• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Seasons Livestream Reveal this Friday @ Twitchcon 4:30pm PST

hmr4mHC.png

Yup.

Poor PC owners, you have 1 month and a few weeks to earn everything offered in season 1 till its alllllll gone.
It’s been what, a little over exactly a month since this thing dropped? I’m pretty sure EVERYTHING in this game can be experienced or earned multiple times across all 3 class types in this game in that time frame. The only thing I haven’t touched is Adventures Or starting a warlock and that’s mostly because I’ve spent an above average amount of time trying to make myself like this crucible after being crazy into Y1&Y2 Destiny pvp.

Tovarisc

Peoples takeaway is "Cosmetics!!1!" and nothing else even when they also talked about revamping how you can gain event like IB gear from vendor and touched on that they will be doing some changes to perks on gear and maybe also how to access those perks.

GhaleonEB

I was waiting for a reason to get excited about my PvE again, since I don't really put much time into PvP.

I don't feel like they announced any improvements for PvE? Did I miss something?

Nothing specific. Some new gear coming, and the sandbox update will update perks as well as weapon behaviors. They hinted at PvE event(s), but again nothing specific.

Sounds like the first look at the expansion will be in the unannounced Twitch streams. Maybe at that games show in two weeks.

I was waiting for a reason to get excited about my PvE again, since I don't really put much time into PvP.

I don't feel like they announced any improvements for PvE? Did I miss something?

Unless you really enjoy snowball fights and hockey in the Tower, no, you didn't miss any substantial PVE info.

MrS

Banned
Ice Hockey AND snowball fights? Just what I always wanted in a loot shooter...

The devs/decision makers are so out of touch with what the community wants that it's beyond comprehension.

I would also like to put on record how disappointed I am that the raid emblems don't track how many times you've beat the raid. Like how obvious should that have been.

CLBridges

Next IB you'll be able to direct purchase armor/weapons *crowd cheers*. This is something we had in D1 being added back in D2 as a feature, wow. New ghosts, sparrows and ships that don't drop in the wild but only in eververse, at least there will be double XP events for grinding bright engrams. I'm playing D2 currently but geez, there seems to be a disconnect somewhere.

jviggy43

Everytime I feel Ive lowered my expectations accordingly to what Bungie will deliver with this franchise, they go and do something like this and I'm just left scratching my head as to whether or not they know theyre this out of touch or if theyre genuinely thinking this is the sort of big announcement fans will clamor over. I just don't get it.

benzopil

Peoples takeaway is "Cosmetics!!1!" and nothing else even when they also talked about revamping how you can gain event like IB gear from vendor and touched on that they will be doing some changes to perks on gear and maybe also how to access those perks.

Just like we did for 3 years in D1, wow

Sawneeks

Banned

Didn't you hear? Getting angry and not talking about actual changes is the cool thing to do now. Don't forget threatening employees with losing their jobs! /s

Real talk though, I am happy about those IB changes. Purchasing Weapons/Armor instead of waiting of random roles is really nice and a welcomed change. I'm also really interested in learning more about the new ornaments that are tied with certain 'accomplishments' and feats you have to complete in-game.

I'd feel better about it if it wasn't common sense based on their previous 3 years of Destiny and the fact that it won't be live in time for the next IB. I mean, I'm glad they're acting on the feedback but still.

Z O N E

So no actual End Game content/Power Level increase? This is a joke.

Perk Rolls actually made you want to grind the game to get that perfect perk for your guns and armour. Now we get snowball fights and more hats...

jviggy43

Didn't you hear? Getting angry and not talking about actual changes is the cool thing to do now. Don't forget threatening employees with losing their jobs! /s

Real talk though, I am happy about those IB changes. Purchasing Weapons/Armor instead of waiting of random roles is really nice and a welcomed change. I'm also really interested in learning more about the new ornaments that are tied with certain 'accomplishments' and feats you have to complete in-game.

Reversion. Theyre reverting not implementing a new change. To a system we had for 3 years in destiny 1. Wow. Fans are so unjustly angry.

benzopil

Reversion. Theyre reverting not implementing a new change. To a system we had for 3 years in destiny 1. Wow. Fans are so unjustly angry.

Well for Destiny fans this is different. When Bungie makes someting irrelevant or removes something and then puts it back, it feels like a new content. People scream "BUNGIE LISTENED", get hyped etc.

Source: I was a Destiny fan for 3 years.

Sawneeks

Banned

*They are fixing their fuck-up.

I'm happy they are at least fixing it instead of just leaving it alone. I'm also not saying people aren't unjustly angry, there's a lot of reasons to be upset with how the game is shaping up to be, but just focusing on that alone turns talking into D2 a toxic mess. The game has a lot of problems that need fixing but it doesn't hurt to talk about the positive changes either.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Wow, a different staff for the clan banner that shows in a menu.

