• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Floody

Yep I've tried that too. Oh well hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Yeah, it's really annoying, I just use Destiny Item Manager and stockpile my Tokens and Engrams now to avoid having to go there as much as possible.
Had 5 in a row yesterday trying to get in a Faction, just wanted to turn the game off.

Do the factions have more possible weapons than are shown in the engram preview or just the 4? (aside from the one you can buy for 50,000 glimmer)

Am_I_Evil

Nightfall was fun last night as a Hunter with smoke grenades...grabbed all the plates/hacked things while invisible...due to the fast re-gen of abilities I could go invisible as soon as the previous grenade ran out...also good for the boss section when he's in the force field (have the other 2 people kill adds while you're doing the plates invisible)

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Oh man the Destiny Item Manager makes life so much easier see what I do don't have. The lack of Vault organisation in the game is disappointing, but the website makes it so much easier. Just being able to A-Z stuff makes it infinitely more usable.

E92 M3

Why are people asking for more grind, Jesus.

Here’s a novel idea: you can play the game without chasing anything. If you have fun in the Crucible or Raid or whatever, it shouldn’t be any less fun just because there’s no “reward” - I mean the whole point of these “rewards” is to use them anyways. So once you have it all: use it :)

I've been saying this for years. I HATE GRINDING and I HATE this grindy faction event.

LiK

301 without really touching the raid. Kinda crazy to me that you don’t need the raid to hit the level cap.

Yea, you no longer need Raid to be maxed out. I assume Bungie wants everyone to have the ability to play more higher PL activities without having to raid.

E92 M3

"I've spent 300 hours playing D2 since launch - now what?"

Those posts are so ridiculous lmao.

Most people are still trying to get their first raid done.

Lakitu

st5fu

Yeah, I don't understand those kind of complaints... it's a little silly. I've not even had the time to touch my first raid yet... I'm just trying to focus on getting Rat King today.

TsuWave

tbf, those posts have to be contextualized. the hardcore destiny players are used to sinking hundreds of hours into the game and still having a reason to play for/something to chase

Why are people asking for more grind, Jesus.

Here’s a novel idea: you can play the game without chasing anything. If you have fun in the Crucible or Raid or whatever, it shouldn’t be any less fun just because there’s no “reward” - I mean the whole point of these “rewards” is to use them anyways. So once you have it all: use it :)
Exactly my thoughts. I don't get the desperation for another carrot to hang on a stick: just eat your damn carrots.

E92 M3

Yeah, I don't understand those kind of complaints... it's a little silly. I've not even had the time to touch my first raid yet... I'm just trying to focus on getting Rat King today.

The game shouldn't be balanced for people like me that play the fuck out of it. Everyone should be able to make good progress playing a couple of hours a day and the hardcore can have the challenging content like prestige, raid, and trials.

noomi

Got the st0mp ee5 last night at 305 PL, yyyiiissss!

I've heard these things are pretty good and decided to check them out in the EDZ. With high jump the height you gain from these boots is in-fucking-sane. Feels like I can jump over buildings, seriously. Strafe jump seems to get a little boost, and feels really good too.

High jump with the st0mp ee5's is almost too much though, I would keep overshooting due to the height lol.

LiK

Is this noob friendly?

Id like to go effectively fast so I would say you need to have it done once at least

Highly highly recommend anyone without raid experience to watch video guides to understand the mechanics. Less explaining of what to do and more time to coordinate and do runs. I watched enough guides that I was able to complete the raid without too much trouble in my first attempt just this past week before reset.

E92 M3

tbf, those posts have to be contextualized. the hardcore destiny players are used to sinking hundreds of hours into the game and still having a reason to play for/something to chase

Chasing RNG-rolled weapons wasn't fun. Sure it was great for the person that got the god-rolled Matador after 10 hours of trying, but what about for the person that never got it? Real fun right?

lionelhutz

Highly highly recommend anyone without raid experience to watch video guides to understand the mechanics. Less explaining of what to do and more time to coordinate and do runs. I watched enough guides that I was able to complete the raid without too much trouble in my first attempt just this past week before reset.

I watched a 45 minute guide, but haven't done the raid yet.

