• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

njs15

So two weird things just happened. On my third character, I was able to get the Mida multi without having to do the enhance questline

Later, I joined the servitor pub event on Nessus, but the servitor was completely invisible to me. It still attacked me, but I couldn't see it. Luckily there were other people there who took it down.

Invisible giant servitor would actually be kind of a fun challenge

SpecX

Just got a Sweet Business and it is a hilariously large gun. When you have it on your back in the tower it's like 3/4s of the height of my hunter

This is actually my favorite weapon right now. I'm no good at PvP, but I can mow down so many people with it when they play worse than me. Titans will throw up a shield and I'll destroy it and still have enough ammo in the clip to take out them and 1 other guardian in the area. I find myself running out of ammo too fast with this beast and applied the gold shader to it.

X-Frame

That doesn't really prove anything. All that proves is that with a high force of will, empowering rift, grenades, barricades and supers you can do a lot of damage.

There's nothing there that says you can't achieve similar DPS with Merciless and switch to kinetic/energy when you run out.

I saw a discussion about this on Reddit recently and there do seem to be people that say emptying Merciless ammo then switching weapons is the best for damage. Others are saying Rockets then Coldheart are best.

I am sure they are similar, the benefit of using Merciless is that you can burst all the ammo easily which does insane burst damage and then switch to a good Primary/Secondary such as Origin Story or Uriel's Gift. The benefit of Coldheart is more plentiful Energy ammo plus the target barely moves so can build up damage stacks, and something like Curtain Call do a lot of burst damage too.

Personally I think I'll still prefer Merciless because of how it is also great for the pre-damage phase portions with big shielded add clearing.

Silvard

Looking to start a fresh raid for Alts and stuff starting as soon as possible. Obviously not a blind raid, and we will be going into the underbelly to get all the chests people may need. It's preferable if you know the encounters to make this run as fast and smooth as possible, but if you don't then you do need to be able to listen and have a mic.

1. SilvardCT

MastAndo

Do we know what the milestones will be tomorrow after the reset? I hope it's not the Raid again lol. I'd like to hit 280 as well, just don't think I'm ready for the Raid at 273.
It's a given that the raid will be a milestone every week. It will be there, most likely along with Flashpoint (IO), Call to Arms (10 or so Crucible matches), Clan XP and the Nightfall as means of getting powerful gear.

So two weird things just happened. On my third character, I was able to get the Mida multi without having to do the enhance questline

Later, I joined the servitor pub event on Nessus, but the servitor was completely invisible to me. It still attacked me, but I couldn't see it. Luckily there were other people there who took it down.

Invisible giant servitor would actually be kind of a fun challenge

Now i'm picturing the hell that a nightfall where all the enemies are invis would be. perhaps they only reveal themselves after being damaged.

If I start an exotic weapon quest now, but wait to do the last step til I'm a higher power level, I'll get the higher level version of the weapon once I complete it, correct?

I know it was that way in D1, I just want to make sure that didn't change.

Liamc723

Would anyone be willing to help me get a Calus kill? I have the checkpoint.

Pretty much been ditched by the team I got there with.

Dthomp

Looking to start a fresh raid for Alts and stuff starting as soon as possible. Obviously not a blind raid, and we will be going into the underbelly to get all the chests people may need. It's preferable if you know the encounters to make this run as fast and smooth as possible, but if you don't then you do need to be able to listen and have a mic.

1. SilvardCT

Please add me (Dthomp)

Tawpgun

Cross posting from the Angry Joe Thread

The problem with the content is that there is so much of it but after you hit the soft cap of 265, none of it is advantageous to do aside from maybe farming them for planet tokens to get some piece of gear you want. After 265 you need to do activities that give you "Powerful" Engrams or pray for Exotics.

The lost sectors in particular were really disappointing. There's a thread on the subreddit how they were billed as challenging, mini strikes. I thought they may have been too because when I was going through the campaign I walked into one where the enemies were way too strong for me. But now above 260... they are nothing more than the assassination patrol missions to be honest.

The adventures are actually REALLY cool. A lot of great lore, unique gameplay (the warmind one on Io was really cool) and fun fights. But.... they are nothing more than fun little side distractions if you are bored.

Bungie should allow for "heroic" triggers for lost sectors and adventures that give you better rewards.

xuchu

1. SilvardCT

Sure, I'll join.

PSN: Talos_AI

I know this has been answered, but I can't find the specific answer.

Do weekly milestone rewards (such as flashpoints) go away or reset on Tuesdays? I have a few sitting with their vendors until I hit 260.

Wallach

Do weekly milestone rewards (such as flashpoints) go away or reset on Tuesdays? I have a few sitting with their vendors until I hit 260.

If they're completed and ready to collect, they will automatically get opened and sent to you at the reset time.

Yeah they reset at 10am (UK time) on a Tuesday. Not sure of conversions but that will be 12hours and 45minutes from now!

Bento

Finally going to start doing Nightfall stuff so would be really nice if I could join the GAF discord channel :eek:)
David-Bentzlin is my character/account name and discord name is Bento#9854.
I quoted a discord thingy in the OP so I hope this works?

IHaveIce

Banned
Did the Nightfall through Guided Games to try it. Was 10 pls above my guides. played without mic.

We ended the NF with 8 minutes left. There won't be a NF that easy again right?

