• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Seasons Livestream Reveal this Friday @ Twitchcon 4:30pm PST

Mrbob

The cusp of Diablo 3 seasons is they change in game mechanics and how you can build your characters. So far this is the game plays the same but you get even more cosmetics!

I'm not against more cosmetics, I think they're good to have. Only they should be the bonus that you don't even talk about prior to release so players can be surprised by how rad the new item I get looks. I'm not going to be excited about being told I'm going to get a new transmute effect months from release, if I don't know about one when it drops it will be a cool experience. What you should be talking about now is how you're going to make the game better.

That's too bad. When I saw seasons I had hoped Bungie took inspiration from Diablo 3.

Matticers

Which is a Seasons-related mode. It changes and comes-and-goes with the Seasons.

A lot of the changes people want ( rolls on guns, PvE modes, and added End Game ) are related to the core of the game, not these small modes that change every few months.

Doesn't season 2 change for all modes in Destiny 2 at the same time? I don't see why they can't add new guns or new ways to acquire them or things like that when the rollover to season 2 happens.

It's the same shit with clan banners. It's a pretty cool to see how it works when you get in the game and have no idea when it will be there, it's nothing to hype up.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
This is an extremely lame reward. They should be giving an aura as a reward. Not something you have to go check inside a menu.

I understand that this was for seasons, but why? There isn't enough here to justify an hour-long livestream. This stuff should have just been put on a blog post.

They were invited by Twitch to Twitchcon (that's what this is) a while ago without even really knowing what they'd be talking about. I think this is an alright use of that time.

Doesn't season 2 change for all modes in Destiny 2 at the same time? I don't see why they can't add new guns or new ways to acquire them or things like that when the rollover to season 2 happens.

"Clan perks will change each season in connection to the content you're after at that time" is political way of them saying that each time a Season changes, it will align with a DLC drop.

So there WILL be new content but that content is connected to the DLC, not the Seasons. Because DLC content requires DLC to be bought. Seasons run for everyone even when they don't have the DLC.

It's two separate content pipelines.

Kadin

A new banner you can choose to use and think back to all the great times you had during said season. Do people really think that more than maybe one or twice? What a weird way to sell your players on a pretty meh reward.

Ryuuga

Banned
c3f.gif

Yeah, one thing for sure is that whenever they do actually reveal the first expansion they better have some substantial shit to show off in terms of gameplay because while this is all cool loot to earn, none of it is actual new things to play.

That expansion better be beefy or the community is going to rapidly dry up

Maddocks

Poor PC owners, you have 1 month and a few weeks to earn everything offered in season 1 till its alllllll gone.

All this panel has done is re-affirm my feeling that my friends and I will be spending a lot less time in Destiny 2. This is both a disappointment and a relief. I skipped so many other games because I was busy grinding D1, and its looking like I'll actually have time this fall to enjoy a wide variety of games.

Sawneeks

Banned

It sounds like Season changes just change the rewards you can get in those events. They said earlier the only reason they aren't changing IB is for the PC release and are holding it off for Season 2. Pretty sure they did say they would release new guns for IB and Faction Rally, but the stats aren't clear and they looked like reskins ( again ).

New modes likely will be tied to DLC. Deep changes like adding random rolls to guns might be a DLC tie too if they ever get around to it.

MrDaravon

Some of the new loot looks cool (ghosts, sparrows, etc) and is exciting, but the fact THAT is what excited me the most about this panel is actually incredibly depressing. A lot of this stuff is good and steps in the right direction (especially being able to directly buy stuff from faction vendors), but this is all icing on a non-existent cake right now.

The urgency (such as it is) for season-exclusive stuff will probably get me to play a bit more than I'm playing right now which is zero, but that's about it. I'm not mad, but I continue to be really disappointed that I'm not being given more reasons to play the game since I do enjoy it.

The live team stream was about what I expected. The seasons idea is good, chance for them to change things more frequently. Which compared to Destiny would be better. Oh well, see you in Winter 2017.

Sawneeks

Banned
It kinda feels like they took the wrong inspiration from Overwatch and ran too far with it.

'what do the kids love these days? Cosmetics! They'll buy that! We'll give them a way to get them for free too but that should be our focus!'

and in the end it sacrificed End Game and replay-ability. :x

Strakt

I mean did anyone expect them to announce completely brand new content (strikes, revamp endgame, etc.) at a small panel @ twitchcon? I was expecting an announcement of ranked pvp with seasons , but I guess not. Regardless, will finally get to play the game this tuesday!

CookTrain

I was waiting for a reason to get excited about my PvE again, since I don't really put much time into PvP.

I don't feel like they announced any improvements for PvE? Did I miss something?

Top Bottom