• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

For some reason it says "Can only hold one at a time" when i want getting the last emote from the 3 blue emotes of Eververse but i dont even own it wtf.

Edit: Never mind it worked after deleting all emotes i had on me.

void666

Banned
You can tell this game is really making the original PS4/X1s sweat. Seeing frame drops here and there when it never happened in D1. I believe them when they say 60 FPS was 100% out of the question and it's definitely a CPU issue.

Can't wait to see what the full game looks like on PC.

Some public events are insane with the amount of shit going on. Explosions and particles flying everywhere.
I'm surprised by how good it performs to be quite honest.

2real4tv

The Rat King is a beast, especially if everyone in your fire team has one
DKAFiRcW4AEppbm.jpg:large
We ran into a team in trials using it they got recked.

It just fires faster, it does get more powerful.

And you have a larger mag. So faster fire rate, faster reload, larger mag (not sure if damage increases). We did the first part of the raid as a group of 6 rat kings. Not the first encounter, just that opening part.

Edit:

What is everyone's opinion of end game here? Like I feel I am down to weekly stuff. Running strikes, PEs and the like don't get me power level upgrades unless I get an exotic. I guess I can grind crucible for that cool HC but, like, what is carrot here as I cant get a higher PL unless I do the weekly content (and doubly so with the raid and it's BS loot mechanics...turning in tokens and getting rep engram PL gear is DAF).

I hope starting and finishing raids will become smoother over time. Seems a lot of people can't get groups together to start or finish them. Which wasn't the case for the previous game.
I'm also dreading the pc version coming out and the PS4 numbers dwindling since a lot of the hardcore fan base seems to be double dipping. I'm just trying to raid at least once before that happens. Hopefully it'll be easier tomorrow to find people since it's reset day.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I hope starting and finishing raids will become smoother over time. Seems a lot of people can't get groups together to start or finish them. Which wasn't the case for the previous game.
I'm also dreading the pc version coming out and the PS4 numbers dwindling since a lot of the hardcore fan base seems to be double dipping. I'm just trying to raid at least once before that happens. Hopefully it'll be easier tomorrow to find people since it's reset day.

You don't remember King's Fall, do you

that raid took goddamn ages

this one's quick in comparison

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I wanna beat calus already. Went with 2 calus groups..nearly killed him..less do dis

Lakitu

st5fu
When's Guided Games coming out for Raid? I want to do it in the next couple of weeks but my character is not strong enough yet. Currently at 275 and I want to hit 280 before I do.

Mindlog

Top score four games in a row.
Lost every single one.

I don't want to play this shitty PvP anymore.
Without loot from shitty PvP my Light Level is too low to play the modes I enjoy.

/dies inside

rdytoroll

If not, let's just team up tomorrow. I'm also looking to run a fresh raid

nOoblet16

Lol at merciless, it's a good gun but nowhere near the best to destroy Calus.

Any rocket launcher with clusters + ColdHeart + Titan Barricade = OP AF

So much damage that you can kill Calus using just 1 plate.
That doesn't really prove anything. All that proves is that with a high force of will, empowering rift, grenades, barricades and supers you can do a lot of damage.

There's nothing there that says you can't achieve similar DPS with Merciless and switch to kinetic/energy when you run out.

When's Guided Games coming out for Raid? I want to do it in the next couple of weeks but my character is not strong enough yet. Currently at 275 and I want to hit 280 before I do.

I feel like you'll hit 280 this week if you do the reset activities (Crucible and Flashpoint)

renzolama

Top score four games in a row.
Lost every single one.

I don't want to play this shitty PvP anymore.
Without loot from shitty PvP my Light Level is too low to play the modes I enjoy.

/dies inside

Having done the Call to Arms milestone on two characters now, it does seem like PvP is in a really bad place regardless of your feeling about the changes to gameplay mechanics. The progression with drops, token economy, and milestone completion time for PvP is hilariously out of sync with the rest of the game. I won almost all of the games on the character I ran through Call to Arms yesterday, but with 8 minute matches that always go the full time it was still around 90 minutes. When I went to turn in tokens to Shaxx after the milestone completion, I found that I still didn't have enough to complete a single level for a legendary engram (and this was using the + crucible token ghost shell the entire time). Honestly, it feels just like 90% of the rest of the endgame of Destiny 2: a problem that was solved and improved on drastically in Destiny Y2/3 but is somehow back to Vanilla Y1 in Destiny 2 again.