Thanks, Bungie.

As soon as I level up my Warlock and get the Platinum, I'll be out until the expansion hits. Which I guess is what they want.

jviggy43

Well for Destiny fans this is different. When Bungie makes someting irrelevant or removes something and then puts it back, it feels like a new content. People scream "BUNGIE LISTENED", get hyped etc.

Source: I was a Destiny fan for 3 years.
Refer to my post above about setting expectations haha (source I too have been on this ride since year 1).
*They are fixing their fuck-up.

I'm happy they are at least fixing it instead of just leaving it alone. I'm also not saying people aren't unjustly angry, there's a lot of reasons to be upset with how the game is shaping up to be, but just focusing on that alone turns talking into D2 a toxic mess. The game has a lot of problems that need fixing but it doesn't hurt to talk about the positive changes either.
Thats fine but I just think its sad that here we are talking about fixing a mistake as a positive when it shouldn't have been a problem in the first place. Also, people always refer to criticism with this game as toxic. I don't think anyone in here has been toxic (venting maybe but certainly not toxic haha)

Probably because the vast majority of their presentation was focused on cosmetics.

The IB changes are good, but that's really the only substance we got throughout the whole thing.

Sawneeks

Banned
Thats fine but I just think its sad that here we are talking about fixing a mistake as a positive when it shouldn't have been a problem in the first place. Also, people always refer to criticism with this game as toxic. I don't think anyone in here has been toxic (venting maybe but certainly not toxic haha)

No, I get you. It would've been way better if this wasn't even an issue to begin with but since it did end up being a problem at least in the end it got fixed. I'd love to live in the world where all the good changes from D1 carried over to D2 but alas, it's Bungie.

Nobody here has been toxic! Probably should have clarified that on my part lol. Usually I've seen discussion of D2 end in complaining or just calling it 'shit' and that's all it revolves around. Wanting to talk about a game with others and just have it boil down into complaining about every aspect of it doesn't really make you want to play it. I'm not saying people shouldn't complain, that's what gets changes to happen, but a mix of both that and some positives really doesn't hurt. :x

Sawneeks

Banned
So is there a definitive answer on if we can buy the armor directly or just the weapons?

Nat you play D2?? What system are you on? We have a few who play over on Gafia if you want access on the Discord. o:

Are they seriously skipping Festival of the Lost?

Was just thinking that too. Feels like they would have announced it by now if they were doing something.

Guess no Raisins this year...

Tovarisc

Probably because the vast majority of their presentation was focused on cosmetics.

The IB changes are good, but that's really the only substance we got throughout the whole thing.

Not really.

We also learned there will be
  • 4 seasons, 3 months each
  • All of them will add shaders, cosmetics to Eververse and new gear sets to all events etc.
  • Season changes will be used to release more major rebalances to the game
  • Seasonal events come back with exclusive gear
  • Season 2 will add actual new PvP map which is kinda amazing from Content Drought Bungo that was unable to release new bits to gameplay affecting content between DLC's
Seasons overall will be mostly filler and balance tuning between more major content releases in form of DLC's.

There was other info than massive Eververse cosmetics dump.

The issue for me right now is that loot progression is flat beyond the different aesthetics and the activity's on offer are practically the same (though I really like the raid) or worse (I liked PVP in 1 but not 2) and they don't offer anything new beyond the fact you get more exotics if you public quest now, but those quest are pretty much the same as in D1.

I just don't get the angle they're trying to go for outside of them thinking some players have a weakness for cosmetics.

renzolama

Not really.

We also learned there will be
  • 4 seasons, 3 months each
  • All of them will add shaders, cosmetics to Eververse and new gear sets to all events etc.
  • Season changes will be used to release more major rebalances to the game
  • Seasonal events come back with exclusive gear
  • Season 2 will add actual new PvP map which is kinda amazing from Content Drought Bungo that was unable to release new bits to gameplay affecting content between DLC's
Seasons overall will be mostly filler and balance tuning between more major content releases in form of DLC's.

There was other info than massive Eververse cosmetics dump.

You're overselling the announcements just as hard as the previous guy was underselling them

ZeoVGM

Banned
So I'm not able to watch it yet but are they really swapping out full armor sets every season for the Faction Rally? Meaning we only gave one more to get all of the current sets, next month? (I assume it's back next month.)

Strakt

You're overselling the announcements just as hard as the previous guy was underselling them

I don't think he is overselling anything. The stream did its job of explaining what a season means in destiny and went into great detail of season 2.

Bold One

That was just ok, nothing special.

