• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Alpha Thread: Impressions from the wild [Code Begging=ban]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindlog

Welp, now the wait begins.
Lazy goodbye shot while we wait for them to let us in again.
laterswsmm.jpg

Spinluck

Well, DestinyGAF, I *was* going to come home and see if the Alpha was still online, but I got to my apartment to find that I had been robbed. They stole my Xbox One and PS4.

Police have been called; a report has been filed.

:|

Oh my fucking god dude. I'm so sorry to hear this.

I hope everything gets resolved, and they find whoever did this.

Voror

Weird, checked my profile and it says I never joined a clan when I remember joining DestinyGaf. Says there's a limit too. I wonder if that will remain for the final release or not.

Well, DestinyGAF, I *was* going to come home and see if the Alpha was still online, but I got to my apartment to find that I had been robbed. They stole my Xbox One and PS4.

Police have been called; a report has been filed.

:|

Man, reading this makes me angry.

My apartments was broken into right before Borderlands two came out. Stole all my shit, game consoles, tv, monitors, electronic gadgets, tools, everything. My place was a complete wreck, shit all over the place that they didnt take. Man, I was SOOO fucking incredibly pissed. I wanted to roam the streets and shoot anyone that even looked at me wrong. I was beyond furious, I was at blood lust levels of pissed.
Called police and filed a report. Had serials for all my stuff. Ws able to get a few things back but not all of them, as they were found in pawn shops. The guys were caught and sent to jail. But it's been a learning experience for me.

NEVER AGAIN WILL THAT SHIT HAPPEN. I took action right away when all my shit was stolen. Now all my new stuff??? Look below.

ALL my shit is locked down with locks. Some need a key, some need a combination, to mix it up in case they break into one or the other type of lock.

my macbook
Screen%20Shot%202014-06-16%20at%204.48.42%20PM.png

My Xbox 360
Screen%20Shot%202014-06-16%20at%204.49.24%20PM.png

my 32 inch TV
Screen%20Shot%202014-06-16%20at%204.50.52%20PM.png

my secondary monitor
Screen%20Shot%202014-06-16%20at%204.51.32%20PM.png

my PS4(had to drill a custom hole for the lock)
Screen%20Shot%202014-06-16%20at%204.52.16%20PM.png

and my gaming PC. The PC can't even be opened with the lock on it. The lock seals the removable side panel so it wont come open with the lock on. So my parts inside are also protected.
Screen%20Shot%202014-06-16%20at%204.52.54%20PM.png

and all those devices is locked down to a heavy, solid wood table that's bigger than the door frame.
Screen%20Shot%202014-06-16%20at%204.53.36%20PM.png

I drilled a hole into the wood to put all the lock cables into. So if someone was to try to take my shit, they'd have a VERY hard time getting any of this shit out the door. Having to get the table out a door way that's too small, plus all the shit that's locked to the table. and the TV is bolted and nailed to the table. You need tools to get the TV off the table, and my tools is locked in a closet.

NEVER A-FUCKING-GAIN will some punk ass motherfucker come up in here and take my shit. Got weapons stashed all in hidden places just in case someone was to pull that shit on me while i'm at home or I walk in on a home invasion in progress.

That was the first time that has happen to me and it was a wake up call. I'm being extra cautious now.

My apartments was broken into right before Borderlands two came out. Stole all my shit, game consoles, tv, monitors, electronic gadgets, tools, everything. My place was a complete wreck, shit all over the place that they didnt take. Man, I was SOOO fucking incredibly pissed. I wanted to roam the streets and shoot anyone that even looked at me wrong. I was beyond furious, I was at blood lust levels of pissed.
Called police and filed a report. Had serials for all my stuff. Ws able to get a few things back but not all of them, as they were found in pawn shops. The guys were caught and sent to jail. But it's been a learning experience for me.

NEVER AGAIN WILL THAT SHIT HAPPEN. I took action right away when all my shit was stolen. Now all my new stuff??? Look below.

