• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Thread: Moon wizards make Pet Sounds with space magic in a bottle

What is your favorite class?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

todd360

I die a little inside every time I read youtube comments on destiny videos.

"Don't get this game on the ps4 if you have an xbox console. This game was made for the xbox at the start and bungie is used to making stuff for the xbox. The graphics looks terrible on the ps4, another watch dogs crisis. I'll be getting this game for the 360 instead of my ps4, the meaningless exclusives don't mean jack shit. Not to mention the button layout for destiny on the ps4 is complete garbage. It's excellent on the xbox since bungie is used to the xbox. The graphics will look 10x on the xbox too. The graphics look blanf and dull on the ps4. No doubt destiny will be mainly played on xbox, and the ps4 peeps will be pissed off. When the xbox360 looks better than the ps4 for destiny there's a problem. This game wasn't even made with next gen in mind, it was made for current gen at the start for xbox. I will be getting destiny for my xbox360 and not ps4 as the 360 is superior to the ps4 for this in particular. I might even buy tbe x1 later for it."

What is this crap? Why must every youtube comment suck?

Correct. For the NA Amazon site at least, I don't know how it is in Europe.

Okay, cool. Thanks.

its_a_trap_star_wars.gif

Having the alpha on your hard drive will unlock Custom armor for each class:

Titan gets a purple pimp suit.
Hunter gets a Super Mario 3 themed raccoon suit.
Warlock gets a Jedi robe.

Don't ask who my source is.

My source is Tales From My Ass magazine.

I want this.

conejo.gif

Sit down and let me tell you the error of your ways ;)

I am hoping that you're just being a contrarian, because the natural choice (if you stay within the assumed storyline) is to create an Awoken Warlock who evolved into space magic. A robot wizard is a bit too George Lucas for me. Are you going for the Grievous approach to Destiny?

Grevious didn't have any space powers, he was just good at swing glowsticks around. Well, that and running away.

Izayoi

Banned
That GDC conference is pretty interesting. Lots of great concept art, most of it stuff I've seen but there are a few pieces in there that I hadn't before - and it's great having them expound on those images. I love hearing about the creative process that goes into world building.

I die a little inside every time I read youtube comments on destiny videos.

"Don't get this game on the ps4 if you have an xbox console. This game was made for the xbox at the start and bungie is used to making stuff for the xbox. The graphics looks terrible on the ps4, another watch dogs crisis. I'll be getting this game for the 360 instead of my ps4, the meaningless exclusives don't mean jack shit. Not to mention the button layout for destiny on the ps4 is complete garbage. It's excellent on the xbox since bungie is used to the xbox. The graphics will look 10x on the xbox too. The graphics look blanf and dull on the ps4. No doubt destiny will be mainly played on xbox, and the ps4 peeps will be pissed off. When the xbox360 looks better than the ps4 for destiny there's a problem. This game wasn't even made with next gen in mind, it was made for current gen at the start for xbox. I will be getting destiny for my xbox360 and not ps4 as the 360 is superior to the ps4 for this in particular. I might even buy tbe x1 later for it."

What is this crap? Why must every youtube comment suck?

This is what all my YouTube comments look like:

fMuYNJG.png

SnakeEyes

Banned
conejo.gif

Sit down and let me tell you the error of your ways ;)

I am hoping that you're just being a contrarian, because the natural choice (if you stay within the assumed storyline) is to create an Awoken Warlock who evolved into space magic. A robot wizard is a bit too George Lucas for me. Are you going for the Grievous approach to Destiny?
Hang on, it's entirely plausible. If the Exo were imbued with Space Magic to bring them to life, it's entirely possible that they'd be able to manipulate the same Space Magic.

deafmedal

My stoopid preorder for the LE didn't go through on Amazon even though everything went through at checkout and now they are unavailable... I was gonna give my extra beta code in the begging thread but I guess not.

Maybe I will be going digital after all but damn, I really wanted that LE :(

So when does this start?