TsuWave

and its easy to ridicule and/or be dismissive of the people that say they have put tons of hours into the game and realize how shallow the end game is right now/want something to chase(grind) but i feel that if it wasn't for that percentage of players this franchise wouldn't be nowhere near as successful. from word of mouth to the reddit strats, to sherpa duties, etc. i'd also hazard a guess they are the ones that get eververse booming

Chasing RNG-rolled weapons wasn't fun. Sure it was great for the person that got the god-rolled Matador after 10 hours of trying, but what about for the person that never got it? Real fun right?

To you...to that person. to countless others it was fun. nevermind that's only one of many things that could be done to improve end game.

Matt Frost

Do i need to be with other Rat King people with the quest to do the nightfall or can i do it being the only one with the quest? Please help

Matt Frost

I need the Rat King nightfall step if you wanna run it today!

PSN: Appletz

Edit:
brb about 10mins, have to run to the car for something

We (my team) just found out that one of the players need to do the entire mission first so i wont be able to do it today after all. But tomorrow probably if you can. Will add you to psn and invite you tomorrow. Mrzuith is the user that will be adding you.

E92 M3

and its easy to ridicule and/or be dismissive of the people that say they have put tons of hours into the game and realize how shallow the end game is right now/want something to chase(grind) but i feel that if it wasn't for that percentage of players this franchise wouldn't be nowhere near as successful. from word of mouth to the reddit strats, to sherpa duties, etc. i'd also hazard a guess they are the ones that get eververse booming

To you...to that person. to countless others it was fun. nevermind that's only one of many things that could be done to improve end game.

"Countless." are you sure about that? I was a hardcore of a Destiny player as they get - and it was not fun. We just did it to stay competitive. Why do you think Bungie started changing things as the years went on and we now have locked rolls? Did you also have fun getting armor and weapons that needed to be leveled up?

woolley

I'm stuck at getting 268 level engrams and can't figure out how to get anything higher. I changed all my equipment to blues to make sure I had nothing inflating my light level and still I only get 268's. What am I doing wrong?

Floody

I just wish you could get Eververse items through in-game events, instead of only through her. I think having all those items for end game players to chase would make for a good enough end game.

We (my team) just found out that one of the players need to do the entire mission first so i wont be able to do it today after all. But tomorrow probably if you can. Will add you to psn and invite you tomorrow. Mrzuith is the user that will be adding you.

Sure thing, just give me a general time range of when you're looking to do it as I'm not typically on at this time (but I can be).

AaronMT86

I miss sniping in Destiny 2. I got a 305 D.A.R.C.I and started using it all throughout the day yesterday. It’s not that bad. Healthy magazine size, snappy. The scope is a tad over the top but you get used to it.

noomi

Whats that exotic sniper rifle that's a PS4 exclusive. I've never seen one in-game and have never even seen it when previewing exotic engrams....

I'm stuck at getting 268 level engrams and can't figure out how to get anything higher. I changed all my equipment to blues to make sure I had nothing inflating my light level and still I only get 268's. What am I doing wrong?

You've hit the soft cap.

Once you hit 265, pretty much the only way you can level your increase power level is through exotic engrams, milestones that grant powerful gear/luminous engrams, the raid, the nightfall, and trials.

Also you don't need to swap gear around, the game is now smart enough to know what you have in your inventory and vault, and even on different characters. It will then determine what PL gear to drop for you appropriate for your level.

How do you hit anything with wardclif? I was trying to use it on the cabal PE where you need to destroy the ship for the heroic and I got maybe 1/3 of the rockets to hit. Does the thing need to be right in front of you?

noomi

How do you hit anything with wardclif? I was trying to use it on the cabal PE where you need to destroy the ship for the heroic and I got maybe 1/3 of the rockets to hit. Does the thing need to be right in front of you?

Think of it as a rocket shotgun, you'll need to be close(ish) for it to really shine... but not close enough that you will kill yourself.

I think the best use for it is jumping above a group of enemies and firing it down below yourself.

Think of it as a rocket shotgun, you'll need to be close(ish) for it to really shine... but not close enough that you will kill yourself.

I think the best use for it is jumping above a group of enemies and firing it down below yourself.

Ok so I should be thinking crowd control instead of single target.

Top Bottom