• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 comes out on PC in 1 month from today, how many are still excited?

everyer

Considering you were speaking for ALL blizzard fans, you shoulda pulled up some facts with your shitpost

It'a not he who start the war. Someone in the post earlier really made a shit post and he is one of your "blizzard fans"

And that's why I think Destiny on battle.net is a good thing. This guy should really raise his taste of game.

Finaj

Overwhelmingly Negative - Gae sits at 85 on MC
RoyPlease.png

WoW's Warlord of Draenor expansion sits at an 87 on Metacritic and is widely hated by players. Most reviewers don't stick around to factor in the end-game.

Compsiox

Banned
I feel like the PC version is going to release and in-game it's going to be like it never happened. All the same events happening at the same time on console will happen on PC. We won't get a proper launch me feels.

I hope I'm wrong.

Azzanadra

I've never played Destiny other than the D2 beta, so i am still exited. Some of the cynicism here and on GAF in general is off putting, but as a noobie I look forward to the 60 FPS/1080p greatness. Even if I play it casually which is what will most likely happen, I think the overall package looks well worth the price I can get it for on GMG.

SeppOCE

Key difference is Destiny has some of the best gunplay in existence, and WoW has bog standard MMO hotbar combat.

That's why people continue to play Destiny for months and months. The combat itself continues to be engaging. That's what sets it apart from standard MMO's.

Also "after first few months" doesn't matter. There's no subscription in Destiny. People leave and come back all the time. That's one of the benefits of it.

It'll be huge on Battle.net.

The gunplay in destiny is awful though...

Key difference is Destiny has some of the best gunplay in existence, and WoW has bog standard MMO hotbar combat.

That's why people continue to play Destiny for months and months. The combat itself continues to be engaging. That's what sets it apart from standard MMO's.

Also "after first few months" doesn't matter. There's no subscription in Destiny. People leave and come back all the time. That's one of the benefits of it.

It'll be huge on Battle.net.

I don't think the gunplay will keep the core PC playerbase interested. I always found the gunplay to feel really good on controller and while I think it still feels great on M+KB, I don't think it stands out as much as it does on consoles.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm still looking forward to it. Have a few PC friends getting it so I'll have a solid group to do nightfalls and stuff.

Bruno

Everyone is obviously entitled to their own opinion but the vast majority wouldn't agree with you.

I'm still excited about D2 on PC because I didn't pick it up for PS4 - I enjoy Destiny but not enough to double dip. I picked up 2 digital deluxe editions (myself & significant other) on greenmangaming for $160 a few weeks back & still waiting for the codes.

I am extremely hyped for it:

-I am a huge Blizzard fan.
-Also a huge Halo/Destiny/Bungie fan.
-Been into PC gaming my whole life. I have a very capable rig.
-The beta was hot sex.
-Double-dipped on X1, leveled my guardian to 20 and completed the story. I enjoy the game itself.
-IRL friends play on X1 but we are rarely able to be online at the same time.
-My life has been busy during these launch weeks and everyone has surpassed me in power and I'll have a second chance to keep up with the community in terms of power at PC launch.
-Going to lean on GAF to make new friends and find people to play with on a regular basis :)

Strakt

I am extremely hyped for it:

-I am a huge Blizzard fan.
-Also a huge Halo/Destiny/Bungie fan.
-Been into PC gaming my whole life. I have a very capable rig.
-The beta was hot sex.

-Double-dipped on X1, leveled my guardian to 20 and completed the story. I enjoy the game itself.
-IRL friends play on X1 but we are rarely able to be online at the same time.
-My life has been busy during these launch weeks and everyone has surpassed me in power and I'll have a second chance to keep up with the community in terms of power at PC launch.
-Going to lean on GAF to make new friends and find people to play with on a regular basis :)

Those are the reasons I cant wait for destiny 2. While some people don't like the current end game content, I was having a blast playing just the PVP alone on the PC beta (reminds me of halo). While there are flaws with the game, I have faith in Bungie to fix some of them. I also have a group of friends getting it, so every activity will be a blast :D

mikeGFG

Banned
I was super hyped during the Beta.

But I also got into like 5 awesome games since then, I'm not even sure I'lll have the time to play much Destiny 2 at launch.

I'm going to have a gaming PC again (last time I put one together was 2000), and I'm going to play Destiny with friends who have never played Destiny before. I'm pretty stoked.

it's not awful, but on PC it has to compete with the best gunplays that exists. So the gunplay is just good in a ocean of good gunplays ;)
You're correct in the sense that a lot of the appeal of Bungie's games since Halo: Combat Evolved has been owed to their excellent design around aiming and console controls. That doesn't really provide an edge on the PC unless you're playing with a controller. However, I think when people say that Destiny has excellent gunplay, they also mean that it feels good to shoot shit, which is also due to the game's readability, feedback, and the sounds and sights of defeating combatants in spectacular ways. There is a lot of competition in the action shooter genre, but Bungie still makes games that look, sound, and feel special, and I think, at worst, some portion of that will carry over to PC.

commissar

I only played the beta level once, and mainly used a machine gun, but it didnt give satisfying feedback at all.

I suspect its just not the same without rumble.

Soroc

I'm not really hyped but I do look forward to it. I found the beta super solid and looking forward to putting some time into retail. Already bought and paid for but now realizing it will contend with Mario for my playtime... The delayed length of time just seems kind of crazy for a game that seemed completely done on PC back during the beta.

