• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta for everyone who pre-ordered the game with PlayStation+

BokehKing

Banned
I pre ordered from best buy, didn't receive my code yet, I'm guessing they will send it around the time of the beta?

I may just buy the game outright so I can ore-doenload it or whatever

I pre ordered from best buy, didn't receive my code yet, I'm guessing they will send it around the time of the beta?

There should have been a code they emailed to you that you would had to enter on the bungie/destiny site to register it for the beta

ViciousDS

Banned

Best Buy goofed and gave me two codes at once so I gave one to my little brother. It didn't take long though after I pre-ordered to get them. yup 4/7/2014 pre-ordered got my beta codes the next day

bestbuy took about a day or so to send me a code when I preordered. If it doesn't show up within 48 hours, I'd email them or something in your case

I won a beta code for Destiny via IGN.... I was so happy because I hadnt pre-ordered.... and I never win things.

Now it doesnt even matter, Im still happy though. Slightly.

EDIT: wiat mis-read / didnt notice update, my bad.

Gray Matter

How does one go about ordering on Amazon? I've never used the site and I don't want to make an account just for this, does money get taken out of my bank account when I preorder?

How does one go about ordering on Amazon? I've never used the site and I don't want to make an account just for this, does money get taken out of my bank account when I preorder?

You aren't charged until it ships. Amazon sends you a code within a few minutes or so. Then you just register your code on bungie.net and cancel your amazon order. But, if you don't want to make an account I think you're out of luck. Because amazon needs an account.

Gray Matter

You aren't charged until it ships. Amazon sends you a code within a few minutes or so. Then you just register your code on bungie.net and cancel your amazon order. But, if you don't want to make an account I think you're out of luck. Because amazon needs an account.

I think the beta is worth the trouble, I guess I'll just have an amazon account then

I think the beta is worth the trouble, I guess I'll just have an amazon account then

I agree, and amazon is usually hassle free. I have received two codes from them(Destiny, and Destiny bundle), and cancelled one order with no problems. Great place for online ordering. Hope it's smooth sailing for ya

KiraXD

best buy took 2 days to send my code (got pre-order on a sunday... got code on tuesday.)

check spam (mine didnt go to spam... but its always safe to check...) gives you a code to enter over on bungies site... now im just waiting for bungie to send the PS code... or whatever comes next...

Heres what it says on my Bungie Profile:

Offers - Destiny Beta Reservation

Details - Platform selection and Beta download code generation will be available in 2014. An email will be sent to your verified email address when beta download codes are available.

Date - Jul 2 2014

elektrixx

Banned
What disappointed you?

Same 3 guys to kill and no loot. We're expected to grind, fighting a boss for 20 minutes? And then to a lesser extent there's the obvious monster closet and poor voice acting. I don't know or care about whoever the fuck Peter Dingleberry is.

Tekku

Same 3 guys to kill and no loot. We're expected to grind, fighting a boss for 20 minutes? And then to a lesser extent there's the obvious monster closet and poor voice acting. I don't know or care about whoever the fuck Peter Dingleberry is.

I haven't played the game myself yet, but I can understand some of your concern.

What do you mean with the same 3 guys? Do you mean the bosses?

elektrixx

Banned
I haven't played the game myself yet, but I can understand some of your concern.

What do you mean with the same 3 guys? Do you mean the bosses?

It's been a while now, but I remember there's the flying thing, the normal guy and the one that runs at you.

If the alpha didn't exist I would've pre-ordered already. It really put me off.

It's been a while now, but I remember there's the flying thing, the normal guy and the one that runs at you.

Just off the top of my head:

Fallen Shanks (flying robot)
Fallen Dregs (two-armed dudes)
Fallen Vandals (four-armed dudes with special weapons)
Fallen Captains (big four-armed dudes with heavy weapons)
Fallen Walker (six-legged tank boss)

Servitors (a tiny death star)
Sepiks Prime (a big tiny death star boss)

Hive Thrall (zombie chargers)
Hive Acolyte (needler guys in cover)
Hive Knight (muscle zombies with swords)
Cursed Thrall (straight-jaket zombies that explode when you kill them)
Hive Wizard (floating dude that throws poison energy balls)

Did you just watch someone stream the Alpha for like 20 minutes?

KiraXD

If the alpha didn't exist I would've pre-ordered already. It really put me off.

weird... because i didnt give a shit about this game UNTIL i played the alpha... preordered right away to get beta. (basically, i hate Halo... so i assumed since it was Bungie... that it would be too Halo for my tastes... boy was i wrong.)

anyone pre-ordered on PSN???

How do people who preordered on PSN gain access to the beta???

same as every other way... you should get a code to your email (your PSN email i assume)

Tusk

So, haven't payed attention to this in a while, and alil confused.
I'm wanting to play it on PS3, Pre ordering is the only way to get a code normally(which I have), but in order to play the beta I need PS+? Like half asleep, so dunno if how I read it is right or not.

anyone pre-ordered on PSN???

How do people who preordered on PSN gain access to the beta???

Just wanted to post this here, for people who aren't following the great withdrawal thread http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=839018 (check it out, help us, help you!)

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/INFO-Destiny-Beta/td-p/43892368

From the ps community forums:

Redeem Codes
If you pre-order Destiny via the PlayStation Store: You will receive a direct link to the Beta on 7/17/14 via email, XMB message (PS3) or a PS4 system notification. No beta code is required as your PlayStation Store pre-order will provide you access to download the beta when it's available.

Gray Matter

Just got my beta code, can't wait until the 17th!!

quick off topic question, those who ordered thru Amazon, how much was it? Mine came out to be little bit less than $70. Good thing I just did it for the beta.

Still so torn with the game. Loved the Alpha but the online only part really ruined it for me. Might have to just wait until it's discounted to get it.

Top Bottom