I didn't even see that info in the OP, just the end date.

Really?

From the OP:

When is the Beta?
The public beta will be released in two waves. The first being on the Playstation 3 and 4 on July 17th. After that the Beta will be down for maintenance from July 21st to the 22nd to prepare for the Xbox (360 and One) launch, which will be on July 23rd.

Doodis

Has there been any comment on whether the Digital Guardian Edition will be available for pre-order for Xbox One? Sorry if this was already covered somewhere and I missed it.

Grevious didn't have any space powers, he was just good at swing glowsticks around. Well, that and running away.

Exactly, if Lucas couldn't get the Robot Wizard right, how can any of us?

Hang on, it's entirely plausible. If the Exo were imbued with Space Magic to bring them to life, it's entirely possible that they'd be able to manipulate the same Space Magic.

Damnit! Robot Wizard story arc created. Well done!

So when does this start?

I didn't even see that info in the OP, just the end date.
Can you read?
The public beta will be released in two waves. The first being on the Playstation 3 and 4 on July 17th. After that the Beta will be down for maintenance from July 21st to the 22nd to prepare for the Xbox (360 and One) launch, which will be on July 23rd.
Beaten like a warlock.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I want to try the beta on 360 just to see what it looks like.

As it is, apparently I have two bungie.net accounts with beta access attached, so I'll be giving away a handful of keys once they go out (PS4/XB1).

jaaz

I can't believe both the PS4 Limited and Ghost editions are already sold-out at Amazon. Either they are indeed limited or the demand is very high. Or both.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Still waiting for my commemorative Destiny Alpha shirt to ship too. C'mon Bungie!

Damnit! Robot Wizard story arc created. Well done!
I've been thinking about this for a while, considering the Exo back story is thus:
Destiny Wikia said:
Exo began as self-aware war machines developed by humanity during the Golden Age with the sole purpose of protecting their creators. They were rebooted during the collapse and now have no memory of their original function. Exos are "so advanced that nothing short of a Ghost can understand their inner functions. They remain ciphers, even to themselves; their origins and purpose lost to time. Whoever built the Exos fashioned them in humanity's image, gifting them with diversity of mind and body. Many of the City's Exo citizens live and work alongside their organic brethren, yet others fight again, reforged in the Light of the Traveler to serve as Guardians."

It is amazing to me that the CE and LE have sold out on PS4. It is also amazing that so many of you are making foolish choices instead of rolling Titan.

Anyone else going on media blackout after the beta?

cresto

Ah, just found it in the OP. Thanks for not flaming me. Looking forward to this! Might get it on PS3 to check it out and bounce over to Xbone a week later

blamite

In the full game a Human male Warlock will be my main. Gonna try to make him look kind of like me. I'm also gonna keep a Human female Titan and an Exo male Hunter around as secondary characters for when they're needed in a fireteam.

For the beta though, I'll probably only bother rolling with a Warlock. He is the best class after all, so why would I want to wast any of the precious few days of the beta on any inferior classes?

CvMhEVK.png

I still can't do it...

Never! Hell, if I had a bigger 360 hard drive, I'd still have the Halo Reach beta on there.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Yes, I can, thanks. I had skimmed the OP quickly earlier in the day and missed the section, seeing only seeing the end day.

You're all so friendly though, so thanks for that.
I apologise for them, they've been conditioned by the harsh environment of the Alpha Withdrawal thread, where the same questions were being asked every second page.

I apologise for them, they've been conditioned by the harsh environment of the Alpha Withdrawal thread, where the same questions were being asked every second page.

TO BE FAIR (but I guess this only applies to me)

Roger that. One more thing: Can I ask questions in the thread that are answered in this post?
You can in that you’re physically capable of doing that and I can’t stop you. But be warned that if you do, I will nag you.

I'm still bummed PS3 people can't play with PS4 (like in FFXIV).
This would've been so awesome.

Hopefully online world won't be too empty for me. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom