• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT| Here We Go Again

Number45

I'm gonna start D.2 using jumper. Couldn't do it in D.1 but since it's a new game...

Stoopid middle of the week release! Too bad I can't stock up on sleepy time now and trade today's wakey time for Wednesday mornings sleepy time 😡
Tempted to give this a try. Campaigning solo from the outset so nobody else has to suffer my mistakes.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Do you still need to go somewhere to decode engrams? Or can they be done on the fly now?
I suppose we don't know 100%, but most likely you have to go to the Farm hub to do so. BUT, you no longer need to go to orbit for that (or anything else). You can open the Director from anywhere.

JJShadow

I'm so excited to use my Bubble Titan again

Titan bros are best bros <3

source.gif

I suppose we don't know 100%, but most likely you have to go to the Farm hub to do so. BUT, you no longer need to go to orbit for that (or anything else). You can open the Director from anywhere.

I hope the Cryptarch returns, we were best buds in Y1.

deafmedal

How quick until the first grind is discovered? I bet by the time us 'Muricans play there will already be a loot cave/Omnigul farm... Gotta get raid ready&#128565;

jimboton

Exactly what happened to me as well. I was making so many mistakes since Destiny was the first I've ever used that control scheme. But now I'm used to it and I even use it in Overwatch.

Does anyone on PS4 use the Nacon Pro revolution controller? It's essentially a PS4 Scuff controller but cheaper.

I played the D2 beta with it, it's pretty good. It had a weird problem with the right stick being over sensitive and jumpy when it came out but with the latest firmware it seems fine.

Anyone considering Jumper- do it and never look back. No comparison.
This is truth. Loved jumper so much I tend to try to set up other fps control schemes to match.

And in something like Battlefield 1, where I can't...whenever I go back for a match, I always end up throwing a grenade at my own face trying to climb over obstacles.

TsuWave

won't put nowhere near the +3 thousand hours i put in the first game on this one but chances are will still play it a lot despite not being immensely hyped. it will bring my group of friends from destiny 1 back together and that's gonna be great. hopefully, its fun.

hunter gang. let's go.

Read the OT in Mario's voice for some strange reason..

Encouraging words about the DGAF community. I always thought it was too big to get into but now I will really try! Playing the originally destiny alone was not the best at times.

deafmedal

I thought about starting my characters opposite of how I chose in D.1 but who am I kidding, 'lock day one! Hopefully no shitty trench coats like the CE one this go round&#128545;

noomi

I'm doing all 3 and hoping for an eventual cross save or at the very least a character transfer like they did for PS3/PS4 - XB360/XB1

I'll just play one dude on the PC until that happens

Transfers would be nice, ill take anything I can get tbh.

I know it's all hypothetical though :(

FinKL

It's almost here!
The praise
The trash posts
The complaining
The shiny loot
The goat
The story
The community
The fun of shooting aliens with others

I remember thinking Destiny sucked when the OG launched just by glancing at our very own threads and claiming it a super grindy, hard, and repetitive shooter. Picked it up in December on sale that same release year for father in law, and have been playing it on and off ever since. Will be here day 1 this time!

Nodnol

One more sleep! Then it's getting through work tomorrow, having a nap ready for the midnight release. I'll be sat waiting for my digital version to go live.

I'll be putting more hours in with D2 than I did D1. Fingers crossed their content pipeline is solid.

Seriously, childishly, overly excited to jump in.

Top Bottom