• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC |OT| Uncapped Framerates

I hit 20 last night and the leveling experience was much better than D1. The missions had more variety and there is at least a coherent story. Sure the story wasn’t anything great, but at least it had one this time around. The world looks great and the gameplay is good as ever.

Now for some of the things I didn’t like. I hit 20 long before I finished the story and it felt like it just kept dragging on. I blame part of this on not getting your sparrow, so you have to run all these long fucking distances. I also heard once you hit max power there is nothing left to do, but that doesn’t really bother me. I had 400 hours in D1 and I mainly played pvp, so that’ll keep me busy until more content drops.

I’m really enjoying it. It’s definitely an improvement on the first. It reminds me of Splatoon 2. It doesn’t feel like a flown blown sequel. However, they redefined and polished everything; which is fine by me because I enjoyed the first one.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
0-265 definitely feels a lot better than 265+, the worthwhile content just dries right up. I'm currently 270ish on both characters and there's nothing to do that'll give me upgrades, please correct me if I'm wrong because I want something to do.

Macattk15

0-265 definitely feels a lot better than 265+, the worthwhile content just dries right up. I'm currently 270ish on both characters and there's nothing to do that'll give me upgrades, please correct me if I'm wrong because I want something to do.

I'm 287 and 285 on two characters. Just kinda followed this guide .... but if you already used up your weeklies and such you're boned till next reset.

https://imgur.com/a/h3uPL

And yeah. I feel there is an extreme lack of things to do ... even with the raid next week coming out ... I just don't think there is enough to do.

Do heroic public events for a chance at exotic engrams, theyll help raise your power level.

This game reminds me a lot of Diablo 3 on its release. Very good looking game, technically very impressive, game play is solid, but the writing is not that good, the story is kinda pathetic and a bunch of the decisions they made from the predecessor to the sequel are just mind boggling in their stupidity.

This game reminds me a lot of Diablo 3 on its release. Very good looking game, technically very impressive, game play is solid, but the writing is not that good, the story is kinda pathetic and a bunch of the decisions they made from the predecessor to the sequel are just mind boggling in their stupidity.

We can only pray that it has a similar turn-around.

Having a weird issue that is only occurring in Destiny.

Running a 1080ti and can 60fps, nice and smooth, with v sync on, but I do dip into the 50's sometimes with everything maxed at 1440p. If I turn vsync off the framerate jumps to 100ish but the game feels noticeably laggy to the point that I thought I was being capped at 30fps.

1080ti, overclocked 4670k, 8gb ram.

Edit:

Just tried playing the game at 1440p, lowest quality setting, and reduced render scale to 50%. Highest FPS I saw on patrol on Titan was 120fps but I was averaging around 70fps. Something seems weird when vsync is off.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Jumped into the raid yesterday with some friends, did the first event and then the second on challenge mode which was really fun. We plan to go back sometime tonight and finish it up. I've now levelled each class and I'm sitting between 280 - 295 on each of them which I'm happy with. The game has so much potential to be really great.

120v

should be asking in the performance thead, but... is the built in FPS counter known to be inaccurate? just feels off even at 120

framepacing issues perhaps?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
should be asking in the performance thead, but... is the built in FPS counter known to be inaccurate? just feels off even at 120

framepacing issues perhaps?

The counter is inaccurate according to Digital Foundry.

Top Bottom