• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

GlamFM

Banned
GCaKY18.jpg

br3wnor

Reached 270 over the weekend and feel stuck. Is this about as high as I can go without raiding or trials at this point and is this high enough to start the raid? I want to try and get in a group before raiding parties drop off and are too hard to find.

You can also try to farm exotics, just run around doing all the PE’s, patrol’s, lost sectors, etc. you find in your path and hope for an exotic to fall from a chest. Once I do the new milestones after the reset tomorrow, that’s what I’ll be doing since I don’t see myself raiding.

Hoodbury

Reached 270 over the weekend and feel stuck. Is this about as high as I can go without raiding or trials at this point and is this high enough to start the raid? I want to try and get in a group before raiding parties drop off and are too hard to find.

You'll be fine. There is no hard cap for you at that PL, just keep playing the "infuse and hope for exotics" game. You can do literally anything in this game to stock pile up on new Legendary gear, so just do what is fun for you to get the most of it and hope some of it is slightly higher than what you have on and infuse up slowly.

Also, the reset is tomorrow so do 2-3 power engram activities and those will bump you way up again.

You should definitely be raid ready for this week.

SpecX

Do Milestones tomorrow. You'll go up.

You can also try to farm exotics, just run around doing all the PE’s, patrol’s, lost sectors, etc. you find in your path and hope for an exotic to fall from a chest. Once I do the new milestones after the reset tomorrow, that’s what I’ll be doing since I don’t see myself raiding.

You'll be fine. There is no hard cap for you at that PL, just keep playing the "infuse and hope for exotics" game. You can do literally anything in this game to stock pile up on new Legendary gear, so just do what is fun for you to get the most of it and hope some of it is slightly higher than what you have on and infuse up slowly.

Also, the reset is tomorrow so do 2-3 power engram activities and those will bump you way up again.

You should definitely be raid ready for this week.

Sounds like a plan, thanks! Also did Bungie screw up the infusion again? I could have swore I infused a dup exotic gauntlet into a legendary one I wanted to power up and it didn't keep the same power level. Do I need to get an infusion app again like before?

Saint9806

Good thing I read up today about the Old Fashioned hand cannon. I was just about to infuse it into my Sunshot. Apparently, Old Fashinioned is really good! Not that Sunshot isn't a beast as well.. ;)

Hoodbury

Sounds like a plan, thanks! Also did Bungie screw up the infusion again? I could have swore I infused a dup exotic gauntlet into a legendary one I wanted to power up and it didn't keep the same power level. Do I need to get an infusion app again like before?

Sounds like you need to learn the +5 mod system and how it effects infusion still? Took me awhile to comprehend as well.

Anything that has a purple mod in it gets +5 power level. It's base power level is still -5. So you need to keep that in mind when infusing.

So if you have two 270 power level items and one of them has a purple +5 mod in it, it is actually only 265. So if you infuse that one with the one without the mod, you'll go up, but if you do it the other way around it won't go up.

Exotics have legendary mods built in so their actual power level (for infusion) is actually 5 lower.

Syntsui

Let the nerfs commence!

Next up: Orpheus rig and mida!

Bungie pls, stop nerfing fun stuff :(

I take it the object they are referring to in the patch notes are the purple bells in the baths encounter?

There is no reason to nerf such a situation item like the Orpheus Rig. It's literally only useful agains't trash mobs as they are the only ones that the game put together as a mob.

Van Bur3n

The game has just been infuriating me lately. I open up an exotic engram and I get boots I already have. Then I open up a legendary engram along with it and it gives me the very same exotic boots. Of all the times a legendary engram gives me an exotic, it gives me a dupe of the fucking dupe I just got back to back. And then the next exotic engram I get turns out to be another dupe of boots I have. What the fuck is wrong with this game?

And then after a night of terrible Trials because the game ruined our streak by booting us back to orbit before the match even started (mentioned it in my last post in this thread, again, fuck this game), I went back to the tower because I at least got an exotic engram from the whole shit show so I was hoping that would at least cheer me up. Gives me fucking Fighting Lion. Not only a shitty fucking weapon but a dupe of a shitty fucking weapon I've already received before. Dupes here, dupes there, dupes fucking everywhere.

Probably the worst day of Destiny I've ever had. Absolutely unfulfilling and get fucked by the game time and time again. Destiny without the bullshit my ass. Need a damn break.

WeTeHa

There is no reason to nerf such a situation item like the Orpheus Rig. It's literally only useful agains't trash mobs as they are the only ones that the game put together as a mob.

Have you played destiny 1? Are we talking about the same bungie?

SpecX

Sounds like you need to learn the +5 mod system and how it effects infusion still? Took me awhile to comprehend as well.

Anything that has a purple mod in it gets +5 power level. It's base power level is still -5. So you need to keep that in mind when infusing.

So if you have two 270 power level items and one of them has a purple +5 mod in it, it is actually only 265. So if you infuse that one with the one without the mod, you'll go up, but if you do it the other way around it won't go up.

Exotics have legendary mods built in so their actual power level (for infusion) is actually 5 lower.

Ah, that makes sense then. I haven't really touched the mods on the weapons/armor so didn't know there were those mods increasing the PL. Makes perfect sense then why my gear only leveled to 267 instead of 272.

Hoodbury

Ah, that makes sense then. I haven't really touched the mods on the weapons/armor so didn't know there were those mods increasing the PL. Makes perfect sense then why my gear only leveled to 267 instead of 272.

Ya, that's why my recommendation to level up past 270 was do whatever you like the most that will get you the most legendary items. That then gives you a higher chance one of them will have a +5 mod in it and then that is what you use to infuse up higher because everything will be dropping around the same power level.

Running around the EDZ doing public events, lost sectors, chests, patrols, etc all at the same time will build you up a lot of tokens that you then turn in to the NPC guy there, then he'll give you a few legendaries + what you got from the wild, all while also hoping to get a exotic or two.

It's definitely a grind, but to me at least it was a fun one. Just doing the open world stuff is still fun for me.

void666

Banned
The ๖ۜBronx;249226758 said:
"What do you mean you can't concentrate when I'm shouting? RELAX!"

Shaxx continues to be the god of all things in Destiny. I need his voice in other things.

Shaxx is my favorite thing about the crucible. "I'm on the edge of my seat!"

The ๖ۜBronx;249226758 said:
"What do you mean you can't concentrate when I'm shouting? RELAX!"

Shaxx continues to be the god of all things in Destiny. I need his voice in other things.

Even though I don't like pvp that much, Shaxx makes it a bit more enjoyable.

Top Bottom