Anyone who thinks they would have solved the particular thing 'wrong' with the game and will somehow make a major announcement at Twitchcon is just set yourself for disappointment.

Tovarisc

The issue for me right now is that loot progression is flat beyond the different aesthetics and the activity's on offer are practically the same (though I really like the raid) or worse (I liked PVP in 1 but not 2) and they don't offer anything new beyond the fact you get more exotics if you public quest now, but those quest are pretty much the same as in D1.

I just don't get the angle they're trying to go for outside of them thinking some players have a weakness for cosmetics.

Season 2 lines up with release of DLC. It's very weird if DLC doesn't come with PL increase for more vertical climb.

If listing what was actually announced by developers on top of crapton of MT's then sure, I'm overselling.

Mindlog

I hate Bright Engrams.
I mean motes of light sucked too, but there's something off about the reward for leveling (which takes hours) being 1 MT token.

Natiko

Banned
Nat you play D2?? What system are you on? We have a few who play over on Gafia if you want access on the Discord. o:
I do!

On Xbox which no one else plays :( My close personal friends mainly play Xbox so that’s where I picked it up.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
also am i crazy or did d1 have better gun ornaments? I wasn't into them at all, never bought silver, but I mean, I looked at them a few times.

Also, this game needs an examine your gun command like in CS:GO

renzolama

I don't think he is overselling anything. The stream did its job of explaining what a season means in destiny and went into great detail of season 2.

Well, everyone is entitled to their own interpretation when the majority of the information is vague promises I guess. I didn't hear much that led me to believe that there would be consistent "major rebalancing" with seasons and I didn't think it was particularly "amazing" that they might release a new pvp map a couple times a year. It's classic Bungie using a lot of words without actually committing to anything consistent and specific outside of cosmetic / microtransaction changes. Saying "we could use these times to make major gameplay changes/improvements" is not the same as saying "we will do these major gameplay changes/improvements on these dates".

Edit: To be clear, my opinion is based on my bias as someone who doesn't particularly care about cosmetics/achievements/etc in games and wants to see big gameplay/mechanics changes. If that's your thing then sure, there's some interesting and valuable information there.

I hate Bright Engrams.
I mean motes of light sucked too, but there's something off about the reward for leveling (which takes hours) being 1 MT token.

Bright Engrams can get you shaders, sparrows, ships, mods, and seasonal armor. They are better in every way compared to Motes of Light which was a resource for upgrading/unlocking gear/weapon perks (no longer needed) and buying class items from the Speaker (also no longer a thing).

I'm not sure how long it takes but it doesn't seem that bad to fill the bar and I have 435 hours in Destiny 2.

Spoo

I guess I'm just left feeling totally empty by that stream.

Like, I get that the DLC or whatever they reveal in the November streams will be the "real deal", or whatever they consider the bulk of big content changes, but I don't know how they've built a real foundation for the stuff they want to do with seasons.

Like, consider Hearthstone, right? They have, uh, deck backings, and those are centered around actually doing something in that game -- raising your rank to 10 or something, and then you are rewarded at the end of the season for that. You earn it. You don't *buy* it.

So in Destiny 2, there's going to be all this cosmetic shit, and sure, you can earn it, but the whole limited-time nonsense applied to this is just going to coerce people into sending a bunch of cash Bungie's way, because who wants to miss out on that sweet stuff and leave it to the RNG gods to decide what they will have?

Not mentioned, of course, are the things you actually *earn* in Destiny. Like, they talked about perks, or doing missions for Ornaments, okay, that's *something*, but why am I getting all the details on stuff that I may never get, and zero details on the stuff that actually matters? It's as if these guys don't understand the audience at all. They don't understand who wants to play their game. They seem darkly oblivious to it all, or worse, they know and they just don't care.

It's not totally over for them. But this DLC needs to be big. Like... Destiny 2 *relaunch* big. Admitting, hey, we fucked up, and this is here to fix it. Otherwise I think I'll just end up giving up on this.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Bright Engrams can get you shaders, sparrows, ships, mods, and seasonal armor. They are better in every way compared to Motes of Light which was a resource for upgrading/unlocking gear/weapon perks (no longer needed) and buying class items from the Speaker (also no longer a thing).

I'm not sure how long it takes but it doesn't seem that bad to fill the bar and I have 435 hours in Destiny 2.

Yep, I like Bright Engrams. The problem is that nearly every single cosmetic thing and one of the best armor sets in the game is locked behind it.

There needs to be more in the game itself.

ZeoVGM

Banned
So I'm not able to watch it yet but are they really swapping out full armor sets every season for the Faction Rally? Meaning we only gave one more to get all of the current sets, next month? (I assume it's back next month.)

Anyone got an answer for this?

Top Bottom