• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 character creator is almost identitical to the Destiny's

Future

Yeah, the pose there is all WTF. The weapons aren't even aligned with the model's forearm, making it look like they don't know how to hold a weapon or like an action figure that had a toy weapon popped into their hand, regardless of how it fits.

destiny12characterjmu1g.jpg

Look at the alignment of the weapon model on the right.

This, specifically, is nitpicky when compared to the copy/paste editor job, but it's sort of an amateurish first impression.

Just started a new game, and it's more of a problem with the titan model versus the hunters. My new hunter looks pretty on par with destiny 1 but the titan model and standing pose is terrible. Warlock isn't bad either

Honestly changing the gear around it really looks like the female characters are a female head and torso but the arms and legs are a male's
(like they only did new armor models on the female torso but the other parts are the same as a male's).

jett

D-Member
Honestly changing the gear around it really looks like the female characters are a female head and torso but the arms and legs are a male's
(like they only did new armor models on the female torso but the other parts are the same as a male's).
I don't think that's true. I think there's less of a visual difference between the two genders, but I might be seeing things.

I kinda miss how male/female guardians had different stances in D1. It was a neat little detail.

nillapuddin

deleted one of my character slots to try a new one, was completely flabbergasted that it was the exact same 7-8 options as D1. (EXO)

I don't think that's true. I think there's less of a visual difference between the two genders, but I might be seeing things.

I kinda miss how male/female guardians had different stances in D1. It was a neat little detail.

I think that suit is one of the few that doesn't apply to, especially because it has the damaged variant.

Refugee armor comparatively is way less armor but the arms and legs are like as thick as a male's vs heavy armor undersuits in Destiny 1.

Van Bur3n

When you still can't do something as simple as beards in your big budget AAA game.

But this is why we just play as Exos. They looker shiner in D2.

Tovarisc

I think that suit is one of the few that doesn't apply to, especially because it has the damaged variant.

Refugee armor comparatively is way less armor but the arms and legs are like as thick as a male's vs heavy armor undersuits in Destiny 1.

In pictures it looks like your Guardian has beard...

ethomaz

Banned
I disagree, I remember people being amazed by how good the moon looked.
Well I'm telling you my experience with both games... I even played one after other to get my last trophy before play D2.

D2 looks miles ahead D1 on the same machine (PS4).

Even the scenarios similar to VoG in D2 looks way more detailed and beautiful than D1.

MaKTaiL

Well I'm telling you my experience with both games... I even played one after other to get my last trophy before play D2.

D2 looks miles ahead D1 on the same machine (PS4).

Even the scenarios similar to VoG in D2 looks way more detailed and beautiful than D1.
mHM3DMk.gif

I thought something looked fucked up about my character.

What even happened to the graphics programmers on this game. Titan looks like a fucking PS3 game.

Deadstar

I was surprised by this. It's very lazy of Bungie and they really should be ashamed. They should have kept what's great about Destiny and then added a lot of new things. Not having new character options is lame.

deleted one of my character slots to try a new one, was completely flabbergasted that it was the exact same 7-8 options as D1. (EXO)

Hope you've been enjoying Destiny 1.5, please look forward to Destiny 2 which may hit sometime in 2018 after around 18 patches or so.

Why do you have a face? You never see it most of the time anyway.

In Destiny 1 the character even had a voice! Then they started cutting down on that area, not enough Activision moneys for Bungo :(

In D3 you will just play as the ghost and just hold guns in the air with magic.

So is this primarily an issue for human characters, then?

My awoken Titan looks about how I remember her. It seems like exos are pretty much the same.

My human Warlock went from looking like an Average Joe to being ready to go watch Rocky Horror.

Edit: Pictures:
Man. Between this and the human female with a fucking sharp head, what the fuck happened? Surely it's the placeholder models?

Like, especially the 2nd image with the female human, what the fuck is up with the fucking pixellated head? Surely they didn't look at this and think it was fine? It's 5 steps back from D1. I can't look at that image without my eyes going to the freaking top of her head because it's so goddamn sharp. Like what the hell?

Am_I_Evil

My Exo hunter from D1 looks the same from what I can tell.... Haven't checked my other characters yet (Warlock Human, Titan Awoken)

Melchiah

A lot of time we need to stop just to enjoy the beautiful graphics... that didn't happens with D1.

I disagree, I remember people being amazed by how good the moon looked.

I still find D1 Venus a sight to behold, and it was even more impressive three years ago. I also remember being awed by the Mothyards of Old Russia during the alpha.

The D2 beta looked good, but didn't impress me as much after nearly four years into this generation.

Falchion

Yeah I didn't realize how bare bones it was until I started the game and tried to design a new one. It's so dumb they only have a handful of options.

Top Bottom