FinKL

That doesn't really prove anything. All that proves is that with a high force of will, empowering rift, grenades, barricades and supers you can do a lot of damage.

There's nothing there that says you can't achieve similar DPS with Merciless and switch to kinetic/energy when you run out.

I'll add my personal anecdote, as a PL 280, I was the lowest in a LFG group doing final boss. I had a 270 Merciless pull 400k while my team was well over 1,000,000. I mean, I did take time to do tether, but I was not doing anywhere close to what my team was doing. Yes I had full power ammo, yes I hit all my shots, (this was 2 iterations before we wiped) and we saw the wipe screen twice and everyone's damage was up there except mine so of course they brought it up. We did finish it after 4 DPS phases though and I used a Pulse for kinetic dps

Now that I think about it, the Force of Will buff probably does exponentially more damage with crits and I dont think I could do crits w/ Merciless. With that said, I say stay away from Merciless.

xuchu

I've done final boss lots with an all fireteam with merciless 100+ force of will stacks, arc soul empowering rift and rally barricade. Easy one cycle however not a one plate.

Rocket launchers w/cluster bombs are legit because of how huge the target is and how every one of the cluster bombs hits. Coldheart is also extremely good for both skulls and sustained crit damage.

Patch corrupted my data. Have to reinstall the game. Man if I didn't have fast internet this kind of thing would kill me inside.

Merciless while a phenomenal weapon, isn't the best for Calus in any regard. There's several weapons including snipers that are much more effective. Cold-hearted, snipers and autorifles with high precision.

darkwing

The game has just been infuriating me lately. I open up an exotic engram and I get boots I already have. Then I open up a legendary engram along with it and it gives me the very same exotic boots. Of all the times a legendary engram gives me an exotic, it gives me a dupe of the fucking dupe I just got back to back. And then the next exotic engram I get turns out to be another dupe of boots I have. What the fuck is wrong with this game?

And then after a night of terrible Trials because the game ruined our streak by booting us back to orbit before the match even started (mentioned it in my last post in this thread, again, fuck this game), I went back to the tower because I at least got an exotic engram from the whole shit show so I was hoping that would at least cheer me up. Gives me fucking Fighting Lion. Not only a shitty fucking weapon but a dupe of a shitty fucking weapon I've already received before. Dupes here, dupes there, dupes fucking everywhere.

Probably the worst day of Destiny I've ever had. Absolutely unfulfilling and get fucked by the game time and time again. Destiny without the bullshit my ass. Need a damn break.

relax, it's just 2 weeks

Davide

Just bought the game 50% pretty much going in blind, haven't seen any trailers beyond the CGI one or clips so I don't know what to expect. Hope the campaign's better.

Just bought the game 50% pretty much going in blind, haven't seen any trailers beyond the CGI one or clips so I don't know what to expect. Hope the campaign's better.

I mean was it possible for it not to be? It's still not great by comparison standards to something like Halo 1-3 and ODST but it wasn't god awful or anything.

Man, the lack of random rolls on guns is making things really stale already. Yes, it was frustrating at times to be outclassed by someone with an RNG "God Roll", but at least it kept the legendary engrams interesting. Now we're just getting the same guns over and over from the Gunsmith.

njs15

Just got a Sweet Business and it is a hilariously large gun. When you have it on your back in the tower it's like 3/4s of the height of my hunter

Dthomp

Are there any groups looking for 1 for full raid? I still would like to get some or all of it done on my hunter and lock if possible. PSN is same as username here

this is true. and i feel its the same for armor. i don't know if its just me but the variety of cloaks (hunter main) seems pretty poor

They got the fast rank up of the gunsmith correct, but without random rolls, whats the point? Matching random rolls with fast rank up would have been really fun right now.

Top Bottom