ALL my shit is locked down with locks. Some need a key, some need a combination, to mix it up in case they break into one or the other type of lock.

my macbook

My Xbox 360
Screen%20Shot%202014-06-16%20at%204.49.24%20PM.png

my 32 inch TV
Screen%20Shot%202014-06-16%20at%204.50.52%20PM.png

my secondary monitor
Screen%20Shot%202014-06-16%20at%204.51.32%20PM.png

my PS4(had to drill a custom hole for the lock)
Screen%20Shot%202014-06-16%20at%204.52.16%20PM.png

and my gaming PC. The PC can't even be opened with the lock on it. The lock seals the removable side panel so it wont come open with the lock on. So my parts inside are also protected.
Screen%20Shot%202014-06-16%20at%204.52.54%20PM.png

and all those devices is locked down to a heavy, solid wood table that's bigger than the door frame.
Screen%20Shot%202014-06-16%20at%204.53.36%20PM.png

I drilled a hole into the wood to put all the lock cables into. So if someone was to try to take my shit, they'd have a VERY hard time getting any of this shit out the door. Having to get the table out a door way that's too small, plus all the shit that's locked to the table. and the TV is bolted and nailed to the table. You need tools to get the TV off the table, and my tools is locked in a closet.

NEVER A-FUCKING-GAIN will some punk ass motherfucker come up in here and take my shit. Got weapons stashed all in hidden places just in case someone was to pull that shit on me while i'm at home or I walk in on a home invasion in progress.

That was the first time that has happen to me and it was a wake up call. I'm being extra cautious now.
Goddamn dude. High five.

todd360

snip.

You were legit pissed. You should install cameras as well. Not for extra defense. Just for a hilarious youtube video if anyone tries to take your stuff again. EVERYTHING IS LOCKED DOWN! wtf man! Who lives here! lol

I just got cut off, was doing so well in crucible :(

anyone else?

the alpha bungie.net site isn't working for me either

half an hour ago, i disconnected midway through a legend strike with the two best players I've encountered in there thus far. i mean, we were tearing shit up so i thought we'd be able to go for a speedrun. I joined another game in the same spot a few minutes later, but I don't remember if they were the same people or not.

can't really complain. it's annoying, but it wont really matter soon :/

oh, is it down for good now? noooooooo

That's...intense. Don't think I'll go to that length, but I'll be making sure everything is locked before I leave.

Sawneeks

Banned
I can't log back in either. Keep getting error code zebra and centipede...

and I was literally 3 shots away from taking down the Walker solo! I know they said to expect ups and downs today but damn it, I was so close. ;w;

Kade

I can't log back in either. Keep getting error code zebra and centipede...

and I was literally 3 shots away from taking down the Walker solo! I know they said to expect ups and downs today but damn it, I was so close. ;w;

I got error code "chicken".

Dammit, servers just went down and it's rainy as all hell outside. Guess I'll watch some crappy soccer.... :/

Though, the tweet said they'd be off an on, so we'll see if it turns back up.

caterpillar, cattle, centipede, chicken, magpie, marionberry, mosquito, newt, olive, orange, pig, pigeon, pony, porcupine, porpoise

Bungie is actively tracking this general networking error. Your disconnect was reported the moment it occurred. Please try to join the game again. If you are unable to connect, it could be a result of tests that we are currently conducting. Watch help.bungie.net and @BungieHelp for updates about the Destiny Alpha.

https://alpha.bungie.net/en/Support

Hasney

my macbook

Dude, they made off with your H key. Need to lock that shit down too!

Neat setup, I may do the same

Sawneeks

Banned
Also can't log into the Destiny Alpha site. I get an error with an Ape dressed as a cowboy flying with a jetpack telling me this shouldn't be happening.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Error code: Centipede

Its a riddle guys. Keep track of it.

does anyone have beta codes active for both systems(xb1 and ps4)? does bungie even allow that was going to to the amazon thing so i can play on both systems.

Mindlog

Anyone want to do the Strike on Legend? Only thing I haven't done yet.
It's not too hard. I almost made it through with 0 deaths, but I got sloppy. Playing it on Brave gives you too much confidence in being able to stay out in the open headshotting everything.

World Cup time for me or I'd probably give it another shot. I hear there are some new easy to complete bounties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom