works if you want to suicide and do black/white tendencies in one run. Also you can get the bow and kill the red dragon early, also get the blessed mace +1 in 5-1 before entering 4-1.

I only have about 6 more weapons to improve to get my plat, once you get over the first new game+, it gets easier imo.
 
Jul 16, 2007
5,893
0
0
#40
bunbun777 said:
1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1, 5-1, 2-2, 2-3, 4-2, 4-3, 3-2, 3-3, 5-2, 5-3, 1-3, 1-4.

This works if you want to suicide and do black/white tendencies in one run. Also you can kill the red dragon early and get the bow, also get the blessed mace +1 in 5-1 before entering 4-1.

I only have about 6 more weapons to improve to get my plat, once you get over the first new game+, it gets easier imo.
Ah, thanks man, will try this order.
 
Apr 10, 2007
14,039
15
900
#41
bah ducksu, in the previous thread i had asked if anyone knew of a guide i could use to get through the game with no hassles.

Anyone? :p There are 2 guides on gamefaqs but one is a pvp guide and the other one is a bit dodgy :eek:
 
Dec 5, 2007
3,002
70
925
Ozarks MO
#43
Coldsnap said:
Cool, I will make a mad dash for it. Should I be putting my stuff into Faith so when I get blessed weapons? Is this the best build for Temple Knight?
YES.

FAI, END, and VIT are crucial for Temple Knight (my fav class). END and VIT more so in the beginning.

STR and DEX should only go as high as you need to equip the weapons/shields you want to use. Dont forget about the two-hand STR bonus when leveling STR.

Dont touch MAG or LUC.

Id say use a dragon weapon or that crescent falchion for the first half of the game or so, until you can build some really sweet blessed weapons.

Get the Second Chance miracle as quickly as possible. (requires a demon's soul - forget which)
 
Dec 11, 2008
5,263
0
0
Florida
#45
Broseybrose said:
YES.

FAI, END, and VIT are crucial for Temple Knight (my fav class). END and VIT more so in the beginning.

STR and DEX should only go as high as you need to equip the weapons/shields you want to use. Dont forget about the two-hand STR bonus when leveling STR.

Dont touch MAG or LUC.

Id say use a dragon weapon or that crescent falchion for the first half of the game or so, until you can build some really sweet blessed weapons.

Get the Second Chance miracle as quickly as possible. (requires a demon's soul - forget which)
Awesome thanks so much. One question, what does END play into for the Temple Knight?
 
Oct 19, 2007
10,992
0
0
backloggery.com
#46
Sep 7, 2006
5,854
0
1,020
Rotterdam
#48
Bought a copy a week ago and still haven't opened it. I'm expecting an involving non casual game experience so I'm waiting for some free time before I start with this one. I can't wait though.
 
Dec 5, 2007
3,002
70
925
Ozarks MO
#49
Coldsnap said:
Awesome thanks so much. One question, what does END play into for the Temple Knight?
END - 40 is max stamina. You can swing X amount of times at an opponent before stopping to let your stamina regen. Higher stamina = more swings.

END does many other important things like archnemesis mentioned. Most important stat for a melee character, i believe.