• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Denny's ad campaign for new pancakes recipe: "may be the best pancakes out there"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously is there a difference between those Euro-pancakes an crepes? Is that difference really enough to call them a completely different name instead of crepes? Especially when they are not cake-like in any way?

Tehalemi

b9qoGeG.jpg

You're eating a freakin' UFO dude! D^8

bounchfx

lol at marketing, this is a pretty blatant and desperate attempt

or as i might say, full of shit. but I'll never know for sure since I'll never try them. Schrodinger's pancakes.

FrsDvl

Seriously is there a difference between those Euro-pancakes an crepes? Is that difference really enough to call them a completely different name instead of crepes? Especially when they are not cake-like in any way?

Oh yes, crepes are completely different, crepes are thinner, and have a different flavour. The pancakes taste different than the US pancakes too, better if you ask me.

John Blade

tumblr_o379lvozSY1tfb63io1_1280.jpg

I guess no pancake is better than the pancake above. If anyone want to know, google rice cooker pancake and you should find out more of how to make it. I guess if you're a lazy one, you can make a pancake like this and still good enough to eat. Why go to Denny when you make the best thick pancake you can every eat.

tumblr_o379lvozSY1tfb63io1_1280.jpg

I guess no pancake is better than the pancake above. If anyone want to know, google rice cooker pancake and you should find out more of how to make it. I guess if you're a lazy one, you can make a pancake like this and still good enough to eat. Why go to Denny when you make the best thick pancake you can every eat.

Thick pancakes are awful.

Read this as "Disney's" for some reason.
Whew! I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one.

When I realized it was Denny's, though, I called bullshit. Their food is categorically not good. It's been a long time since I've had breakfast there and that is[/] generally pretty easy to make/not fuck up.

Denny's customers have shitty taste. Shocking news.
They are slightly thicker than crepes.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Denny's, Applebees and IHOP seem to serve variations on tv dinners. Like, production line reheated crap. I'm not sure if that's what they are actually doing but that's definitely the impression the food leaves. However I swear that when I first moved to the states all three seemed to serve mediocre but freshly made real food.

Am I old and crazy or did they all change radically?

I just had two. They're definitely thicker and fluffier than before. I'd place the taste in between McDonalds and IHOP. So if you like those, give these a try too.

rekameohs

Banned
People eat that shit for breakfast? In my country that classifies as fucking lunch.

That was the thing that really scared me going to New York for the first time. You couldn't get a decent breakfast.
Yeah New York is really known for having a severe lack of food options.

Wait, what

I love pancakes, but I can't imagine eating them for breakfast and actually being productive that day. They're more of a late night meal with the pancakes being super awesome desert.

Apt101

Pancake/crepe elitism is a thing?

Yes, and it's funny because crepes are just the soggy little struggle brothers of pancakes. It's like being elitist about eating only McDonalds hamburgers instead of good burgers from a proper restaurant.

At which Dennys do you work?

Asking for a friend.
One of the busiest ones in FL. Will leave it at that =p

I used to be a cook at Denny's. The nachos were awesome. I always made my own though. And used half the chips, because an order had way to many. And then I would place my plate up in the window, and then walk to the other side and grab it and go to break without paying. Every single day.

I will consede to it being a "to each their own" thing. The nachos are really popular. I just personally prefer the meat on my nachos to be like.. chunks of meat, and not mostly liquid slop.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I went to Denny's for my first time today, and yeah, these pancakes are amazing. I don't even like pancakes.
I guess I'll try them sometime. I always thought Denny's pancakes were too... stretchy? They had something weird going on so I always got the french toast. I doubt the improved pancakes will be better than french toast, which is the GOAT, but perhaps they'll now approach the pancakes I make at home.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Yes, and it's funny because crepes are just the soggy little struggle brothers of pancakes. It's like being elitist about eating only McDonalds hamburgers instead of good burgers from a proper restaurant.

Soggy crepes? They don't even get soggy when sitting in a pool of pure Quebec maple syrup. Pancakes will absorb all the syrup, get soggy and fall apart into a crumbling mess.

The only thing getting wet is the panties when this Frenchman makes crepes, then they drop.

KrkurjE.jpg

9vC5qmD.jpg

I'm a fan of non-fluffy pancakes. The denserthe consistency the better, no air bubbles please. I make them very thin compared to regular pancakes.

KHlover

Banned
TJbqspo.jpg

That is a good looking layer cake.

Where are the pancakes?

Pic below related. It is pancakes.

028.jpg

They can hate all they want, these are still the best. Oh well, what to expect from a site that can't differentiate between sandwiches and bread with topping.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Are people really able to eat these piles of like 10 pancakes they love to picture in one meal?

Fritz

Are pancakes gross to foreigners or something? They're delicious.

I'll give them a try if im ever near a denny's.

No, they are freaking delicious. What grosses us out is the gluttony and the idea that people consider this a viable food option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom