• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Withdrawal Thread: The Traveler's space magic is addictive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beant

I feel safe saying this in this thread since its denizens will be mostly only destiny fanatics.

People that thought the PvP was TERRIBLE must either hate all fps or just really really suck. Yes there were some lag/hit problems, but I was having the most fun in an fps that in at least a year or two. How was it sooooo bad?

iNvid02

YqP6dmV.jpg

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'll likely end up with a character in all 3 classes. Warlock will be my main though, gotta love that Nova Bomb.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I feel safe saying this in this thread since its denizens will be mostly only destiny fanatics.

People that thought the PvP was TERRIBLE must either hate all fps or just really really suck. Yes there were some lag/hit problems, but I was having the most fun in an fps that in at least a year or two. How was it sooooo bad?

I'm better than you at shooters and I think Destiny PvP is an inconsistent mess.

But whatever, I'll deal. I like the rest.

Had a lot of fun with the Beta and I have already realized that I'm going to be addicted to this game for a long time.

I am squashmatch and I am a Destiny addict.

Kadin

Had no clue it was going offline this early, thought it would be tonight at midnight my time (PT). Daaaaaamn. :(

So how is the reward tracked? I assume by gamertag/ID?

jett

D-Member
MOON ON THE RISE

Was this anybody else's first time playing a Bungie game? I hesitate to "qualify" my times playing split-screen Reach deathmatch or split-screen Halo 2 co-op.

I've played some Halo 1 on PC but not much. This was my first Bungie experience pretty much. It was excellent, I was addicted to this thing.

Stoze

I'll leave this here:

A+ post my friend. This saves me from having to do a long write up myself, this is pretty much my exact thoughts on the whole beta experience and others who have voiced their opinions.

Exploring deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole that is Moon's Hellmouth with a friend was some of the most fun I had with the beta.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Did you think it was a bolded allcaps terrible? Could you elaborate a little more?

To quote myself:

I've voiced my opinions on PvP here before but I really don't care for it at all. There's the obvious comparison to be made to Halo, and I'll avoid it and look at Destiny as its own thing. It allows players to bring in their own character, weapons and gear; imo this is a blessing and a curse. I like seeing my dude donging other dudes, but there's a glaring issue with this. I have no idea what my enemies are capable of. Do they have a shotgun that can one-shot me? Or is their super up, meaning I can't sit in one place for more than 3 seconds without worrying about a Titan dropping the D on me or a Hunter/Warlock instagibbing me from 20 feet away? In the case of the Iron Banner, maybe it's just a level 4 scrub who owns nothing but a 20 atk pea shooter. I want equal starts. I want to know if my enemy has their instakill ability just sitting in their back pocket. I want predictability. Destiny PvP gives me none of these things, and leaves me with an inconsistent mess. Vehicles are incredibly strong, leaving very little counterplay if one's super isn't up. The maps are solid enough and direct the flow of combat well (except the moon, good lord that map is bad). The announcer needs some work. The modes are standard fare, from what we've seen. Matchmaking is poor; many games result in lopsided blowouts.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
This game is absolutely awesome! Way better than I was expecting, especially the multiplayer.

Hell, I sunk more hours into the crucible than I did the PVE stuff, it was simply that good.

I got all I wanted out of the beta so I'm not really feeling any withdrawal here, I didn't even play it all that much in the final days.
Same. Once I realized nothing was transferring and new content was not being added I dedicated myself to other shit with my bud. Like finishing the wire and the last airbender.

Gammacide

Was there a reason given for why it was shut off so early??? I'm so annoyed because tonight was the first chance today for me to get on (today). :( Seriously bummed right now. I thought the 2 day break in the middle of the beta was bad...now it is 43 days??? Ugh. I had no idea I would love this game as much as I do.

Maybe Bungie can release a Sparrow Racing game. Just a few tracks...$5.99?

Bungie plz

My buddy and I were saying the same thing, the final game should have Sparrow races or at least release some as DLC!

Tried to sign on and found out my mission was complete for now. Sigh there was still one "secret" area I wanted to check out, though the last thing I did was go to the Grotto to get a glimpse of that bad ass Shrieker hidden there. Whoa! Was killed within 10 seconds but at least got a clip of it saved on my Xbox One.

Killer concept for this game, really have higher hopes for it than before the Beta. Stay strong in the interim all!

Juraash

Clicking on the app and seeing nothing come up...the feels.

The beta was such a fun experience and even though I was pretty busy today, I got some time in this morning.

This is all I really want to play. My back log is pretty extensive and we get The Last of Us Remaster this week... but I just want to play more Destiny. Not looking forward to the wait, even if it isn't that bad.

I can't think of the last time a game got its hooks in me quite so deep.

RyudBoy

I'm going back to Titanfall, with the new maps out in a few days. Probably still my favorite multiplayer and waiting to see what the sequel will offer in content. Don't think I'll need much else for a while unless I decide to try and get back into Halo with the MCC.

Liked Destiny's PvP in the end, but I felt like I was underwater the entire time. The hit detection issues didn't help either, making me second guess myself on if I was doing it right or not. Also disliked the TDM in disguise that was control.

I like Titanfall, but it's dead whenever I play nowadays. It literally takes several minutes to find a game for me.

Other than a couple of instances where I encountered some players warping around the map, playing Crucible in Destiny was a solid experience. I didn't encounter any hit detection problems, either. The gameplay just felt good to me and very reminiscent of Halo, which is a positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom