• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Seasons Livestream Reveal this Friday @ Twitchcon 4:30pm PST

Finaj

I mean, mounts in game like WoW are cool because you can actually use them in the world. The ships in Destiny are just loading screens.

renzolama

Is this what Destiny has been reduced to now? People ooh'ing and aah'ing over new artwork that has no meaningful gameplay impact? Twenty minutes of discussion on emotes and bright engram xp.

sinkfla87

I walked away from my TV mid stream after hearing they're going to remove certain emotes each season. That's fucking dumb. People want more content and while emotes is low on the totem pole as far as content goes, it's still removing content from the player (unless you wanna buy some bright engrams and hope RNGesus loves you). I do like hearing about the slight changes to Iron Banner as far as being able to outright purchase gear, though.

Another thing is people more want more content that isn't strictly cosmetic, and that seems to be the biggest focus for Bungie right now :/.

Matticers

Hope you like cosmetics. Get your wallets ready as you try to get this stuff that will disappear at the end of season 1. And the new things to buy when season 2 hits. Enjoy your endgame until then.

forrest

formerly nacire
Self expression, personalization, character customization, your individual guardian...

Here have the same character creator from the first game.

:/

Kadin

So they feel that the community is hungry for cosmetics like these versus actual gameplay content or they simply have nothing of the latter to show?

Matticers

The backlash is going to just get louder and stronger if they don't address it at all during this stream. They can absolutely make changes related to seasons. They basically said they're fixing iron banner in season 2.

That stuff is DLC-level content change. This was advertised well ahead of time to be about the Seasons, not the DLC.

Sure, but when comparisons are being thrown around with Diablo and Path of Exile, which at least do something for gameplay, in terms of what Destiny 2 seasons might be, I think this is kind of a letdown.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
45mins of whole fucking nothing :lol

ORNAMENTS
SHADERS
EMOTES
EVERVERSE ITEMS

nobody cares, c'mon, tell us about actual content.

Mrbob

So I'm finally going to play Destiny 2 on PC release but I'm not sure what I'm watching here. Emotes and shaders. It's like a shitty version of Diablo 3 seasons.

A lot of these new cosmetics look really ugly to me. Almost all of them imo actually. I like the ghosts I guess.

Also telling us theres more stuff for microtransations and more reskinned old armor and weapons with new shaders isnt really content I can see any of my friends coming back for longer than a day or 2.

Finaj

I understand that this was for seasons, but why? There isn't enough here to justify an hour-long livestream. This stuff should have just been put on a blog post.

So I'm finally going to play Destiny 2 on PC release but I'm not sure what I'm watching here. Emotes and shaders. It's like a shitty version of Diablo 3 seasons.

The cusp of Diablo 3 seasons is they change in game mechanics and how you can build your characters. So far this is the game plays the same but you get even more cosmetics!

I'm not against more cosmetics, I think they're good to have. Only they should be the bonus that you don't even talk about prior to release so players can be surprised by how rad the new item I get looks. I'm not going to be excited about being told I'm going to get a new transmute effect months from release, if I don't know about one when it drops it will be a cool experience. What you should be talking about now is how you're going to make the game better.

I understand that this was for seasons, but why? There isn't enough here to justify an hour-long livestream. This stuff should have just been put on a blog post.

It probably would have been. Or a short stream from Bungie themselves. But Twitch asked them to do a presentation for Twitchcon due to Destiny's popularity up to now. So they said, sure.

45mins of whole fucking nothing :lol

ORNAMENTS
SHADERS
EMOTES
EVERVERSE ITEMS

nobody cares, c'mon, tell us about actual content.

The content in terms of new gameplay mechanics / modes isn't probably something they are going to talk about because its likely all going to be part of the December expansion

renzolama

Matchmaking algorithms are about to get a whole lot more complicated with all these cosmetics.

One example given by the patent is that a player who has shown a proclivity towards brightly colored high heels will be paired with RuPaul. The novice player may then be influenced to purchase the fabulous heels used by RuPaul.

Kadin

So the answer to will each season get a new map, I heard "NO."

honestly I wouldn't expect otherwise

Sawneeks

Banned
The backlash is going to just get louder and stronger if they don't address it at all during this stream. They can absolutely make changes related to seasons. They basically said they're fixing iron banner in season 2.

Which is a Seasons-related mode. It changes and comes-and-goes with the Seasons.

A lot of the changes people want ( rolls on guns, PvE modes, and added End Game ) are related to the core of the game, not these small modes that change every few months.

GhaleonEB

1 new MP map to be added in season 2 as part of an event, then rolled out into general matchmaking.

Still haven't played Crucible, but that's the first bit of new gameplay content.

I actually liked Winamp enough to buy it!

Anyway I don't know what the hell this is. I want more strikes, some reasons to actually play the strikes playlist . And new raids. Stop fucking around, they rolled with the excuse that D1 had a troubled content pipeline. And they needed to make a sequel to fix it. Fine. Whatever. But now you have to deliver the content as you're out of excuses.

Top Bottom