• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Thread: Moon wizards make Pet Sounds with space magic in a bottle

What is your favorite class?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PigzFly

I like awoken females. I couldn't get a male character to look right. They will be my favorite for sure if the full game has customization options that make the males look ok. I like playing as my own gender.

Awoken females are badass! But you're right, the males seemed a little off.

BqA39VZCMAEvD0T.jpg:orig

todd360

*grabs pitchforks and torches* get the freak!!

=P

Haha. I just can't help feeling like i'm lieing to everyone if I play a girl. I start feeling like one of those WOW players who pretend to be a girl to get free stuff from people. I have seen it happen to my sister on WOW. Only she was actually a girl haha.

Is Control the only mode for the Crucible beta? :/

I really want to play CTF. How well the competitive MP plays is important to my purchase, and I dont like the Domination mode because it does not feel so competitive.

I pre-ordered a few days ago at gamestop.com for in-store pickup and didn't realize that apparently this means I have to go to a store to get the beta code. Argh.

If anyone is from bungie....

Okay I have my code and entered a long time ago. Today when I went to select region and platform (ps4 Europe) it keeps telling me codes unavailable till the 17th... What's up with that? Does that mean that that is when my codes will be assigned to me on the database and I'll get my download codes at a later date? Or something else?

SnakeEyes

Banned

I really want to play CTF. How well the competitive MP plays is important to my purchase, and I dont like the Domination mode because it does not feel so competitive.
Yup, Control is still the only PvP gametype to be playable in the beta.

Jabraham

Haha. I just can't help feeling like i'm lieing to everyone if I play a girl. I start feeling like one of those WOW players who pretend to be a girl to get free stuff from people. I have seen it happen to my sister on WOW. Only she was actually a girl haha.
I've always found it kind of weird playing as a female in a game and i usually would create a male, but there is something about this game that wants me to play as one.
(maybe my sub conscience trying to tell me something)

If anyone is from bungie....

Okay I have my code and entered a long time ago. Today when I went to select region and platform (ps4 Europe) it keeps telling me codes unavailable till the 17th... What's up with that? Does that mean that that is when my codes will be assigned to me on the database and I'll get my download codes at a later date? Or something else?
Check the OP.

Neverwas

i roll the genders about 50/50. always got a kick when i hopped on Vent with my gravelly male smokers voice. but yeah, the free stuff is totally true. the first female i rolled in WoW got free stuff thrown at her left and right. i didn't roll the character with that intent, but once it became a thing, i was just like "yeah, i can live with this". lol.

ElRenoRaven

Alpha build can safely be deleted. I was actually wondering if keeping it would make the download smaller. Now we know!

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/487363355712028673

Kept telling everyone. It's hard to let them go though. You think man someday in many years what if I learn how to program and want to disassemble the alpha and go through the files. How will I do that without it? But then of course you remember you never will.

Alpha build can safely be deleted. I was actually wondering if keeping it would make the download smaller. Now we know!

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/487363355712028673

its_a_trap_star_wars.gif

Having the alpha on your hard drive will unlock Custom armor for each class:

Titan gets a purple pimp suit.
Hunter gets a Super Mario 3 themed raccoon suit.
Warlock gets a Jedi robe.

Don't ask who my source is.

My source is Tales From My Ass magazine.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Haha. I just can't help feeling like i'm lieing to everyone if I play a girl.
Yeah, I feel similarly. I'm a pretty femme man, and sometimes I wanna choose women characters in games just cause they align more with that, but it never feels quite right. Thankfully Destiny has a lot of really sweet options for femme men.

Valkyra

Banned

Same I really want CTF and TDM modes, but we'll have to wait.

its_a_trap_star_wars.gif

Having the alpha on your hard drive will unlock Custom armor for each class:

Titan gets a purple pimp suit.
Hunter gets a Super Mario 3 themed raccoon suit.
Warlock gets a Jedi robe.

Don't ask who my source is.

My source is Tales From My Ass magazine.

Is... is that a weekly edition, or monthly?

I want that purple pimp suit lol

I found this.
thx bae

I dont remember if the Alpha had official descriptions or not, but at least some are self explanitory.

i think they mave have changed double and triple kill to "double down" and "triple down" in the beta, but that could just be because the players were killed in a cap zone.

D i Z

Kept telling everyone. It's hard to let them go though. You think man someday in many years what if I learn how to program and want to disassemble the alpha and go through the files. How will I do that without it? But then of course you remember you never will.

Didn't think about it like that. Now I'm definitely NOT going to delete it.

Dubz

I've changed my Steam and Origin names to Moon Wizard. Not sure I want to pay to change my XBL, and I can't change my PSN name yet (at least I don't think I can).

Needless to say, I'm hyped!

Exo Warlock is the only true path.

It is known.

conejo.gif

Sit down and let me tell you the error of your ways ;)

I am hoping that you're just being a contrarian, because the natural choice (if you stay within the assumed storyline) is to create an Awoken Warlock who evolved into space magic. A robot wizard is a bit too George Lucas for me. Are you going for the Grievous approach to Destiny?

Kaiken

Banned
So, I'm guessing those that did the digital pre-order is only going to get a single link to download? No three keys like the rest of us?

PigzFly

I think it might have been the hair styles. The males in destiny alpha only seemed to have crazy hair styles that not many people would want in real life.

Yep. From memory there were no plain short hairstyles, which led to making a bald dude xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom