• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT| Here We Go Again

Also, dont wanna ruin anyones hype but lets be honest here..

1) Servers will crash at launch. We are all gonna rage till bungie fix their shit.

2) Game economy will be broken at launch too. We went through shortages of armor materials, weapon parts, heavy ammo synth, glimmer, crucible marks etc during D1... we are bound to hit a wall esrly in D2...

3) PVP meta will suck no matter what. Its just fun to hate on the PVP meta in Destiny...

1 rise of iron had issues but all other destiny releases have been rock solid at launch.

2 probably, but it sounds like fewer choke points to snag on this go round

3 the best meta was always the previous meta

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Surely servers won't shit the bed like GTAO, now that was a fucked launch. Only gonna be able to get an hour or two in at launch, hopefully I can at least smash the first few missions.
Rise of Iron had a nightmare launch window, but actually TTK, HoW, TDB and especially launch Destiny actually had really impressive, stable launches.

Hopefully "Operating Rolling Midnight" is a good call.

Toa TAK

Banned
Holy hell that's a nice OT.

Pre-ordered mine yesterday. My bff and I are gonna get mileage out of it regardless of how it turns out.

witness

Unfortunately switching from PS4 even though I have a Pro because my best friend wants to play on Xbox this time. Annoyed by this but at least I have my Elite controller.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Once more, back into the grind.

I don't think I've been this excited for a game in quite some time.

robo

My le is being prepped for delivery Wednesday from Amazon!!

Preload also ready, give me them dlc codes baby!!

X-Frame

It's going to be a difficult day at work tomorrow, especially with "reviews" being released.

It looks like the embargo will be lifted at 10 AM Eastern / 7 AM Pacific time.

Dackelbein

2 days to go and I got 3 weeks off, life can be so nice !

Got Destiny 1 during my 2014 US-trip, bought a PS4-bundle since it was so dirt-cheap compared to our european prices.
Only problem - I had to carry it with me for almost 4 weeks before returning home to Germany, so I was always hiding it in my hotel-room & rental car, paranoid of my precious treasure being stolen from me.
Friends voted me Holiday-Idiot Nr.1, but it was worth it, had a lot of fun with the game :)

Still got a picture from that bundle:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8cmI1R_b-dxRG5mbE9BajNDbnc

george_us

Surely servers won't shit the bed like GTAO, now that was a fucked launch. Only gonna be able to get an hour or two in at launch, hopefully I can at least smash the first few missions.
Destiny 1's launch was surprisingly stable so I don't anticipate many hiccups regarding D2's.

Super hyped for this one! Got a lot of friends who had never played D1 but do plan on snagging it this week. Can't wait to hear their impressions.

Carbonox

I cancelled my LE preorder with Amazon to instead buy it digital so it's preloaded and ready before midnight tomorrow night. The first time I've ever done this for a game (I like my physical game collections) but I'm super hyped and have the rest of the week off.

Going Titan like I did D1 as my first class. Captain Hungary represent.

Guess I should be glad I have to work today and tomorrow to help pass the time. I just want to play! I'll have the story finished by Wednesday morning, I hope. Then the grind begins.
I cancelled my LE preorder with Amazon to instead buy it digital so it's preloaded and ready before midnight tomorrow night. The first time I've ever done this for a game (I like my physical game collections) but I'm super hyped and have the rest of the week off.

I'm the same. First game I've ever paid full price for on PSN.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
As were D1 reviews, any released tomorrow will be dreadfully incomplete. Without any experience with the raid, which also entails the eventual Hard Mode raid, the raid gear which will impact the broader sandbox, and some sense of replayability, it's realllllly not going to be an adequate picture of the game.

I'm not saying this in the sense of "reviews are going to be unfair" or "if you see a bad review it won't count." Even really positive reviews, it'll be like assigning a score to something like 80% of a game.

Grisby

Debating whether to keep my Joanna Dark lookalike hunter from Destiny 1 versus trying out the new customization options (of which I assume there are?).

Theorry

On the store page it says available Tuesday 5/7/17 at 5pm for me which is just under 19 hours from now.

5PM your time probaby. :)
You located in the UK?

Its now 10pm in Hong Kong. So in two hours its 12 am and it unlocks same time tomorrow. :)

I've ordered the LE from GameStop to arrive on launch day. I just checked and it's showing it hasn't shipped yet. Am I screwed?

Haven't been this excited for a game since Destiny 1. Shame (a little) im switching to PC this round and will have to go on a media blackout until the end of next month :'(

Anybody else going to AFK for sept/oct?

X-Frame

As were D1 reviews, any released tomorrow will be dreadfully incomplete. Without any experience with the raid, which also entails the eventual Hard Mode raid, the raid gear which will impact the broader sandbox, and some sense of replayability, it's realllllly not going to be an adequate picture of the game.

I'm not saying this in the sense of "reviews are going to be unfair" or "if you see a bad review it won't count." Even really positive reviews, it'll be like assigning a score to something like 80% of a game.

Exactly. IGN's Destin for example looks to only share his initial thoughts tomorrow when the embargo drops but will maintain the official Review as In Progress (as it should be) to experience the full game with the public and complete the raid.

I'm sure there will be sites that won't wait that long though.

D_psipher

Damnit, I said I would wait. Told my friends I would wait...but day 1 it is. See you guardians in the battle with Gary.

Seijuro

Dunno if it's the right time to ask as launch is still a few days away for most people, but:

What's the preferred method/site for finding fireteams? The "official" one from Bungie or still DestinyLFG?

Don't forget you're here forever.

giphy.gif

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
5PM your time probaby. :)
You located in the UK?

Its now 10pm in Hong Kong. So in two hours its 12 am and it unlocks. :)

Yeah UK but the times on the website and console store show the time to that region not my time. Been like that for me over the years.

Even if its 26 hours still a good 7 hours earlier than UK version. :p

Apologies if this has already been covered, but is PS+ required for this game? I know it's required for the MP stuff, but can you play through the campaign without Plus?

I put about 350 hours into Destiny and played MP for a grand total of 10 minutes, so I know what I'll be "missing". I recently let my Plus lapse because I am a SP exclusive gamer and I want to make sure Plus isn't a prerequisite just to play D2.

I can't seem to officially nail down the answer via Sony or Bungie's sites.

CREMSteve

Apologies if this has already been covered, but is PS+ required for this game? I know it's required for the MP stuff, but can you play through the campaign without Plus?

I put about 350 hours into Destiny and played MP for a grand total of 10 minutes, so I know what I'll be "missing". I recently let my Plus lapse because I am a SP exclusive gamer and I want to make sure Plus isn't a prerequisite just to play D2.

I can't seem to officially nail down the answer via Sony or Bungie's sites.
Pretty sure you'd need Plus to play, as the entire game is online through Bungie's servers.

Top Bottom