Cathcart

Wait, why would you have to do the quest line if you've already done it for another character? Couldn't you just buy it from the vault?

The problem with the content is that there is so much of it but after you hit the soft cap of 265, none of it is advantageous to do aside from maybe farming them for planet tokens to get some piece of gear you want. After 265 you need to do activities that give you "Powerful" Engrams or pray for Exotics.

The lost sectors in particular were really disappointing. There's a thread on the subreddit how they were billed as challenging, mini strikes. I thought they may have been too because when I was going through the campaign I walked into one where the enemies were way too strong for me. But now above 260... they are nothing more than the assassination patrol missions to be honest.

The adventures are actually REALLY cool. A lot of great lore, unique gameplay (the warmind one on Io was really cool) and fun fights. But.... they are nothing more than fun little side distractions if you are bored.

Bungie should allow for "heroic" triggers for lost sectors and adventures that give you better rewards.

The game is begging for Heroic versions, and to be fair, more difficult versions of existing content are one of the few things Bungie is consistent about.

But yeah, having optional objectives for a Lost Sector to turn it Heroic would be cool. Or at least, a higher level version of the existing patrol zones would be nice.

Maybe Mercury will turn out to be a Higher Level Patrol at least. Like an MMO, they could make the later zones harder and more complex.

I'd love them to lean into the public events. Guild Wars 2 had some amazing map wide Public Events that cascaded into summoning bosses and a final World Boss. Would be neat to see Destiny do this.

Nephtes

Five separate teams for trials this weekend, 0 wins.
It doesn't help that only one of the teams even bothered to stay together after the first loss.

Ugh.
I don't even care about trials, I just want the stupid Achievement for one win.
PVP game modes with no respawns is not my cup of tea, and the stress of needing to survive against all odds is just not fun. I'm so done with this mode as soon as I win a match ...
which currently looks like never...

Crash331

Just got a Sweet Business and it is a hilariously large gun. When you have it on your back in the tower it's like 3/4s of the height of my hunter

I'm a crucible newb, but it seems really good for PvP if you are a hunter since you can dodge to reload the 100 round magazine.

Mafro

Bungie have always had this problem with PvE endgame. It's raid and nightfall or nothing and it's really annoying, especially when Iron Banner comes along and you get plenty of high level gear but in PvE you're quite limited to what you can get past a certain level.

Bulby

1. SilvardCT

Im a first timer but im game. I have a headset

PSN: Bulby_85

Heroic strikes and lost sectors would be soooooo appreciated. Like I want them meow.

It is so weird that Bungie made the end game so small while the start is basically enormous. Strikes don't have any use beyond the Nightfall one. Lost Sectors are pointless and farming tokens makes no sense after 265.

njs15

Wait, why would you have to do the quest line if you've already done it for another character? Couldn't you just buy it from the vault?

You could, but if you go through the process again on a second or third character, you'll naturally be a higher level when you do it and the end reward will be a better weapon. Third Mida was a 305 for me

Crash331

It is so weird that Bungie made the end game so small while the start is basically enormous. Strikes don't have any use beyond the Nightfall one. Lost Sectors are pointless and farming tokens makes no sense after 265.

Farming for exotics and strange coins (legendary shards). That's all there really was in vanilla destiny, too.

Fliesen

Yo, i just leveled up a Hunter and i completed one of the "powerful gear" milestones.

I was going to save that one up for when i reach 270 power, but the challenges / milestones reset tomorrow.
Should i just cash the reward after today's playing session or can i somehow save that one up while receiving a new milestone to be completed next week?

edit: haha, sorry, i just saw this was answered just a few posts in advance - thanks Wallach.

shermas

Farming for exotics and strange coins (legendary shards). That's all there really was in vanilla destiny, too.
Come on, man.. By the end of D1, you could do gunsmith quests, grind heroic strikes for specific high level gear, do the daily story mission and the faction packages were more rewarding... The end game right now is really limited if you're trying to increase your power level

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

1. SilvardCT
2. DThomp
3. Talos_AI
4. Bulby_85
5. GraveRobberX
6. vincentgrey (Strangelove77)

I'll join
That's 6 right there

yCHfeef.jpg

Finally.

Need to bring back heroic strikes, keys, and unique strike loot. Let the unique loot have the ability to increase PL.

I used to just run strikes for a few hours with a friend at times in Destiny 1, I've been in the strike playlist once because there is nothing worthwhile in there for me at 298+ PL. I'm basically hoping for an exotic to drop and if I want to farm an exotic, public events are quicker and easier.

Bungie have always had this problem with PvE endgame. It's raid and nightfall or nothing and it's really annoying, especially when Iron Banner comes along and you get plenty of high level gear but in PvE you're quite limited to what you can get past a certain level.

Exactly my problem right now and the same one I had on the first one. I get tired of doing stuff and get absolutely nothing of value, my only hope is the unlikely chance of getting an exotic engram which I probably won't use because I already have pretty good exotics equiped.

Most of the people I know grind other classes and that's what Bungie seems to expect but I'm not interested on that, I don't care on replaying the story again and I don't think characters are different enough to replay everything.

I'll just play until I get bored and be done with it, but maybe I'll play DLC this time.

1. SilvardCT

I'd like to do it in around 30 minutes from now.

Top Bottom