• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT| Here We Go Again

Lizzy

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, ya'll. Time to get some REAL discussion going here. I want to know the following for everyone:
  • The class you're going to main and why.
  • The subclasses you're going to main and why.
I'm going Hunter because I feel it's the most versatile. By that I mean, I feel it's the most agile, and I think the best example I can give to support that statement is the movement for the two other classes. Warlocks are awkward with their floaty jumps (this may have changed for D2; didn't play the beta), and Titans are too damned heavy.

I can't decide which subclass will get the most use from me, but I think it'll either be (or split between) Gunslinger and Nighstalker. Gunslinger always made me feel like a badass especially because of that awesome knife, and Nightstalker seems like it'll be a great support/suppressor class.

ZServ

Spinfoil hat time:

We're now used to events for Holidays. Like Halloween. We thought Destiny 2 was delayed on PC for issues with the port, but I have a new theory after playing the ridiculously optimized beta:

Theory! Perhaps there was concern over leaks of the first content patch, the Halloween event. It's not confirmed we'll have one, but we got one the past two years. Why would there be concern? I bet you they shipped it with the core game. Hence, the game was delayed on PC in order to avoid a "grr content on disc time to over-react because we're MAD" scenario, and will be released.. When the patch is! Destiny traditionally does patches on Tuesdays. D2PC hits October 24th. What's 7 days after that? The 31st, Halloween. Traditionally, these events run for two weeks, so I'm guessing the Halloween event runs from the 24th through the 7th, and Bungie didn't want us peeking and ruining the surprise.

And then, in December, we get the Christmas event with the first paid DLC, I'd guess. If not, then the previous pattern of an "April patch" makes sense, and buys them plenty of time to ensure it's big enough to stand on its own.

It will get lost in the hype - but this is the most important part of the, excellent, OT:-

The people you may call veterans here each started out new in this community. So if you’re new or old, don’t worry about clans or cliques. This is one big community. If you see someone forming a fire team, then volunteer! Want guns for a challenge or just some company to shoot the Darkness errr… breeze, then put up your own call to arms. DGAF will answer the call.

Let's go!

BraXzy

So excited! My girlfriend is already dreading this shit. )

Goodbye world.

When I told her I couldn't wait for PC and PS4 was a go..

The slow realisation for her that I'd be gaming on the bed hogging the TV was classic.

mocoworm

MV5BMjEwODQ2MDEzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTk2Mjg0MjE@._V1_UY1200_CR462,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

CREMSteve

Wait really? Sorry I'm not being dense here but I was totally under the impression that 'worlds' meant multiple zones per world. Is that really the case? Only 4 zones?
I heard that the new areas are multitudes larger than the size of the worlds in the first, so that would make sense.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
why a Wednesday release?...typically new game releases are on Tuesday (USA)...with the exception being indie or non-AAA games

Holiday weekend. Most in the US aren't working today.

So Tuesday is basically go in and get everything ready for Midnight Launch.*

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wait really? Sorry I'm not being dense here but I was totally under the impression that 'worlds' meant multiple zones per world. Is that really the case? Only 4 zones?
Forgive me if I'M being dense, but what exactly constitutes a "zone" in your eyes?

Each of the explorable areas are huge, contiguous spaces that you can traverse without loading screens. Something I am quite glad for. But I'm not sure where the distinction begins for you.

Dave_6

Hunter will be my primary again and will be the one I 'carry over' however that works. I never made an Exo in D1 so the Warlock will probably be one this time.

Okay, ya'll. Time to get some REAL discussion going here. I want to know the following for everyone:
I'm going Hunter because I feel it's the most versatile. By that I mean, I feel it's the most agile, and I think the best example I can give to support that statement is the movement for the two other classes. Warlocks are awkward with their floaty jumps (this may have changed for D2; didn't play the beta), and Titans are too damned heavy.

I can't decide which subclass will get the most use from me, but I think it'll either be (or split between) Gunslinger and Nighstalker. Gunslinger always made me feel like a badass especially because of that awesome knife, and Nightstalker seems like it'll be a great support/suppressor class.

I'm stuck with either Hunter or Titans. But warlocks are also the only class that has blink on it. Urggg!

I'll be manning either Nightstalker or shieldbro.

I'm thinking ahead for what best for the raid.

U2NUMB

Anyone know why on the X1 it says Available on 9/5/2017 11pm (I am central time)

Should that not be 9/4/17 at 11pm??

CREMSteve

Striker Titan. As it always has. As it always will.

I've looked at the perks for all the subclasses and can't get excited about any of them.

Stormcaller seems like it has one interesting perk that wasn't in D1, but... that's really it.

Voidwalker has some realllllllly cool stuff. The first tree allows you to literally super-charge your grenades, and the second one lets you enter a Devour state where you gain health on kills.

The Jer

That would make sense, but the first Destiny was playable without Plus and had the same server setup, right?
My memory isn't fuzzy one this one. In Destiny 1, you could play any story or quest missions; go to patrol; and go to social spaces (e.g. the tower); all without Plus. Plus was needed for crucible, strikes, and raids.

Tovarisc

Life leech Warlock sounds interesting so most likely will mess a lot with Voidlock when PC release hits.

Either way Warlock is the way.

T.v

I still have no idea what class I'll main. I like them all. Always had loads of fun with Gunslinger, Striker and Voidcaller.
Any Beta players who can comment on the jumps? Is Warlock still the slowest of the bunch?

BraXzy

Not sure what class I will main to begin with. I've been a hunter from day 1 on Destiny 2 but I'm wondering whether a change is in order.

The PC beta was so short I didn't get chance to give the Titan / Warlock a go.

Voidwalker has some realllllllly cool stuff. The first tree allows you to literally super-charge your grenades, and the second one lets you enter a Devour state where you gain health on kills.
I low key expect voidwalker to be really good in the raid with its super charged damaged grenades.

psyfi

Banned
I've looked at the perks for all the subclasses and can't get excited about any of them.

Stormcaller seems like it has one interesting perk that wasn't in D1, but... that's really it.
I feel you, they all seem stale to me. I hope I'm wrong.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
One of the best OTs I've seen to date! Truly gorgeous and engaging. Thank you!

I can't believe it's only a couple of days away! Too bad I only have today and tomorrow off. :-/ That said, can't wait to see all of you starside!!

hydruxo

Hunter. That was my main in D1, and with Nightstalker coming back I have to go Hunter again. Plus, everyone in my raid group are Warlocks or Titans so I like being the sole Hunter so that we have one.

DeviantBoi

Hunter. Gunslinger (probably).

We just finished coordinating with my raid group so that we can have 2 of each ready for the raid next week.

One of the best OTs I've seen to date! Truly gorgeous and engaging. Thank you!

I can't believe it's only a couple of days away! Too bad I only have today and tomorrow off. :-/ That said, can't wait to see all of you starside!!
Just enough time to bust some alien asses!

excowboy

Don't think I've posted in an OT since the launch of RoI but played on and off since day 1 and lurked solidly through OTs in the first year. Hopefully get some games in with DGAF this time around.

deafmedal

Don't think I've posted in an OT since the launch of RoI but played on and off since day 1 and lurked solidly through OTs in the first year. Hopefully get some games in with DGAF this time around.

Do it! Surely there is a sub group here you will enjoy playing with!

Jerm411

Hype is off the charts......goddamn we're so close.....

tumblr_oo39y4OjhL1r7dh6wo1_400.gif

Off work today and it's hard as hell lol, all I want is the game!!!

Top Bottom