Gurrry

I want to play, but I would be lying if I said the wait isnt killing a bit of the hype. The delay is a huge bummer. I still dont believe its because the PC version needed more work either.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Reading feedback on the volume of content killed any plans to purchase it. The beta ran flawlessly, but I am not making the same mistake I made with the first game.

I have got my worth already to be fair, Was gonna double dip and go through it with a couple of friends on PC, But done the content already, Got the armour, Shaders, Exotics i desired. Don't now see the point to do it all again, But we'll see closer too the time.

LilZippa

Do we know if the characters on PSN or XBL and PC are connected. Can we switch between platforms with the same characters?

I was thinking about saying, "screw it I'll get it and if I'm really disappointed like I was with the first one then I'll just wait for the eventual changes they make to the game" but I started playing Warframe again and I've gone from day one to getting it eventually.

Warframe seems to be wanting to copy some things from Destiny but it's free-ish (I paid five bucks for platinum) and I can play it when I feel like it. I played for an hour or two and got crafting materials and started crafting a new gun. Then I stopped playing and went back to the game when it was done crafting or when I felt like it again.

IISANDERII

Kind of agreed. I always went for headshots and after awhile, the overly generous auto aim felt like the game was on training wheels, I was playing a game tuned for 5yr olds who are just learning how to use a controller. Not challenging.

ookami

I want to play, but I would be lying if I said the wait isnt killing a bit of the hype. The delay is a huge bummer. I still dont believe its because the PC version needed more work either.

Yeah but on the other hand seeing its current state and what I can hear from my friends who stayed on PS4.... Destiny 2 in general need more work. If we're lucky we'll get those improvements day one on PC.

Strakt

23 more days! Still pumped for this even though there has been negative responses on the end game for console.

Heres some PC info from some tweets from the PC Lead:

DLC comes out the same time on all platforms
Console patches that have come out already will come out with PC launch as long as they seem right for PC
Raid info, trials, etc... will be announced closer to release date

Lanrutcon

23 more days! Still pumped for this even though there has been negative responses on the end game for console.

Heres some PC info from some tweets from the PC Lead:

DLC comes out the same time on all platforms
Console patches that have come out already will come out with PC launch as long as they seem right for PC
Raid info, trials, etc... will be announced closer to release date

Uh hu. Release date(s).

I really enjoyed Destiny 1. Easily my most played game of the generation so far. It just hits the spot for me. I’ve got a good buddy of mine who I get together with and we play this game. We chat and just have a good time while shooting aliens. I’m gonna pick up Destiny 2, because I’ll play it the same way, and hopefully for the same amount of time. It’s a blast.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I'm still excited for it, I'm just anxious to hear about their decision in regards to AA on PC. If they leave it as is people are going to abuse the shit out of it in PvP which will quickly kill the amount of people wanting to play Crucible matches.

Lanrutcon

Expect similar if not tad tighter timings on that stuff that consoles got. They need ram PC crowd through Vanilla content before 1st DLC hits in early December.

I goddamn hope so. If they keep staggering the PC behind every release then there's gonna be a lot of unhappiness.

I wonder how the PC crowd will react to the raid content. I'm guessing the backlash will be even larger.

I dunno. Games like WoW kind of helps you get used to shitty, unreasonable raid mechanics. I think the PC MMO crowd is all hardened and shit.

Tovarisc

I wonder how the PC crowd will react to the raid content. I'm guessing the backlash will be even larger.

How so? Raid in D2 is basically Vault from Borderlands this time around. Which while disappointing serves its purpose and I doubt it will be huge issue for PC crowd.

I doubt anyone is expecting WoW raids here.

I goddamn hope so. If they keep staggering the PC behind every release then there's gonna be a lot of unhappiness.

Well lead has at least established that all content releases going forward will be synced across all three platforms. That is why I expect PC to get Vanilla content with tad tighter schedule so they get it all out there before December.

Beginning from PC release date that is.

Trickster

Expect similar if not tad tighter timings on that stuff that consoles got. They need ram PC crowd through Vanilla content before 1st DLC hits in early December.

Didn't seem like getting through most content and getting max gear took people that much time though. Plenty of people seems to have hit that point in 2-3 weeks?

Tovarisc

I've been hearing murmurs about this being yet another game lacking in vanilla content. Is this true?

Didn't seem like getting through most content and getting max gear took people that much time though. Plenty of people seems to have hit that point in 2-3 weeks?

If you are HC grinder and have time to dedicate to it you will hit current max PL (305) in few days. You don't need raid or ToN for it.

Question if there is enough content at release is up for you to decide for yourself. If you have concerns fire up some D2 streams and watch.

Hoo-doo

Banned
How so? Raid in D2 is basically Vault from Borderlands this time around. Which while disappointing serves its purpose and I doubt it will be huge issue for PC crowd.

I doubt anyone is expecting WoW raids here.

Because many PC gamers actually have experienced raids proper. I doubt they'll be thrilled about the three mediocre puzzle rooms that classifies as Destiny 'endgame'.

Tovarisc

Because many PC gamers actually have experienced raids proper. I doubt they'll be thrilled about the three mediocre puzzle rooms that classifies as Destiny 'endgame'.

As D1 vet I was disappointed to see D2 raid. VoG and KF were excellent raids and what I expect from Destiny raids.

Still D2's raid does it job and like I said I imagine PC people will approach this more as Borderlands than WoW when it comes to end game grind.

Anyone know what time the Blizzard app will let us launch Destiny 2 on the 24th?

Will it be the middle of the day? Or early morning?

Voidwolf

Do Blizzard games usually unlock at midnight EST or 1PM? I took the day off for this and am hoping to start as early as possible.

Top Bottom