• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Seasons Livestream Reveal this Friday @ Twitchcon 4:30pm PST

Lnkn52

Just cross posting from the OT

Sucks that these unique sparrows and ships are drops from bright engrams.

What happened to getting these exotic or rare looking items from doing specific end game modes like Prestige raid or missions like Black Spindle?

None of this stuff moved me. I hope the QoL stuff does.

I think folks are disappointed that seasons aren't really something else other than what we've already experienced in Rituals (Faction Rally, Iron Banner, etc) and the collective Clan objectives to work towards which is really all I expected it to be. We just now have an official explanation for what was already there. The only new thing revealed was seasonal stock at some of the vendors and a returning event for Season 2 in The Dawning.

Sawneeks

Banned
I do!

On Xbox which no one else plays :( My close personal friends mainly play Xbox so that’s where I picked it up.

Ah, darn. :<

Most of us are PS4 or PC. Next time you're on discord though I can add you if you want, we still talk about it in general there.

ZeoVGM

Banned
The new Ghosts are amazing.

Sounds like a timed thing like IB where the armour, ghost, sparrows and ships are only available for that period of the season.

It makes more sense for IB but with factions, it's 3 sets per class. They're kind of screwing over collectors here.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I feel like some people are being overly harsh here. They acknowledged some issues, showed off new stuff. Then in December we get an expansion and likely 3 week event.

I'm disappointed in no FotL and some other stuff but what were people expecting seasons to be other than time frames for events and new loot?

Strakt

I feel like some people are being overly harsh here. They acknowledged some ossues, showed off new stuff. Then in December we get an expansion and likely 3 week event.

I'm disappointed in no FotL and some other stuff but what were people expecting seasons to be other than time frames for events and new loot?

Not to mention they are holding 3 streams in november. As a PC player, im hyped for those, because for sure they'll show off new content in those while I'm still working on the current content

urge26

Streams are there to hype and sell DLC in November. Glad my expectations were super low on this, because it feels like collecting things with little to no value and throwing it in an overflowing garage.

Really hope there is better news on the horizon with Osiris, because unfortunately I've already ponied up on the deluxe edition.

I'll give em credit, the new Ghost and Ship designs are ahead of the Same Damn Designs Every Time of D1.

:p guess it should be better if it's part of loot boxes though

Kfkf5SU.png

Spoo

Just cross posting from the OT

Sucks that these unique sparrows and ships are drops from bright engrams.

What happened to getting these exotic or rare looking items from doing specific end game modes like Prestige raid or missions like Black Spindle?

None of this stuff moved me. I hope the QoL stuff does.

When people are complaining about there being no end-game this is a big part of the reason why.

All end-game loot is now available for $4.99 in a loot box near you. Can you imagine if completing a prestige nightfall got you an exotic sparrow, and that was the only way to get it? Might actually play those things.

Toli08

It's almost like they don't even know what the issues are with this game. They went completely opposite of Destiny vanilla. Both extremes are completely terrible. Why do you want us to grind for pointless tokens that don't give you anything beneficial.

Yay more bright engram stuff that's useless.

What about giving us a reason to play through the strike playlist? Or any other part of this game.

They created a raid that is pointless to run through after two or three times. Whoever came up with the idea that raid armor shouldn't have special perks should be fired on the spot. One of the worst decisions made in this game. Heck the raid in general is horrible in my opinion. You fight one boss fight and then have three simplistic challenges. Great job Bungie. Heck the designer of the raid should be fired on the spot as well.

They also need to either remove the movement, resilence, recovery system or give a option for all three classes to be able to build a certain style of armor class. It's ridiculous that the Hunter is stuck having to have mobility which honestly does nothing compared to the other two. It would also give people a reason to play and grind for that recovery armor set.

The weapon mods overall aren't a bad idea but they just implemented it terribly. Give us better style mods for weapons or armor to create special gear.

All they had to do was take Destiny Taken king and build from that. Instead they went and created a casual loot shooter without any interesting loot or end game. This game feels lile OG Final Fantasy 14. Where they only wanted you to play a couple hours a week.

But we got more cosmetics yay game is saved now!

When people are complaining about there being no end-game this is a big part of the reason why.

All end-game loot is now available for $4.99 in a loot box near you. Can you imagine if completing a prestige nightfall got you an exotic sparrow, and that was the only way to get it? Might actually play those things.

I'd rather get something useful instead of a cosmetic from a prestige nightfall.

Van Bur3n

accurate.

is this what the D2 community feels this game really needs in the near term? more hats?

We're in an industry where consumers will spends loads of money on loot boxes containing solely cool looking skins (i.e. Overwatch). They're just following through with the trend, and to a degree, it's probably working.

And as cool as some of this stuff looks, it doesn't do jack shit. No new game modes for PVP that this game desperately needs, still no incentive added to make strikes or returning to story missions worth doing.

What Bungie now qualifies as an end game is chasing after these meaningless cosmetics.

Dynasty8

Missed the stream. Anyone have a short description of what was announced or shown?

Edit: nevermind, saw the Reddit post.

katsais

Nothing exciting, and quite underwhelming to me.I see content recycling and reskinning. It really is Destiny Reboot

Man, this stuff would've completely ruined me if I was into Destiny 2 as much as I was into the first one.

Those new ghosts are amazing, the dream of a Servitor ghost lives!

hydruxo

I feel like some people are being overly harsh here. They acknowledged some issues, showed off new stuff. Then in December we get an expansion and likely 3 week event.

Yeah I'm not particularly impressed but I think they did a pretty solid job with this. I probably won't play too much between now and the DLC but they've made some good changes here.

lt519

Really let down, honeymoon phase is over for me, this is going to take a backseat until the DLC I think.

Hopefully they can figure something out with the DLC to keep people playing after clearing the new raid.

I missed the first Faction Rally (I was away on vacation)

I just want my characters to pledge loyalty to each Faction.

I want Faction gear.

When is the next Faction Rally?

If October doesn't have a Faction Rally, I quit this game

pantsmith

So basically hope you get the cool cosmetic shit + your clan maxes its XP every four months.

Heck the designer of the raid should be fired on the spot as well.

Im just as underwhelmed as you are, atm, but this narrative of people at Bungie needing to be fired (I’ve seen this everywhere) has got to stop.

Shadous

Neo Member
This sounds great to me. This is all the extra outside of DLC content that I've wanted to see. Now hopefully the Osiris DLC adds some more endgame modes to cap it off.

Yeah but they put a LOGO on it!

Real talk, if we're going to get reskins, why not at least bring the D1 content into it? Yeah it's still a content reuse, but at least it wasn't in D2 yet.

the fucked up part is that they didn't even let players time to get into Faction Rally becaue lol it was only one week alone

I swear, I'm nearing the rage quit on the game

Toli08

So basically hope you get the cool cosmetic shit + your clan maxes its XP every four months.

Im just as underwhelmed as you are, atm, but this narrative of people at Bungie needing to be fired (I’ve seen this everywhere) has got to stop.

Fine I can even live with a demotion Japan style. Just don't let that person nowhere near the next raid.

Mikey Jr.

I like how you can't even chat in the social space. Fucking ghost town game.
Joining instances with literally no one else unless I rejoin 5 times in a row.

Glad I sold the game before the bottom dropped out on it price wise.

GhaleonEB

I came out of the live stream disappointed. I've since thought about it and realized Bungie just did a lot of the things I wanted them to do with Destiny 1.

High on the list of things I wish we got during Destiny 1 was a roadmap for Bungie's support plans. We didn't get one for a few reasons, high on the list being, Bungie's sustaining plan changed several times. Smaller expansions, big annual expansion, micro-transactions supporting events, big spring refreshes of existing content. They didn't really lock into a cadence until the back half of Destiny's life cycle and even then were very hesitant to talk about much until right before it released.

What they did here was outline a roadmap for the next year (~3 month seasons), message the scope of what will change with each season (mostly cosmetic, but also new weapons, armor, MP maps, weapon re-balancing, clan rank resets, etc.), cover a lot of the specifics that are coming with each (The Dawning, Festival of the Lost), show early concepts for things not yet finished (something they very rarely did with D1), and demonstrate they were going to react quickly to feedback with the Iron Banner changes.

Basically, along with the first two expansions, we have a roadmap and support plan for the first year. We never got that kind of clarity with with Destiny 1, and I complained about it quite a bit. In hindsight, I understand better why it never came. But the fact that they have a plan together this time around is just another of the ways that Destiny 2 is starting off on much more solid ground that D1 did.

There was a lot of fluff to pad out the live stream, but at high level, this is something I really wanted from Bungie for Destiny and I think they should get some credit for getting their house in order and setting expectations this far in advance.

Now about that FWC faction rally armor concepts...

DarkJC

I don't mind Bright Engrams, in fact I like them way more than motes of light. I'm actually interested to see what I get with each one. Keeping them fresh each season makes sense.

But, personally, it feels too slow to me after your first 3 for the week are done. I played for 2-2.5 hours and got half a level and that's with a fireteam medallion or whatever that item is.

I've seen 1 exotic emote, no exotic ships, no exotic sparrows, and no armor. Feels like my chances of collecting the unique stuff in a season are almost nil unless I buy silver.

renzolama

It's almost like they don't even know what the issues are with this game. They went completely opposite of Destiny vanilla. Both extremes are completely terrible.

I've become convinced over the past couple years that Bungie doesn't actually know how to make a great game as a complete package. They know how to make pieces of a game that are best-in-class, but they don't know how to put them together and prioritize them as part of a larger, evolving vision. It seems evident in the way they freak out and make giant sweeping changes that throw out major positive aspects of gameplay to "fix" minor negative ones over and over again. It's like if Bungie were Ferrari and got some complaints about the Portofino having trouble cornering at 200mph they'd come back two years later with a Corolla and say "now you can't go 200mph, problem solved!"

Edit: And a bunch of people would say "this new Ferrari is great, I don't have to worry about accidentally driving off a cliff at 200mph!" while the Portofino owners are thinking "wtf, I just wanted you to tweak the drivetrain"

Top Bottom